• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL R16 1st Leg | Bayern v Arsenal | February 15 19:45 GMT | BT Sport 2

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I really can't see us gaining anything with a team that includes El Nenny, Gabriel and Coquelin. I'd be surprised if any of those lot made their reserves
It's not like they're supposed to be our first-team players tbf, that's a result of injuries and Xhaka's red cards.

Preacher

Always Crying
According to the Telegraph, Arsène Wenger is considering dropping Özil for Wednesday's game against Bayern Munich.

Because of his recent form he deserves to be dropped, but I don't believe, that it'll happen.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka and Welbeck should be starting this one but we'll get Elneny and Giroud.

Malky

Established Member
Any 11 that won't leave us humiliated. Big decision from Wenger on Özil; should he be benched for this, he has hardly been on his game the past few weeks and our midfield will need to put in a serious defensive shift, Özil will be a passenger for most of it. Then again, all it takes is one brilliant pass from him to Alexis and everything changes... :confused:

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Sadly I think Wenger will continue with Coquelin. His intention will be to defend as Bayern midfield superiority needs a lot of dirty work. Chamberlain and Elneny are not someones you may trust into tackling or interceptions.

It will probably be Coquelin/Xhaka, but then Xhaka hasn't played for 3 weeks and he is probably rusty.

Ideally our formation should be

Ospina
Bellerin - Mustafi - Koscielny - Monreal
Coquelin - Xhaka
Ox - Özil - Welbeck (Iwobi)
Sanchez

Chamberlain to provide extra man in midfield when defending, but also provide an outlet for having a runner when in counter attacks.

However our lineup, my only hope is that we play with a plan and don't waste any minimum chances that we get.

I would say it's 80% certain we'll lose, let's just hope we don't get embarrassed and still have something in it to play on second leg

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You seem well informed, are you visiting their great great great grand-daughters! :lol:
Sadly, I don't think any of them had the chance to conceive before Jack visited. I'll have to find out. They definitely wouldn't after. I would visit one given the chance. How novel would that be? I'd probably jizz on entering the premises.

coolaa

It is not going to happen, but it is the strongest lineup that I think we have for those r fit for this game:

Cech
Bellerin holding kos Monreal
Ox Xhaka
Perez Sanchez welbeck
Giroud

Wenger just have no guts to play youngster like holding, but indeed is much better than muatafi and Gabriel

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Much rather just move Özil wide than drop him. Taking out our #1 passer would be suicidal with the central midfield options.

If Alexis is central Özil is probably our best wide option although not saying much. Hector needs an Özil or Iwobi to work with & likewise give Monreal some pace & protection with Welbeck.

Mike Vinna

Bayern would have a field day if Özil played on the flank.

Ospina

Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal

Coquelin Xhaka

OX Özil Welbz

Sanchez

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
This game represents the last chance for salvation for Arsène & his team. A battering & the final nail will be in his coffin I reckon.

Giroud

Established Member
Özil up front as a false 9 with Sanchez and Walcott either side. Allows us to shore up the midfield and keep him in the centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom