• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Of course he wants to play for Chile & it's a huge game in the context of qualifying but he does have a professional responsibility to his club that pay his huge wages.

He's a guy that will play even if it's only on one leg. He's the type of guy that might need to be protected from himself for his own good tbh.

Why play one game, no matter how huge, when you might miss several other huge games due to injury.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Getting rid of Joel Campbell was a mistake, I've stated more than once and this is exactly why. The only mistake we made during the window. That small and fine detail if it proves fatal to our quest for the league would justify the mismanagement and the poor treatment towards Joel but badly want it not to be. A game like this against Man Utd and Mourinho mid season needs a performance. Even a hard fought draw in a potential banana skin game would be great. We've been pretty fortunate this season even against teams like Ludo to concede an insane amount of chances. Just like Man City did early in the season. Lets hope we haven't run out of all our luck this season yet. The Joel point I brought up since its a squad game for the whole season and a technically sound productive hard working player who can play across the front 4 is an asset.

We can and should be destroying Man Utd but I'm worried. Okay, bye.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
You said you didn't even know if he was injured. ;)
Stop being asinine. I didn't doubt he picked up a knock, just that it could well be something he could easily shrug off which, at the moment, could very well be the case.

Why must I always be the voice of reason?

Preacher

Always Crying
Wenger, in an interview with beIN Sports , said:
I got a text last night (to say) that he has a hamstring injury. The team from Chile has travelled without him and they kept him to try and get him fit to play Uruguay for the second game on Tuesday night.
“I believe that with a hamstring injury. We have to get access for our medical staff to the MRI scan to see what grade it is, how bad it is and make absolutely sure they don’t make any suicidal decision that could harm his future for two or three months.

“That is absolutely important. It’s a grey area between the national team and the club team and of course they look at their own results which I can understand but we have to preserve the health of Alexis Sanchez.

“He always wants to play and that’s where it is a more sensitive case because he’s always ready to play even when injured.”

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Thanks for pointing that out. I shouldn't have posted 'We don't even know if he's injured'' because I meant 'I didn't doubt he picked up a knock, just that it could well be something he could easily shrug off which, at the moment, could very well be the case'.

Not sure why I'm so asinine.
Fixed

Sanchez will play with one leg, we know that. You have to accept such desire and even risk from him, it comes with the package.

True hence it is very weird people wanted to rest him in our most important CL games in the group stage.

People always think they can predict an injury and say x player should have been rested here and there when the truth is they really can't. There was nothing wrong with Sanchez after Sp**s game.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Don't actually believe he will be out for our games. I remember what Alexis's ankel looked like after the copa America final. He was healthy again in no time! He has regeneration powers like cell.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Sanchez does pretty well for injuries apart from the time he was pushed into the TV camera pit at Norwich. Out for a few weeks after that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So According to Arsène Sanchez got and Hamstring injury and if Chile force him to play in Tuesday his injury could get worse and he could be out 3 months.

we really in mess situation because even if Chile won't play him Alexis will still want to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom