• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who are the great managers of the modern game, and why

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
The best thing about Ancelotti is his tactical flexibility and his ability to manage and massage the egos of top players.

He is great but he wouldn't have been the guy to take over from Emery in hindsight ( though I wanted him at the time)

He's not a rebuilder or the main man at the club. He's an important cog in the machinery.

Great manager and likeable personality though and in 90% of circumstances you'd take him over Arteta, just not the project we had going. Ancelotti isn't the guy if you want to rip things apart and build up fresh.
But zero CV and Pep’s dumbest coffee boy would be superior choice is what you are saying to a guy with a handful of CL.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
If that was Arteta managing Madrid last year and he put Kroos/Modric in midfield and got completely destroyed against City we would never hear the end of it lol

His inability to coach an effective press and lack of intensity from his team in the CL semifinal last year showed that he wouldn't succeed here. Legendary manager, but the game has evolved

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Yup, came second in Serie A with Parma but Parma were a pretty big deal back then.

Didn't win a trophy til he got to Juve. No CL or league title til AC Milan.

Im just looking at Wikipedia btw

Fair dos, I wasn’t even born them times.

Arteta reminds me more of Pirlo in management than Don Carlo anyways.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
If that was Arteta managing Madrid last year and he put Kroos/Modric in midfield and got completely destroyed against City we would never hear the end of it lol

Tbf Arteta lost 7-2 over 2 legs to Pep last season… 👀

Being better against City is a must. Funny you mention pressing, over committing was one of our biggest mistakes against them now that they have the out ball to Haaland.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Ancelotti is more of a figurehead for an overall team (which includes his son who does the bulk of the legwork) these days. This is according to several current and past Everton players.

Arteta seems much more involved into the day to day and actual coaching. I think the squad needs the latter.

Farzad Stoned

It is just funny how hilariously Arsenal fans rate Arteta. Over managers with league titles, europas, and CL crowns because of his style and youth. He knows how to bottle it in style i’ll hand you that.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Different style of management, Arteta and Ancelloti.

What matters is trophies at the end of the day. Don Carlo has that in spades.

That AC Milan team of 2003-2007 was a goat team tbh. Nearly every player in the first xi was in the conversation for the best ever in their position. But then again, it takes a special skill set to harness that level of talent that he had. Something Arteta doesn't yet have.

Arteta would probably had alienated most of the squad and he'd have gotten sacked.

But yeah, our team is not good enough for a manager like Don Carlo. He needs seasoned world class players who don't need too much tactical coaching.

This is a clear weakness of Arteta. He doesn't really know how to harness the talent out of big players. Don't think Arteta would ever want an Mbappe type player. Our squad is perfect for him.

Pep used to suffer from this but he has started to shift ground in recent years.

There are tactical managers and there are man managers. It all depends on the squad and how it suits the master's personality.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
He needs to win a trophy with this group of players this season (along with minimum top 4). The pressure will be huge if he doesn’t achieve this.

If he chucks any of the cup competitions, a lot of the fanbase will be pi**ed

Makavelii

Does he know Havertz and Holding are sh.t? They probably better to, he is substandard frankly a negligent manager gravy training massive money and Pr

You listed Tuchel and Poch as managers better than Mikel. And cite Havertz as your biggest reason.
Yet both of those managers consistently played Kai.

Low and Flick would also play him consistently for the NT.

How do you reconcile?

Last edited:

Farzad Stoned

You listed Tuchel and Poch as managers better than Mikel. And cite Havertz as your biggest reason.

How do you reconcile?
Havertz and Werner were the two decisions that killed Tuchel. Both were super highly rated out of Germany. Tuchel didn’t know Havertz was a flop and paid for it with his job. Mik sees the last 3 years and doubles down on Tuchel’s error

Farzad Stoned

How do you reconcile?
Ps I don’t think i have ever mentioned Flick

shoot for the top

Is he really top top level? Beside Madrid. As far as I remember, his league records aren’t anything super impressive.
Just claiming that we would have won the league with him seems a bit of a merchant statement to me (referring to Farz here , not you)
Downton Abbey Go To Bed GIF by PeacockTV

Farzad Stoned

Come on besides multiple Champions league and league titles with Madrid and Milan how can he compete with Mik who gloriously choked into second once. They don’t even know how far gone they are unless you really analyze the delusional assumptions that form a basis for their logic. Mik is somehow superior for Arsenal than Ancelotti and is 3rd best manager in league based on what?

Anyway you cut it he has underperformed based on time and investment up till now

Farzad Stoned

Yeah Arteta is a complete joke compared to Ancelotti really.
We could of had him instead we took Pep’s dumbest coffee boy. This for me is the biggest mistake the Kroenkes have made. Instead of handing 4 years and a billion dollars in transfers to Tuchel and or Don Carlo we gave it to Mik to learn the trade. In retrospect, we all should of seen the guy was not ready for a top 5 or 10 job in the globe. His bizarre conduct frankly isn’t even borderline questionable anymore.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

We could of had him instead we took Pep’s dumbest coffee boy. This for me is the biggest mistake the Kroenkes have made. Instead of handing 4 years and a billion dollars in transfers to Tuchel and or Don Carlo we gave it to Mik to learn the trade. In retrospect, we all should of seen the guy was not ready for a top 5 or 10 job in the globe. His bizarre conduct frankly isn’t even borderline questionable anymore.

I don’t think Ancelotti would have stuck around and seen the club through the changes it needed anyways, he kinda left Everton high and dry. There are legitimate criticisms there but not winning La liga every season or being supposedly outdated aren’t valid ones.

I do believe sometimes a better appointment is superior to having the best manager available, but the downplaying here of Ancelotti’s career is ridiculous.

Arteta is a PR monster with unique concessions afforded to him, he can’t speak to the majority of the middling managers in the league let alone Ancelotti.

Farzad Stoned

I don’t think Ancelotti would have stuck around and seen the club through the changes it needed anyways, he kinda left Everton high and dry. There are legitimate criticisms there but not winning La liga every season or being supposedly outdated aren’t valid ones.

I do believe sometimes a better appointment is superior to having the best manager available, but the downplaying here of Ancelotti’s career is ridiculous.

Arteta is a PR monster with unique concessions afforded to him, he can’t speak to the majority of the middling managers in the league let alone Ancelotti.
We aren’t Everton. Because we give managers job security Arsenal is super coveted. And he would of had money to win. I think Don Carlo wanted to prove himself in England why he went to crap Everton. Arsenal had the talent in place and resources and brand where he could of replicated some of the success at Milan and Madrid. Imagine what he did for Benz and Bellingham he does for Saka and Martinelli with a record wad of Stan and Arsenal cash. Everton is not anywhere in our ballpark.

But Mik has somehow convinced people with no league titles and Cl that he is better than managers who have lots of those things and play good football

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
:lol: :lol:
I can't believe how some members are downplaying Ancelotti here.
When you think AM-takes couldn't get worse.

But then again, dumb comparison: Don 'Eyebrow' Carlo vs a rookie Arteta. Especially when you need to bring cups in the mix.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

His inability to coach an effective press and lack of intensity from his team in the CL semifinal last year showed that he wouldn't succeed here. Legendary manager, but the game has evolved

Evolved since Ancelotti won the CL in 2022? During that run his side beat City in the semi final and Liverpool in the final. Both teams that A-M used to hype up at the time.

I think he deserves a bit more respect on here imo and throwing Arteta in this conversation doesn’t even make any sense to me as he still has a lot to prove in Europe. So far his European record doesn’t look great - we’ve been knocked out to Olympiakos, Villarreal and Sporting Lisbon. All three winnable ties.

Surprised @Farzad didn’t suggest Zizou. Didn’t he win 11 trophies in 209 games? 😂

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom