• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Chelsea 2 - 2 Arsenal | Saturday 21st October | KO: 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

3_new-pic.jpg

Prediction
Chelsea 0-2 Arsenal

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I don’t understand why Mikel doesn’t just start Zinchenko in midfield and play an actual left back. Especially as he’d be a perfect fit for the left 8 position. We’d instantly improve both in attack and defence.
Because he would still want the actual left back to invert into midfield. Not sure our actual LB, Tomi, would be a good enough passer on a consistent basis. Its what Arteta wants to do, unlikely to change.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Far from our best but a spirited fightback.
Chelsea are improving tbf so a draw away to them is an ok result.
Their goals were a pen & likely a flukey cross so it's not like they easily had the better of us in reality.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Far from our best but a spirited fightback.
Chelsea are improving tbf so a draw away to them is an ok result.
Their goals were a pen & likely a flukey cross so it's not like they easily had the better of us in reality.

They resorted to defend and counter attack tactics really.

But I will commend them on their central blocking efforts, and disruption of our build up through their central zones. They were able to force mistakes there and that was quite good.

I’ll take the point, the team will note the issues and we move forward.

ptrcopp

A point is very good given where we came from. Chelsea away is always difficult, they are better than the table suggests.

That being said, I haven't seen many teams having 70% possession and doing so little with it. Our front three were invisible and Ødegaard was ****ing poor. Has to be said, even though I love the guy.

Partey over Jorginho next time and a little more urgency. Still undefeated though! COYG
It’s always the urgency this season. Toward the end of the first half it got better because Zinny starting pushing it out quickly to Martinelli or Rice. We completely lost it in the second until Jorginho went off and Rice dropped deeper.

Partey is an excellent forward passer of the ball and we need him back asap. I don’t want to see Jorginho back in the team for a little while at least. Maybe he can play against Bournemouth

Arteta had a mare here. Tomi coming on disrupted our midfield and it meant him and Rice were trying to play in the same areas and do the same things. They must have had the same instructions. And it was obvious for ages that Havertz coming on would have allowed us to be more direct, which is where the second goal comes from.

It seemed to me Arteta tried a similar tactic as vs City, despite the fact it was going to be a completely different game. And he also failed to respond.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Because he would still want the actual left back to invert into midfield. Not sure our actual LB, Tomi, would be a good enough passer on a consistent basis. Its what Arteta wants to do, unlikely to change.
Tomi isn’t as good a passer as Zinchenko, but he’s still very good. More importantly though he knows how to defend 1 on 1 and won’t leave us woefully exposed to long diagonal balls. He’s being targeted on a consistent basis now. I’m pretty sure Mikel would’ve continued using Timber there if it wasn’t for his injury.

Stef-Wil

Big Arteta fan here but I feel he’s complicating things atm.

Raya felt like a shrewd signing but he’s a floor raiser, not a ceiling raiser. By that I mean, he’s better than Matt Turner but doesn’t appear to be better than Ramsdale (if he is, it’s marginal). I get that Teta is big on marginal gains, but if you’re going to drop a keeper who is mostly good, you ought to replace him with someone of a considerably higher level, someone who can handle the pressure.

Talking of higher levels, for all the money we’ve spent this summer, Rice so far appears to be the only ceiling raiser - someone who is considerably better than the player he’s replaced (you could argue Timber is, too). If we’re trying to close the gap on City, we should be signing players who raise our ceiling and bring us closer to their level, not ones who merely make our squad more competitive (raise the floor).

Rice is the best 6 in the squad, so we should play him in his best position and build around him. Simple. Instead, we’re playing him in a different role with who we thought was our 3rd choice DM ( Jorginho) starting as the DM against tough teams like City and Chelsea. I think Jorginho is one of the best 6s of the last decade and still has something to offer, but he shouldn’t be starting for us in 2023/24.

If Partey isn’t fit, or fit but not considered a better option than Jorginho as the starting 6, we should have sold him. Simple.

I’m disappointed we sold a consistent, durable, LCM in Xhaka and kept 3 unreliable defensive midfielders - Jorginho, Partey and Elneny.

