• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Wigan Athletic | 07/05/06

Tegh

Established Member
Wouldn't it be better for those of you who want the link to pm HIM? Otherwise this thread is just going to be a spam fest.

Just a thought.

marco

That was probably one of the greatest days i have ever had at arsenal/ highbury.

Atmosphere was excellent, the roar when dennis came on and west ham scored was out of this world.

Dont really care about the food poisoinign business, the season is 38 games long, they had 37 other games in which to do it and anyhow we had more players out in the bernebeu then they did yesterday.

Thank you arsenal for 13 years of fantastic memories on the north bank...

Didnt want yesterday to end, didnt want to leave....

cc

Tegh said:
Wouldn't it be better for those of you who want the link to pm HIM? Otherwise this thread is just going to be a spam fest.

Just a thought.

my bad.

I will post the link at www.fbtz.com, a registration required forum. please check that site about 1 hour later. no more request in this thread please. thanks

Tegh

Established Member
Nah, I wasn't having a go at you mate, it'd be easier for you as well if people pm you first. That way it saves you having to read through this thread for requests.

anomaly

Ice Berg legend said:
anomaly said:
Only hosted one of the clips so far....but it's probably the best of the lot. Henry..last ever goal at Highbury. Enjoy people.

goal clip deleted - sorry - Asterix

(might have to copy and paste link into toolbar)
You were sitting really close to me. I was in Row N Seat 6, which were you in?

aww..shame about the vids. got loads aswell!

i was block N, row 13, seat 14...yeah we were pretty close! i probably got a pic of you aswell..hehe. i'll post some of my pics later..maybe we should have a dedicated thread for people with pics from the game?

invisibleman18

Established Member
First time I have got online since the game so I'll post a few thoughts.

Fantastic game! Forgetting about everything it meant, it was an amazing game to watch. Awesome. The atmosphere sounded absolutely brilliant on the TV. Certainly not a 'library' today.
Unfortunately we did not get it on TV here until 10am NZ time (7 hours delayed). It meant missing my 1st class at uni today, but it had to be done. And it was certainly well worth missing.

Very similar game to the one against Liverpool in 2004 when we were down and out and then up popped Thierry with the hattrick that all but won us the league. Only difference being this time it got us into the CL. I'm slightly disappointed Bergkamp didn't get more than 12 or 13 minutes, but at least he got an amazing reception, largely thanks to West Ham scoring the moment he was being thrown on.

Good to see Pires score 1 last goal in what was probably his last Premiership match. Lehmann who has had such a brilliant season unfortnately had a bit of a nightmare last Highbury game. At fault with the first goal as he didn't move, just waited for the ball to come and Scharner got in 1st. And again, appalling positioning for the 2nd goal, very similar to the one Quedrue scored past him last season for Boro, ironically in another amazing come from behind win.

Henry was really up for this one from the outset, and was at his best. I can't think of enough superlatives to describe him. A simply incredible player, and fitting that he should say goodbye to Highbury with a match winning hattrick. I don't care what anyone says, for me he is the greatest player ever to play for the club, best player ever to play at Highbury, and the best ever to grace the English game. If he does end up leaving in the summer, he will not only be a huge loss for us, but also a big loss for English Football in general. It's a travesty he hasn't won that World Player of the Year award yet. I have the feeling if he has a good one in Paris next week, (maybe followed by a reasonably World Cup) surely the next one is his.

It was great to see a number of legends in the crowd. I loved seeing Charlie George going mental, and Ian Wright celebrating at the end was good too. Loved Henry's reaction to West Ham's 2nd goal too, and of course him kissing the turf brought a tear to the eye.

It was particularly pleasing for me on a personal level. My parents are both lifelong Sp*rs fans, and my Dad is the most ardent there could be. To this day he still complains about the goal Stuart Pearce scored in the 91 Cup Final where a Sp*rs player was moved out of the wall, despite them winning that one. I have had to put up with so much **** from him this season, so to have the last laugh and pip them to the CL spot is very satisfying. The look on his face as he left for work was priceless!

It's sad to say goodbye to Highbury, but at least it ended on a high. Great day.

otfgoon

Established Member
Thierry

You could see thierry was fired up from the start, he was being more selfish, which is him at his best to be honest. Hope its not his last EPL game :cry:

KingReyes

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
Smartly Dressed Morris said:
I also won £100 of my Sp**s mate , he foolishly bet me that Spuds would finish above Arsenal , and now he is not answering his phone.

Best bit of the day (apart from going mad when we heard the ammers had scored) was the whole ground doing we're the Clock End/North Bank/East Stand/West Stand. Made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Seeing Charlie George going mad in one of the boxes above the CE was great aswell. Legend.

Just shows what we are capable of when we get the whole crowd singing. The whole we're the Clock End/North Bank/East Stand/West Stand was unbelievable.

Also the singing of Rocky's name was ****ing brilliant and then again the roar when his picture came up on the big screens.

Saville

marco said:
That was probably one of the greatest days i have ever had at arsenal/ highbury.

Atmosphere was excellent, the roar when dennis came on and west ham scored was out of this world.

Dont really care about the food poisoinign business, the season is 38 games long, they had 37 other games in which to do it and anyhow we had more players out in the bernebeu then they did yesterday.

Thank you arsenal for 13 years of fantastic memories on the north bank...

Didnt want yesterday to end, didnt want to leave....

Me and my dad were watching the game! and when Bergkamp came out a huge roar came up! but it was then we realised Sp**s were losing! and then it came to me i knew it would be our day! last day at highbury, Sp**s lose, all came together!

My Cousin went to the game (me and him are also going to bergkamp testimonial :)) and he said the atmosphere was just buzzing, he got loads of pictures of the game and ceremony! the last match programme is fantastic. Just a very emotional day at Highbury!

koivu

SaViLlE_06 said:
My Cousin went to the game (me and him are also going to bergkamp testimonial

Got your tickets sorted, have you?

Great day for everyone yesterday, wherever you were, though some were obviously luckier than others!

Saville

koivu said:
SaViLlE_06 said:

Great day for everyone yesterday, wherever you were, though some were obviously luckier than others!

yup, should be getting them through the post this week! love to know where were sitting! will be awesome though!

Arsenal_4eva_14

SaViLlE_06 said:
koivu said:
SaViLlE_06 said:

yup, should be getting them through the post this week! love to know where were sitting! will be awesome though!

You rekon Bergy will start or jsut play the last 10mins?

:lol:

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Top Bottom