• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CS: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 08/08/04

Alexone234

I thought everyone did really well in that game, and I think tha Fungie is right pissed off at how good our squad is.

I have to say though, while Cesc and Gilberto did really well, a more competitive match would have called for Vieira. For a few minutes, the CM duo wandered and I thought, there, that is the difference of a team with or without Vieira.

That said, I thought we were great today, and I am happy about our future.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
51152214.jpg

Someone should tell him this was just a charity shield game ....

Alexone234

try telling me it was the Community Shield too :)

I had a great time watching it on the TV. I still yelled some obsenities and felt a lot of pride for our young team.

kin4ever

Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
51152214.jpg

Someone should tell him this was just a charity shield game ....

He's in such a bad mood because he can feel that it(CS) was the only chance to win anything in the future :lol:

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
try telling me it was the Community Shield too :)

I had a great time watching it on the TV. I still yelled some obsenities and felt a lot of pride for our young team.

Yea same here - felt real good watching the likes of pennant and cesc do so well - the amount of talented youngsters we have is frightening to be honest.

kanooo

Although it was only the community shield, I still wanted Arsenal to win whatever game they play.

We have a lot to be optimistic about the youngsters. But the team will have to fight even harder for more competitive games ahead (esp. if Vieira leaves).

And we still need to be far more ruthless in front of goal. We squandered quite a number of chances. Reyes was superb but he needs to touch up his finishing a bit - and he will be unstoppable.

In general, it was a good game with Cole, Pennant, Cygan and Lehmann all doing well. Did not see much of RVP though (except for the header) but I'm sure he has potential as well.

Can't wait for the Everton match ....

efurze

kel varnsen said:
efurze said:
Cesc - Everyone needs to calm down about this kid. Yes, he's talented, but there's no way he getting any EPL starts this year. Good on the ball, energetic, a few bad passes but not too many. He looked like a boy among men though, just too damn small. Worked hard but not that effective at winning the ball. Missed a lot of tackles without even really disturbing the ball carrier. Needs time and needs to grow.

sorry, but you don't know jack s***e! cesc was brilliant today. and too small? wtf are you on? this isn't some moronic amercian sport like basketball; a lot the best players in the world are small. emre, gattuso, xabi etc etc. like i said; you don't know s**t!

Uh, thanks for the witty repartee there pal.

Neither is it some ****** british sport like cricket - or darts. You are aware that physical contact is required, no? You're also aware of the syle of CM Wenger likes to play - big, hard, defensive holding CMs. Two of them. Just not sure Cesc looked the part.

I'm not saying he played badly at all. He was unbelievably good for a 16 year old. Great touch, good vision, excellent composure. But this was an exhibition preseaon game against players who are getting ready for a real game on Wednesday. It was a decidedly soft game, and the overall team talent was firmly in Arsenal's favor. In a hard-fought EPL game I'm not confident that he would be able to hold his own. Viera he definitely ain't. But he's obviously a real talent.

juz7_pi12es

godfather said:
juz7_pi12es said:
vpvsas.jpg

oh my van persie..er i mean our van persie!
:eek:ops:

sorry mate, just cant see it

i don't know why..sometimes can sometimes cannot
can somebody teach me how to upload?
because through geocities it always become like this :(

by the way here's another one...

behappy.jpg

maybe can't view for the moment but hope it can be viewed after a while

hey somebody teach me ok how to upload in a better way!
thanks

Originally posted by efurze:

Cesc - Everyone needs to calm down about this kid. Yes, he's talented, but there's no way he getting any EPL starts this year. Good on the ball, energetic, a few bad passes but not too many. He looked like a boy among men though, just too damn small. Worked hard but not that effective at winning the ball. Missed a lot of tackles without even really disturbing the ball carrier. Needs time and needs to grow

You avin a larf m8

the kid did real good

superb touch and didn't panic at all

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom