• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sheffield Utd Vs Arsenal F.C. | Wed,Oct 31st, 7.45pm | B. L.

scruzgooner

nice, simple win. very little pressure, great to see our future out there...certainly better than a midtable team, if we only fielded the second team, probably a place in europe...that's amazing.

sesquioxide

scruzgooner said:
nice, simple win. very little pressure, great to see our future out there...certainly better than a midtable team, if we only fielded the second team, probably a place in europe...that's amazing.

I honestly think that our first team might not find it that easy to beat the second team.

nidza7

Established Member
congrats to chelscum for beating Leicester with strong line up in injury time at bridge.AVram even get Essien in 80th min.

Super_Goon

1970*Gooner said:
Gunners_Nadz said:
Diaby off wide.
Diaby has been off all night.

He doesn't seem to realise that as a left midfielder, whether its his favourite position or not, he needs to be predominantly on the left side of the pitch. Really annoying. His general game was not good anyhow, lost the ball too much.

Lovely couple of finishes from Dudu. He looks about the most natural finisher in the squad by a long way, keeps the ball as well.

I was happy with Gilberto, steady as ever. I feel he will be back in the team eventually.

Just a shame it took Wenger so long to bring on the young young players :? I thought we could have seen a good half hour - twenty minutes from the boys he brought on. Never mind.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Well were through to the next round

Any team would fear coming to us and even more so, us coming to them, who wants to get beaten by a bunch of young gunners lol

May the draw on saturday commence, bet the Sp**s fans will pray to their gods not to get us in this journey

RC8

Established Member
Eduardo's goals were terrific. Very well taken. The first one was spectacular, and the 2nd one was a great clinical finish.

Walcott was very unlucky to hit the post, but it evens out with the deflection in Denilson's goal.

Very pleased with our performance.

stuart

Established Member
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:

Any team would fear coming to us and even more so, us coming to them, who wants to get beaten by a bunch of young gunners lol

May the draw on saturday commence, bet the Sp**s fans will pray to their gods not to get us in this journey

i really dont wanna play them
every time we play them, theres a chance they will beat us and beleive me, that will be a sad day! first game against us with a new manager and all that bollocks...argh, i couldnt cope!

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
stuart said:
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:

i really dont wanna play them
every time we play them, theres a chance they will beat us and beleive me, that will be a sad day! first game against us with a new manager and all that bollocks...argh, i couldnt cope!

Why you scared for stu!! Approach them with aggression as they tremble in their boots when were facing them, haha come on

Theyre going to beat us at some point, hopefully not this decade now that will be something else to brag about

Seriously they are scared of Arsenal so chill out man, derby matches are equal no matter what but when we play them were alwasy favourites

Invincible

Established Member
Eduardo's not only a poacher, but also has a mean strike on him too. He's like Reyes plus the goalscoring capabilities.

Super_Goon

I feel the same as you Stu. If we only play them twice this season ill be very happy. I'm not looking forward to the league game in Dec either though.

True Gooner

Established Member
Invincible said:
Eduardo's not only a poacher, but also has a mean strike on him too. He's like Reyes plus the goalscoring capabilities.
Hes Reyes with a few balls
Great strike for the first goal and a neat finish for the second. He clearly knows how to score and has a footballing brain and ability to succeed. Only time will tell if he can adapt enough to the league. I feel that he will settle. Its a question of when rather than if.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

The amount of hunger within the squad is amazing...I always underestimate it but reminded whenever a carling cup match comes up.

tam1886

Established Member
I thought it was an easy game played at a slower pace than I expected. I thought Utd would have tried a bit harder. Not complaining though, a 3-0 win without breaking a sweat is fine by me.

Stand outs were Gilberto, Diarra, Bendtner and my MOTM, Denilson. He controlled everything the way Fabregas would. Everyone had a very assured game but I didn't think they looked like they wanted to take it up a gear and go for more goals. It seemed to me like they were happy passing it about and waiting rather than going all out for glory. Not that it bothers me. I'm really hoping to see more of Gibbs in the CC run. He impressed me, and to be honest, he did pretty much play like a winger because of their lack of attack and Diaby's movement in field.

Eduardo looked good. He wasn't in the game as much in the second half as the first, but when he gets the ball he looks cool, calm and composed, which all summed up his goals. He scored two against united. I'll take that sentence again come Saturday.

IBL

Established Member
Very solid and smooth performance by the lads. I was lucky enough to enjoy the whole 90 minutes, we were in complete control from the off and played some wonderful stuff at times.

Fabianski looked decent but had a few dodgy moment. Song is very suited as a CB; big, ugly bloke with a cushioned head to protect himself from any cranial injuries and really hussles the opposition attackers. Diarra is a monster at RB, very quick on the ground and skilful. Hoyte and Kieran were decent enough in unfamiliar positions.

Denilson was superb, looks even better than last season already, brilliant composure and control of the ball with great vision and passing. Gilberto was good, Diaby looked good in patches but needs to keep it simple sometimes. Walcott continues his fine form using his pae to good effect, unlucky not to score.

Bendner continues to impress, big target man and technically adept. Also he has a very good footballing brain on him, possibly already better than Ade's. Eduardo's that no-nonsense striker we've been looking for, his finishing is so sweet and unfussy...tunderous first goal.

All in all a job well done, Sheff Utd didnt even get the chance to bully us, if anything we were weighing in with some hefty challenges.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom