• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Chelsea 2 - 2 Arsenal | Saturday 21st October | KO: 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

3_new-pic.jpg

Prediction
Chelsea 0-2 Arsenal

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Honestly this is what I dislike about the internet and social media era.

In the past if people behaved like this a van would pull up and people wearing white coats would take you to an asylum. But now there is a **** filming it and we all find it ok.
I’d like to support you in these views but I don’t want to get banned, doxxed and cancelled so you’re on your own buddy.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

In the past if people behaved like this a van would pull up and people wearing white coats would take you to an asylum. But now there is a **** filming it and we all find it ok.
Ahh. I’ve googled. At the end of the day this nonsense is purely to promote her OF under the thin veil of being a football fan. It’s quite a standard tactic these days, very little to do with football tbf.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant

Fcuk that girl is annoying as hell.
You really shouldn't be allowed on the internet with so few braincells lol.
Tbf Arsenal fan TV paved the way for fan bellendary
Don Robbie has a fkin lot to answer for!! 🤣

mpower2540

Our pressing was really piss poor. They managed to find an exit route each time we engaged a press. Felt like some of the players wanted to press and some didn’t.

Even when they did turn the ball over to us in the first 70 mins we did nothing with it. We have been completely workmanlike this season,

Chelsea zipped the ball around a lot better than we did when they had it. We looked ponderous and kept misplacing the ball even with 67% possession in the first half.

Arteta looked pissed at the end. Even if the players should be commended for bringing it back to 2-2 we do have this soft underbelly. Teams will continue to target this
Can't say I saw Chelsea zipping the ball around much but maybe they were better than I remember. You can usually tell in about 5/10 minutes whether we're going to be playing well or not. We were hopelessly inaccurate and we gave them encouragement. As cliche as it sounds I think we'd have whimpered to a defeat last season in the same conditions.

Switched Rice to 6, Havertz became a target to go over their mid-block, and all of a sudden we had a solution. I'm probably exaggerating how threatening we were but it gave Chelsea a different problem to solve and that's something we didn't have last season. I also felt Saka pulled his finger out second half and was a lot better.

There's something here, I have no doubt, it's not a false dawn I'm sure of it but we need to get serious. Beating City means nothing if you're not on it in your next game. Most of our issues seem to be linked to attitude and maturity (need another left 8 too). Champions don't play that poorly in the first half, they don't make as many stupid mistakes as we do, and unfortunately, we're currently in an era where you just can't afford to be dropping too many points.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
There’s only so many times you can hear ‘Arsenal showed good mentality to take something from the game, that’s what title contenders do’ kinda comments.

That’s meant to happen here and there, but we are unconvincing too often this season and have to grind out results. That fortune will run out eventually.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We used a dusted Auba and lazy Laca to explain away our short comings in attack. Several hundred million later with a consistent manager recruiting and training players we're as bad if not worse than before. It's not good enough.

Tom Mix

Teams are blocking the middle against us now so it’s hard for us to play free flowing football when we’re having to play it through the eye of a needle. Zinchenko is still probably the best player for this but he’s way off it and of course teams target him defensively. The conditions also made the pitch very slow. The encouraging part of yesterday was we were able to change, go a bit longer and we were causing them trouble, just wish we’d done it earlier.

Didn’t think much of Chelsea btw either, organised but considering how flat we were they didn’t really create a great deal without our help. Torn between whether this was a point gained or two dropped

I still think left 8 is a huge problem, way more than ST. I know Ødegaard is the golden boy to many but I feel we desperately need another ball carrier/dribbler there, we don’t really have anyone who can do this to break a teams shape.
I'm going to offer Mikel for free some earth-shattering advice. If the middle is congested.....USE THE WINGS!!! Don't clutter the place up with pointless "inversions", get your full-backs or wide midfielders to go down the line and open up defences.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We used a dusted Auba and lazy Laca to explain away our short comings in attack. Several hundred million later with a consistent manager recruiting and training players we're as bad if not worse than before. It's not good enough.

Look I don't want to spark a big discussion. Was that even the right explanation? Auba and Laca were firing under Emery, initially under Arteta too. I think this idea that those two were the problem is rewriting history far too much. We lacked creativity under Arteta's early days too. Perhaps when Auba did go he was no longer what he was but as you say similar issues are there. Last season it all seemed to click, but a few of the pieces have changed and the jigsaw doesn't fit anymore.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Actually another bit of luck yesterday is that we were playing the current shambles that is Chelsea. Many other sides would have ripped us to bits away if we turned in that abomination of a first half performance.

I couldn’t comprehend how the pundits kept saying it was Chelsea’s “performance of the season” what’s on earth has happened to them?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Look I don't want to spark a big discussion. Was that even the right explanation? Auba and Laca were firing under Emery, initially under Arteta too. I think this idea that those two were the problem is rewriting history far too much. We lacked creativity under Arteta's early days too. Perhaps when Auba did go he was no longer what he was but as you say similar issues are there. Last season it all seemed to click, but a few of the pieces have changed and the jigsaw doesn't fit anymore.
I'm not saying they were the problem. If anything I'm saying the opposite. It was felt they were the problem, Arteta had credit in the bank because because we needed to transition from them onto something fresh. Our blunt attack would be resolved with shiny new players. We've spent hundreds of millions and are as bad if not worse in attacking sense. What's the common denominator?

We've had purple patches but it should be more than that given the players at our disposal.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Neville sounded so disgusted that we didn't lose today, I thought he was gonna start talking about how crap the owners of Yanited are...as that's usually what he does when results of a match don't go his way :lol:

Take Beckham's d1ck out your mouth for a sec and suck on that one, you manc tw8t!

I was watching a replay of Rice's goal and Neville actually says:" Oh no!" as it smashes into the net. It amazes and disgusts me that bias is just allowed. I don't pay the subscription fee to hear some d1ck blatantly will the other team to win.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Until the end I felt we would win the game. Yes, we did play poorly, but Chelsea really didn't create many good chances and the penalty they were gifted and Neck Tattoo Guy's goal was a fluke. This and that Chelsea were allowed an awful amount of grappling and fouling all game long by the referee. We on the other hand didn't get ****. Saka almost had to blow the whistle himself to get anything. Just because he is strong and doesn't fall over he gets absolutely nothing. Feel he can be fouled as much as the opposition wants. He gets zero protection from the referees.

Regardless, thought we would nick it in the end. Unfortunately Eddie's shot went just wide. It wasn't that far away from being 3-2 to us. Just time to dust ourselves down and on to the next game.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Until the end I felt we would win the game. Yes, we did play poorly, but Chelsea really didn't create many good chances and the penalty they were gifted and Neck Tattoo Guy's goal was a fluke. This and that Chelsea were allowed an awful amount of grappling and fouling all game long by the referee. We on the other hand didn't get ****. Saka almost had to blow the whistle himself to get anything. Just because he is strong and doesn't fall over he gets absolutely nothing. Feel he can be fouled as much as the opposition wants. He gets zero protection from the referees.

Regardless, thought we would nick it in the end. Unfortunately Eddie's shot went just wide. It wasn't that far away from being 3-2 to us. Just time to dust ourselves down and on to the next game.
That ref didn’t add extra time on after Caicedo had a 5 min nap during the extra time period, in fact he stopped the game a few secs early I think? TBF it looked like we were in the ascendency so I completely get Caicedo trying to take the heat out of the game, dark arts and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury
Top Bottom