• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 09/04/06

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
YoungGunner, you usually talk s***e, and I usually don't reply, but Ade isn't the target man you expected him to be.. Right you tactician, Ade is getting balls to him, he's holdign it up, but RvP is over on the right side constantly and the midfield aren't supporting cause they're knackered, what difference would having Zigic do? I'd like to know..

I do like Adebayor great player.

But he likes to drop deep a little too much and create things himself by dribbling making space etc.

I want a Targetman like Zigic who can win everything in the air and give us a option to cross or play it long. Give us that player who is always up there and a great option for our midfielders. It would help us beat teams like Man Utd and now Chelsea.

2 banks of four and we cant do nothing. Zigic can change this.

We have not showed good interest in him for nothing you know.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
Concerning Pires, what a gutless, pathetic performance.

Bobby pissed the f**k out of me.. the ***** ducked out of challenges all the time, he even had a chance to tuck away the rebound from Ade's blocked effort in the 1st 5. but he bottled it.. the ****.

There was 1 time in the 2nd half, when we were attacking, and Pires was in a great position to pick the ball up somewhere near the touchline, and a United player was coming to close down the ball, and Pires just stopped, stalled and f****g left the ball, and the United player cleared.

Pathetic.

Freddie did more in 20 than Pires the whole game.

Show some respect to Pires hes a Legend. We all knew Pires is not that type of player from day one when he was first signed.

He is in decline and its not his fault he was selected it was Wengers.

koivu

pha2er said:
finally, back from the land of manc, and that was weird. i really enjoyed being there, but it was a shame we lost :(

i can't believe how rubbish the manure support is, they only started singing when they scored, and even then it was half hearted attempts to wind us up - which failed.

i need to know one thing though, what is it you guys shout when Park get's the ball? 'DDD', Johnny Vaughn' - whats that all about?

thumbs up to toure for being the 2nd keeper, and thumbs down to pires who obviously doesn't want a new contract.

I'm with you on that one, I enjoyed being up there but am quite disappointed with losing. Their support was indeed rubbish throughout, even after they scored.

As for when Park gets the ball, the chang was actually 'DVD'. I'm not going to go into that one as last time I did I was labelled too politically correct and the thread was eventually deleted. Back when the good ol' guvnor was around. Needless to say it's not the first time I've heard it at our matches and I was less than happy to hear it again.

Oh, and Pires wasn't bothered at all was he...

Tegh

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2005 said:
Heh, i thought i was the only one that noticed that. Some of the lack of passion and commitment shown by pires was truly shocking. To actually shy away from a challenge that could have very well led to a goal is beneath even him.
I have been saying that but I get raped for it, he's a gutless coward.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Tegh said:
_scorpion_ said:
I just hope the RVP fanboys will shut their traps about how good RVP's finishing is compared to Ade.

He missed an absolute sitter on his left peg today.
Worst point you've ever made.
RVP's finishing is a hell of a lot better than Ade's, anyone can tell that. RVP can strike a ball sweeter than most players in our side, all you need for proof of that are his goals against Blackburn in the FA Cup, not to mention the others that he's struck from that acute angle. His finishing is far superior to Ade's, and that wasn't a sitter at all. The ball bounced too late and as a result, flew off his shin.

Tegh,

I said that to bait all the RVP Groupies that have been whinging the last few weeks about AW's selection policy of Ade and Henry.

I do know RVP is a better finisher! I have said that many times before. I rate Ade as a better partner for henry upfront because of his speed, size and work ethic.

But the point I was making at the time was that AW picks the best TEAM (not individuals) he wants on the park. And currently there is no better combination in our squad than Henry and Ade in my opinion.

I did not think you (of all people in this forum) would take the bait.

Maybe I just dont use enough smiley faces like my 10 year old RVP fanboy colleagues to get my point across.

kel varnsen

Established Member
_scorpion_ said:
But the point I was making at the time was that AW picks the best TEAM (not individuals) he wants on the park. And currently there is no better combination in our squad than Henry and Ade in my opinion.
and others think van persie is better. deal with it...

_scorpion_ said:
Maybe I just dont use enough smiley faces like my 10 year old RVP fanboy colleagues to get my point across.
nope, you prefer creating strawmen and refer to everyone who prefers van persie as '10 year old fanboys'... clever. your reasoning is stunning.

vanderguy

Scorpion you are a gutless coward if van persie hits form and you start praising him then i will know you are a coward.you are adebayor's lil fan boy.why cant you reply my post about rooney and van persie without being stupid why?you are coward who fantasies about adebayor. :?

hujja

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
LuKaZaN said:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/57293007.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19364A19ADEE617E8A83663889273B5294C6F12EEA9B6A8E6AF

What is going on here?

I'd hope they are all sharing a joke like the description says but I dunno... looks like Giggs is trying to pull Eboue away..

what the?!

Looks like they're taking the piss.

Bastards. Manu. E. should've floored them all.

raphael_as

Gah.

Chances of our best team beating ManUtd at Old Trafford, or even getting a point after a midweek CL game were always very, very slim.
We could lose to Pompey, only we won't, because we'll have our best players rested and not suffering from the psychological blow of losing to ManUtd with a full strength team. That's the point.

But I guess you know best.
Really - we rested our best players did we? Cesc spent the day at home in front of the telly right?...... Henry didn't come on for the last 20?....Hleb?.....Eboue?.....Toure?.....Lehmann?......

I could understand it if we had fielded a defensive minded 4-5-1 side with the obvious aim of giving the lads a rest for a game we could (just about) afford to lose so that they would be fresh for the next 18 days. I'd have been disappointed to be sure, but it makes sense when we have bigger/different fish to fry.

But we didn't do that, hell we didn't even come close - The fact of the matter is that the only players we rested from the Juve game were Reyes (if he was rested as opposed to it being a tactical move by AW) - I suppose Henry and Lundberg could be considered to be half-rested.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

We rested our left sided attacking players namely Reyes, Freddie and Henry . The 15 minute run they had on a weekend does nothing but keep the muscles from tightening.

raphael_as

We rested our left sided attacking players namely Reyes, Freddie and Henry .
So what? Gurgen said we rested our best players - I said we didn't even come close. Your post does nothing to contradict mine.

The 15 minute run they had on a weekend does nothing but keep the muscles from tightening.
If you're going to rest them then rest them. And if you're afraid of their muscles tightening up (must resist urge to use rolleyes) have them into colney for some light excercise - don't risk them in a match situation where one bad tackle can end their season.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Sorry mate I meant our best attack on the left is Freddie , jose and Henry . Henry is worth two players anyway . Unless of course you think Pires offers more penetration in attack and defence than Freddie or Jose .

Thank you for not inflicting me with the dreaded rolling eyes!
However I agree with you , if your'e going to rest them , rest them ! What I was trying to say was 15 minutes does not that it doesn't harm their effectivness in the next match. Yes you could be injured, but you could sustain an injury having a bath too!

raphael_as

Ha - apologies for the roll-eyes thing - hadn't had my coffee yet and was feeling pissy.

Anyway, my gripe is that AW seemed to have got caught in two minds for this match: rest obviously tired players for more important/winnable matches vs. trying to get some points at Old Trafford.

I could have lived with one or the other, but think we now have the worst of both worlds (didn't rest the players who are really knackered and lost the match anyway).

Tegh

Established Member
_scorpion_ said:
Tegh said:
_scorpion_ said:
I just hope the RVP fanboys will shut their traps about how good RVP's finishing is compared to Ade.

He missed an absolute sitter on his left peg today.
Worst point you've ever made.
RVP's finishing is a hell of a lot better than Ade's, anyone can tell that. RVP can strike a ball sweeter than most players in our side, all you need for proof of that are his goals against Blackburn in the FA Cup, not to mention the others that he's struck from that acute angle. His finishing is far superior to Ade's, and that wasn't a sitter at all. The ball bounced too late and as a result, flew off his shin.

Tegh,

I said that to bait all the RVP Groupies that have been whinging the last few weeks about AW's selection policy of Ade and Henry.

I do know RVP is a better finisher! I have said that many times before. I rate Ade as a better partner for henry upfront because of his speed, size and work ethic.

I did not think you (of all people in this forum) would take the bait.

I apologise then, I was pissed off after the game and suppose I read too much into it, lol. Ah well, nobody's perfect.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
vanderguy said:
Scorpion you are a gutless coward if van persie hits form and you start praising him then i will know you are a coward.you are adebayor's lil fan boy.why cant you reply my post about rooney and van persie without being stupid why?you are coward who fantasies about adebayor. :?

Maybe because your post about van Persie being better than Rooney is a load of bollocks?

I'm not really sure what Adebayor did so wrong on Sunday that merits the comments he has received. He played much more intelligently than the boy wonder.

Tegh

Established Member
I don't get all the abuse Ade's receiving either, it's not like he didn't try to create something. The kid worked hard and tried to bring others into the game. Had our midfield not been so wankered, and Pires not so lazy and gutless, then it might have worked better.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

raphael_as said:
Ha - apologies for the roll-eyes thing - hadn't had my coffee yet and was feeling pissy.

Anyway, my gripe is that AW seemed to have got caught in two minds for this match: rest obviously tired players for more important/winnable matches vs. trying to get some points at Old Trafford.

I could have lived with one or the other, but think we now have the worst of both worlds (didn't rest the players who are really knackered and lost the match anyway).

All good mate , :lol: you bring up some good points and I am not always able to convey my points in way people understand anyway.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Going to make a big statement here- I think that Adebayour could be world class if he improves his finishing and his passing. He seem to be able to hold the ball against anyone , left Ferdinand behind on the turn a couple of times , Vidic could not get the ball of him when took him on , he has the raw physical ingerdients to be able to live with top class defenders , he creates a lot of chances for himself if he could learn to finish better and link better , the world is his oyster.

phonics

Did anyone feel like they had constant slow motion replay on whenever Pires got the ball? **** me he needs to go to the italian league sharpish he never got past a jogging pace.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom