• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Chelsea 2 - 2 Arsenal | Saturday 21st October | KO: 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

3_new-pic.jpg

Prediction
Chelsea 0-2 Arsenal

Malky

Established Member
Don’t get why people are complaining we had to come back from behind to rescue the game, yes it’s frustrating but we’re still unbeaten. Look how many games the invincibles took a point from when they shouldn’t.
To put it basically if this was Sp**s you’d all be wanking yourselves into a frenzy over Ange or if it was City yous would be saying they look unbeatable, taking points from games when they shouldn’t be.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

That ref didn’t add extra time on after Caicedo had a 5 min nap during the extra time period, in fact he stopped the game a few secs early I think? TBF it looked like we were in the ascendency so I completely get Caicedo trying to take the heat out of the game, dark arts and all that.
Think the extra time was 4 minutes at first and we played an extra 8 in total of extra time. Not sure how that compares to the Caicedo nap time... :lol:

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Don’t get why people are complaining we had to come back from behind to rescue the game, yes it’s frustrating but we’re still unbeaten. Look how many games the invincibles took a point from when they shouldn’t.
To put it basically if this was Sp**s you’d all be wanking yourselves into a frenzy over Ange or if it was City yous would be saying they look unbeatable, taking points from games when they shouldn’t be.
Yeah good post people think the invincibles played well every week.

No doubt It was a poor on the eye performance.

I don't think we have clicked yet this season.
For perspective Man City were far from 'clicking' at this stage last season yet went on to win the league.

I will also say teams are finding ways to make things harder for us tactically.
We now command a lot more respect than we did early on last season.
We saw how the City game panned out. It's small margins.

I certainly don't think we deserved to drop points in this one. Imho it was a pretty even game played in very poor conditions. A draw was probably the right result.

However don't forget the ref also denied us a blatant pen when their keeper cleaned out Jesus.

If you look at the stats we actually edged it on most metrics.Screenshot_20231022_134439_Ecosia.jpg

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Need to leave Rice at 6 and build around him. Personally i think the pen fvcked us mentally, even though we wernt great.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Still, when you're 2-0 down in the 76th minute, and you salvage a draw away from home, that has a certain resilience to it.

I don't think we'll win the league, but we'll be up there.
In context yes in the end it was a great point, but overall im slightly concerned. We were very sloppy yesterday, i havent seen that nearly 2 years. I hope he riles them up and get them going again.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

But it’s Chelsea who have been in terrible form and are 12th… yes, if this happened to city at the Etihad, it’d be a whole different situation. I get that you’re trying to make a point here, but… Yes there are different expectations vs different teams and rightly so. Man city is supposed to be our competition for the title, not Chelsea. If we played this same way against Spuds though, I think we’d see a similar or worse reaction. Agree that people would be happy with this vs City though because City is a way better team.

Also, people are “complaining” that we looked very poor and went 2 down vs Chelsea… I mean.. that makes sense too. Im
very glad we could salvage something from the game. It just doesn’t look good for our title challenge that we struggled in this game (and the draw vs wolves). People want to win a big trophy this year and the team will need to do much better than yesterday to achieve that. If yesterday was an off game, then fair enough, but we’ve had several similar games this season.

Of course I have hope for the title this year. I have a lot of faith in us. But not if we keep playing the same way.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

But it’s Chelsea who have been in terrible form and are 12th… yes, if this happened to city at the Etihad, it’d be a whole different situation. I get that you’re trying to make a point here, but… Yes there are different expectations vs different teams and rightly so. Man city is supposed to be our competition for the title, not Chelsea. If we played this same way against Spuds though, I think we’d see a similar or worse reaction. Agree that people would be happy with this vs City though because City is a way better team.

Also, people are “complaining” that we looked very poor and went 2 down vs Chelsea… I mean.. that makes sense too. Im
very glad we could salvage something from the game. It just doesn’t look good for our title challenge that we struggled in this game (and the draw vs wolves). People want to win a big trophy this year and the team will need to do much better than yesterday to achieve that. If yesterday was an off game, then fair enough, but we’ve had several similar games this season.

Of course I have hope for the title this year. I have a lot of faith in us. But not if we keep playing the same way.

Wait, we drew versus Wolves?!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Bumketiah is trying to get sent off every game tbf, refs aren’t showing red probably because it’s him & we might play better with ten men
He really likes reckless tackles that lad. But so far the referees seem to ignore it. One of our few, if only player, that is allowed that.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Couldn't agree more! We are joint top of the league and here it seems like we got crushed by a much better Chelsea team, which is about as far from the truth as one can get. We should have won yesterday but didn't. Not great but not terrible...

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don’t remember city riding their luck like we did yesterday. Even when they are poor they look better than we did yesterday. That was pure luck, not some freaking mental strength sign

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Think the extra time was 4 minutes at first and we played an extra 8 in total of extra time. Not sure how that compares to the Caicedo nap time... :lol:
Nah I think you’re mixing with another game there was 7 mins min time added on at the end. Caicedo and a few other Chelsea players were on a tea break wasting time for most of it. Like I say, good tactics tbf as the pendulum had swung our way. The ref added a few measly seconds more after the allotted 7.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Big Arteta fan here but I feel he’s complicating things atm.

Raya felt like a shrewd signing but he’s a floor raiser, not a ceiling raiser. By that I mean, he’s better than Matt Turner but doesn’t appear to be better than Ramsdale (if he is, it’s marginal). I get that Teta is big on marginal gains, but if you’re going to drop a keeper who is mostly good, you ought to replace him with someone of a considerably higher level, someone who can handle the pressure.

Talking of higher levels, for all the money we’ve spent this summer, Rice so far appears to be the only ceiling raiser - someone who is considerably better than the player he’s replaced (you could argue Timber is, too). If we’re trying to close the gap on City, we should be signing players who raise our ceiling and bring us closer to their level, not ones who merely make our squad more competitive (raise the floor).

Rice is the best 6 in the squad, so we should play him in his best position and build around him. Simple. Instead, we’re playing him in a different role with who we thought was our 3rd choice DM ( Jorginho) starting as the DM against tough teams like City and Chelsea. I think Jorginho is one of the best 6s of the last decade and still has something to offer, but he shouldn’t be starting for us in 2023/24.

If Partey isn’t fit, or fit but not considered a better option than Jorginho as the starting 6, we should have sold him. Simple.

I’m disappointed we sold a consistent, durable, LCM in Xhaka and kept 3 unreliable defensive midfielders - Jorginho, Partey and Elneny.

On top of this, we’ve signed Havertz without a natural position for him in the starting 11. I think his profile could be very valuable in our squad, but the lack of certainty on his best position makes him somewhat unreliable atm.

i think back to City’s team last season, and for all their depth and Pep’s experimentation, it was clear who would start in the midfield when everyone was fit - KDB, Gundogan and Rodri. This level of certainty makes it easier to build a winning team. We don’t have it yet, and I put this on Arteta.
I really want to underscore this point. Jorginho cannot be allowed to play alone as a defensive shield in midfield. He’s too slow, easily shut down and doesn’t have the mobility to cover spaces left by our fullbacks when we press high.

MA08

Watching the game again, after the first goal for the rest of first half we had so many mini openings we squandered by being too hurried in the attacking third(lacking composure). The main culprits were Ode and Jesus. They simply were not composed enough in the final third. We should have tested the keeper better from these situations. If it was not for the penalty it would have looked an even half.

blrgooner

Established Member
I don’t remember city riding their luck like we did yesterday. Even when they are poor they look better than we did yesterday. That was pure luck, not some freaking mental strength sign
The performance was really poor for sure. But I don`t see the "luck" element here Where did we ride our luck? If anything Chelsea rode their luck with a dodgy penalty call, getting away with another penalty should( Sanchez) and a freak goal.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Pochettino has said Enzo and Caicedo were not fully fit but he knew the fans and owners wouldn't be happy if he didn't play them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom