• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 09/04/06

Gurgen

Established Member
Tony, we can beat United, just not right now. Our two most important players were jaded and the rest didn't look to fit either. You can't outplay and outwork United when you're not 100%. What Wenger did is called taking a calculated risk.

Why is that so hard to grasp?

You'd rather we work our asses of for 60 minutes and lose anyway?

vanderguy

Rooney may be the effective out of the two right now,like wenger said rooney was not difference.but trust me lad the cobra is a special talent he just came back from months out of injury ,dont expect him to come out buzzing,but next season barring no injuries you will see the best of cobra, mark this words to prove me wrong.but he will better than rooney.he produces match winning goals that are rare this days :) .he will surely prove his consistency.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Tony, we can beat United, just not right now. Our two most important players were jaded and the rest didn't look to fit either. You can't outplay and outwork United when you're not 100%. What Wenger did is called taking a calculated risk.

Yes, this is a hard-working english league. :lol:

No seriously, if we worked our arses (asses is american dude) off we might have got a point which is better than nothing. We got close to equalising when we went one-nil down so look what might have happened if we played harder. That's a calculated risk. The whole league and every game played is a calculated risk when you buys players and opt for certain tactics.

We could lose to Pompey anyway, that's the whole point. We need points from any game, it doesn't matter if the opponent is Manure.

kel varnsen

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/57293007.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19364A19ADEE617E8A83663889273B5294C6F12EEA9B6A8E6AF

What is going on here?

I'd hope they are all sharing a joke like the description says but I dunno... looks like Giggs is trying to pull Eboue away..

what the?!

Lukazan

Established Member
But then again, if Eboue is sharing a joke.. WHY?

He should be on top of Ruud trying to yank his bloody head off.

kid_A

we need to get this out of our system asap. we cant dwell on this like last season, we need to get on with it. pompey is massive now

Tegh

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Gurgen said:

No seriously, if we worked our arses (asses is american dude) off we might have got a point which is better than nothing. We got close to equalising when we went one-nil down so look what might have happened if we played harder. That's a calculated risk. The whole league and every game played is a calculated risk when you buys players and opt for certain tactics.

We could lose to Pompey anyway, that's the whole point. We need points from any game, it doesn't matter if the opponent is Manure.
Gurgen is American. ;)
That picture is wrong, look at how camp RVN is with his hand across his face, what was all that about?

Captain

Established Member
I think it was one of the times he was moaning to the ref and Rooney/Ruud are taking the piss out of him.

Army of Me

Established Member
finally, back from the land of manc, and that was weird. i really enjoyed being there, but it was a shame we lost :(

i can't believe how rubbish the manure support is, they only started singing when they scored, and even then it was half hearted attempts to wind us up - which failed.

i need to know one thing though, what is it you guys shout when Park get's the ball? 'DDD', Johnny Vaughn' - whats that all about?

thumbs up to toure for being the 2nd keeper, and thumbs down to pires who obviously doesn't want a new contract.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
the reason why we fail to come back from 1-0 has a lot to do with lack of confidence and inexperience. We have been very fortunate with CL cos we have scored first a lot of times..i really don't know how composed we will be when we go down. Experience counts in those situations..and maybe the cesc..still need a bit more of that. but you also need confidence..

we keep underestimating the role of confidence in teams..and how that "winning habit" builds your confidence. Look at Chelski this past week, 1-0 and down to 10 but they still believed they could win..and the sorry ass hammers,, still believed they could lose. All it took was the equalizer.

This calculated risk was o.k taking..had it worked it would have done us some good..and say whatever you want, there was a good chance of getting a good result from this game..especially with the way we started.

it didn't work out..tough luck..next game please. 4th spot is still very much in our control.

Gurgen

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Gurgen said:

No seriously, if we worked our arses (asses is american dude) off
we might have got a point which is better than nothing. We got close to equalising when we went one-nil down so look what might have happened if we played harder. That's a calculated risk. The whole league and every game played is a calculated risk when you buys players and opt for certain tactics.

Gah.

Chances of our best team beating ManUtd at Old Trafford, or even getting a point after a midweek CL game were always very, very slim.
We could lose to Pompey, only we won't, because we'll have our best players rested and not suffering from the psychological blow of losing to ManUtd with a full strength team. That's the point.

But I guess you know best.

Legend#1

Established Member
YoungGunner, you usually talk ****e, and I usually don't reply, but Ade isn't the target man you expected him to be.. Right you tactician, Ade is getting balls to him, he's holdign it up, but RvP is over on the right side constantly and the midfield aren't supporting cause they're knackered, what difference would having Zigic do? I'd like to know..

Legend#1

Established Member
Concerning Pires, what a gutless, pathetic performance.

Bobby pissed the **** out of me.. the ***** ducked out of challenges all the time, he even had a chance to tuck away the rebound from Ade's blocked effort in the 1st 5. but he bottled it.. the ****.

There was 1 time in the 2nd half, when we were attacking, and Pires was in a great position to pick the ball up somewhere near the touchline, and a United player was coming to close down the ball, and Pires just stopped, stalled and ****ing left the ball, and the United player cleared.

Pathetic.

Freddie did more in 20 than Pires the whole game.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A lot of people are trying to figure out explanations as to why we lost, but tbh even the most optimistic person in the world should have known we were never going to win this game. It's hard enough facing a side as energetic and hard working as man utd as it is - but it's almost impossible to beat them at old trafford with a weakened side 3 days after facing the champions of italy - while they get a whole week rest. Even chelsea would have struggled out there if they were in our position. We were just never going to be up for it physically or mentally, and united obviously took complete advantage of that. The important thing now is to move on and win all our remaining domestic games, and that is very possible given the fact that we really don’t have any 'hard' games left imo.

Legend#1 said:
he even had a chance to tuck away the rebound from Ade's blocked effort in the 1st 5. but he bottled it.. the ****.

Heh, i thought i was the only one that noticed that. Some of the lack of passion and commitment shown by pires was truly shocking. To actually shy away from a challenge that could have very well led to a goal is beneath even him.

Canadian Gooner

No, I noticed it too. And then wondered why Reyes or Ljungberg didn't start, because both of those players are always hungry for the ball and wouldn't shy away like a little fairy.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom