• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

W.B.A. vs Arsenal | EPL | 03/03/09 | 19:45 | ATVO

qs

Established Member
I think we'll go with this

--------------- Almunia ----------------

Sagna ---- Toure ---- Djourou --- Clichy

Arshavin ---- Diaby --- Denilson -- Nasri

---------- RVP -------- Bendtner --------

Though the formation may be the 4-2-3-1 with RVP as the 1. Theres a slim chance of resting Arshavin. Don't think Denilson will get a rest though. Wenger will prioritise this game.

If Arshavin doesn't start it'll be a massive indication of how much importance Wenger is putting on the FA cup this year. Though if he's to be rested I'm sure it'll be Sunday rather than tonight.

atmosphere

You know if this is another 0-0 draw it will be the first time a top flight team has drawn five consecutive games without scoring.

We could be record breakers!

qs

Established Member
atmosphere said:
You know if this is another 0-0 draw it will be the first time a top flight team has drawn five consecutive games without scoring.

We could be record breakers!

The Incapables.

stuart

Established Member
Is match of the day on tonight? I've got a feeling that for the first time in quite a while i'll feel like watching the Arsenal highlights...

We're going to hand some team a lesson some of these days. Hopefully it's tonight.

TomasCR

Established Member
Do we actually realize how important this game is? If we don´t bounce back from a team that lies at the bottom of the table, God hepls us.

Come on you Gunners!

TomasCR

Established Member
Bendtner and Denilson are in today´s key battles. And It means this:

Almunia, Sagna, Djourou, Toure, Clichy, Arshavin, Denilson, Diaby, Nasri, RvP and Bendtner. Good luck to the lads.

Unforgiven

Established Member
Wenger has probably yelled the **** into these players. I am sure him and Pat have given them a real reality check. He will tell them to go all out for this game.

Cmon gunners.

Illusion

Established Member
Today Wenger said Man Utd don't control games as well as us, so it remains debatable whether he's laid into the players at all.

Lukazan

Established Member
hesham said:
Id rather have him come on for the 2nd half, than run out of steam after 50min

Not me. I'd rather he plays from the start then goes off if need be.

Our best chance of scoring a goal will be with Arshavin on the pitch, and I think if we can get an early goal we might be able to score a couple more to win the match early. However, the longer we go without a goal the more difficult it'll be and the more confidence West Brom will gain.

qs

Established Member
Lukazan said:
hesham said:
Id rather have him come on for the 2nd half, than run out of steam after 50min

Our best chance of scoring a goal will be with Arshavin on the pitch, and I think if we can get an early goal we might be able to score a couple more to win the match early. However, the longer we go without a goal the more difficult it'll be and the more confidence West Brom will gain.

My thinking too. Plus if we got an early goal it might cause WBA heads to drop a bit and we might grab a few more then. A big win could really turn things around for us. I think a big wins unlikely mind you but I'd still rather see us go for it from the off. Not too mention how our heads dropped near the end of the Fulham game. Confidence is at an all time low, last think I want is us chasing a win with 20 minutes to go. At that stage Arshavin could be playing on his own if the Fulham game is anything to go by.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
qs said:
Lukazan said:

My thinking too. Plus if we got an early goal it might cause WBA heads to drop a bit and we might grab a few more then.
dont quite know if i buy this... we've gotten first goals in the past and instead of killing teams off, we let them back in...

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Soaken pitch tonight?

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2102?&search=west%20bromwich&pageSize=10&region=world&area=West%20Bromwich" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/ ... 20Bromwich</a>

Must must-win match. Any win please.

qs

Established Member
clockwork orange said:
Soaken pitch tonight?

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2102?&search=west%20bromwich&pageSize=10&region=world&area=West%20Bromwich" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/ ... 20Bromwich</a>

Must must-win match. Any win please.

Away game in the wet and cold. We always do well in those situations. 7-0 to the Arsenal

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I don't think Arshavin could have recover in time to start this match, given he totally ran out of steam in the fulham one.

Oh soaked pitch. Dangerous

Illusion

Established Member
For Wenger's next trick he will say something like "we have been excellent at keeping clean sheets lately, both ends of the pitch have yet to see a goal for four matches!"

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom