<

EPL | Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | 10th April at 20:00 (GMT) Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Notorious Big, Apr 7, 2017.

?

What will be the result of this match?

1. Arsenal win

26 vote(s)
    55.3%
  2. Draw

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. Crystal Palace win

15 vote(s)
    31.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyruga

Hyruga Active Member

Good news...Big Sam has saved crystal palace. We will see them again next year.

2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

We only 1 point worse at this stage last season that explains we are not improving at all going backward instead

Mark Tobias, krackpot and Gooner Zig like this.
  3. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Big Sam bascially stated what happened and their tatics in the press conference (to take advantage of the space our fullbacks give and the lack of protection they offer our CBs) and we had no plan B against it.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    krackpot likes this.
  4. asukru

asukru Well-Known Member

Was able to watch some of the game at work and saw the score so RAW starts 8pm and it is now 7:52pm so yeah lol I got RAW :) hope that goes better then our Arsenal :(

5. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

Good win, onto the next one.

6. Dokaka

Dokaka AM's resident Hammer

Feels like this is every game now. Bellerin caught up field -> Mustafi isolated, too much ground to cover -> Defense gets spread thin and someone is open in the box.

It's like clockwork now. Happens more often against weak teams because the FBs get even more reckless.

Trilly, Gooner Zig, Mitch and 2 others like this.
  7. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

:lol:

8. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

And the silly old git could have had him back for peanuts instead of letting him go to Chelsea but his wounded ego and a very disappointing Özil stood in the way. Joke stuff. The number of times he's shot himself in the foot is truly staggering. I didn't like the way Cesc left any more than anyone else but the guy wanted to come back and Wenger wasn't having it but it was fine to bring Flamini (who also pissed off) back into the fold because he didn't hurt Wenger's feelings as much when he left. Lunacy.

Gooner Zig, Bradpiff, salvat and 7 others like this.
  9. Hyruga

Hyruga Active Member

Benteke had a tap-in ruled offside. It might as well count as 4-0 to make it as embarassing as the double 5-1 losses to Bayern.

Positives from the match:
    Martinez showing a lot of enthusiasm and willingness to scold other players.
    Gabriel almost scoring from a header, showing he could head.

10. Aevi

Aevi Hale End FC Moderator

[​IMG]

11. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

positives: one week closer to the end of the season.

[​IMG]

12. happyhappy

happyhappy Active Member

Cesc is a bonus. Even Paul Merson walks into this team.

This whole lot is just pathetic.

13. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

GOOD! Boy can piss off. This game is for men and he isn't a man. Little child is what he is. Scared little child.

14. WhatAFC

WhatAFC Well-Known Member

Exactly this, mustafi is getting so much stick but he's basically covering the entire right of the defence at times.

When we go forward instead of having a CM ready to drop into CB and mustafi being pushed to RB during a counter, the CM are far to high up the pitch and get caught all the time.

Wenger is stuck on this Barcelona tactic from about 6 years ago, difference is we don't press in numbers to win the ball back high up the pitch. Not to mention they had busquets who didn't move from 15 yards in front of the CB the whole game.

Trilly, Gooner Zig and krackpot like this.
  15. Jm89

Jm89 Active Member

Exactly, I would not mind bellerin being caught up field if he was producing magic up there! But he can't cross, pass or retain possession!

So he's constantly chasing back! I actually don't think he is good enough! He's weak in the air weak in the tackle and gets exposed quite a bit!

Deathstroke, mm76 and Ashybashy86 like this.
  16. Jm89

Jm89 Active Member

Flamani was free that's why he cam back!

17. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

Shame really. I actually used to rate him highly. Then again, I used to rate Coquelin. Don't think we'll be having to fend off interest from big clubs any time soon.

18. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

No, you should get ready!

I was telling you to be careful back when you and others were telling me to stop being pessimistic and that Wenger was building something special way back in November.

Regardless I'm just winding you up - nobody could predict this. I thought it would be the same old good but not good enough. :lol:

I guess this is what happens when you aim for the top four and the five other teams around you aim for the title. When you miss out on the title you get a CL spot, when you miss out on your CL spot you get this.

19. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

Relentless:lol:

20. {reed}

{reed} Poundland GDeep

It's a pity that Jenkinson didn't join CP in the winter, just imagine: Flamini and Jenkinson celebrating the victory over Arsenal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.