On top of this, we’ve signed Havertz without a natural position for him in the starting 11. I think his profile could be very valuable in our squad, but the lack of certainty on his best position makes him somewhat unreliable atm.

i think back to City’s team last season, and for all their depth and Pep’s experimentation, it was clear who would start in the midfield when everyone was fit - KDB, Gundogan and Rodri. This level of certainty makes it easier to build a winning team. We don’t have it yet, and I put this on Arteta.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Pochettino is one of those people who has a fat face but isn't fat himself.

I've got a friend like that, not a bad thing btw; she's got the cutest round face but a non-chubby body.

Yeah like Florence Pugh is the same.

Pugh got some chunk though. When she's played roles where she's slimmed down proper she loses that face.

Fit either way though obviously

This f*cking place.

Fom extoling the virtues of well-placed substitutions to analyzing Florence Pugh's body fat distribution :lol:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Worst I’ve seen from us for a while. Sensed before kick off the heavy rain would be a leveller. Still, feels miles better than the away 2-2 draws at Liverpool/West Ham last season even though we were sensational early doors in both those matches.

mpower2540

I had to jet off somewhere right after the game. What’s the TLDR around here?

My take was that we were crap. And it wasn’t “just” the players. This season we’re all about passing backwards apparently. I’m sure the idea is we keep the ball safely but in practice all we do is invite pressure onto ourselves and increase the chances of someone making a mistake.

And it’s dreadful to watch. Absolutely dreadful. Makes me sick. If we wanted this kind of football in the hunt for trophies we should have just got Mourinho in ffs.

We know Arteta and the team can play good attacking football. Just stick with that ffs.

I’m sure lots here will be hyped about how we showed “mentality” and managed to get sth out of the game at the end. Not me. That was diabolical football. Again.

Running out of excuses.
Teams are blocking the middle against us now so it’s hard for us to play free flowing football when we’re having to play it through the eye of a needle. Zinchenko is still probably the best player for this but he’s way off it and of course teams target him defensively. The conditions also made the pitch very slow. The encouraging part of yesterday was we were able to change, go a bit longer and we were causing them trouble, just wish we’d done it earlier.

Didn’t think much of Chelsea btw either, organised but considering how flat we were they didn’t really create a great deal without our help. Torn between whether this was a point gained or two dropped

I still think left 8 is a huge problem, way more than ST. I know Ødegaard is the golden boy to many but I feel we desperately need another ball carrier/dribbler there, we don’t really have anyone who can do this to break a teams shape.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Jimmy "Fat-Arse" Hasselbaink was probably bouncing after the second went in...

83d6ae.jpg

...have that you absolute loser!

I absolutely loathe him!! Ruined back to back titles for us with THAT goal for Leeds in 1999.

But if I must be honest, I blame home draws against the likes of Charlton more. Still, f*ck off Hasselbaink!!

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Another treacherous Chelsea-supporting Somali tw*t!! It's comforting at least to know they exist outside my family & that my hell isn't an isolated one :lol:

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Our pressing was really piss poor. They managed to find an exit route each time we engaged a press. Felt like some of the players wanted to press and some didn’t.

Even when they did turn the ball over to us in the first 70 mins we did nothing with it. We have been completely workmanlike this season,
Teams are blocking the middle against us now so it’s hard for us to play free flowing football when we’re having to play it through the eye of a needle. Zinchenko is still probably the best player for this but he’s way off it and of course teams target him defensively. The conditions also made the pitch very slow. The encouraging part of yesterday was we were able to change, go a bit longer and we were causing them trouble, just wish we’d done it earlier.

Didn’t think much of Chelsea btw either, organised but considering how flat we were they didn’t really create a great deal without our help. Torn between whether this was a point gained or two dropped

I still think left 8 is a huge problem, way more than ST. I know Ødegaard is the golden boy to many but I feel we desperately need another ball carrier/dribbler there, we don’t really have anyone who can do this to break a teams shape.
Chelsea zipped the ball around a lot better than we did when they had it. We looked ponderous and kept misplacing the ball even with 67% possession in the first half.

Arteta looked pissed at the end. Even if the players should be commended for bringing it back to 2-2 we do have this soft underbelly. Teams will continue to target this

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom