• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: Arsenal 3 - 3 Southampton | Friday, April 21 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

20:00 kick off, so no sunlight in this for Casper to go missing as every dog in the PL will be watching this game closely on a Friday night after a long week at work:

Epar-x8XcAAn4HN

Form:

C8909C96-2BBB-4E86-80C7-E4EBFB2C58C4.jpeg

If Saliba isn’t fit then I’d start with this:

Trossard
Martinelli Ødegaard Jesus
Zinchenko Jorginho
Tierney Gabriel White Partey
Ramsdale
Partey can invert during the game next to Jorginho with Tierney playing in a 3 at the back similar to what Pep is doing. We’ll have more bodies in the middle of the pitch and dominate the game imo which we’ve been lacking in recent games.

This is our best time to try something different and be creative before we go to the Etihad.

Arsenal 4-0 Southampton

Let’s FOGGIN DO THIS!!!!!!

Last edited:

Let's play Aubamawang

That was a sweetly struck shot by Nelson btw. He was unlucky that the GK saved that, but fortunately it fell to Saka. If Arteta has any sense he will give Nelson a go instead of Vieira. Playing centrally might just unlock his true potential as he is a good presser and also press-resistant.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Last 3 League games, 3 draws. Was happy with the point at Anfield, at West Ham, bit disappointed, but thought these two draws might help out in the long run.
Always the danger of playing Teams around the bottom of the league at this stage of the season, (Home or Away) they start to produce results. Walcott was destined to score.
Don't get me wrong, we did well to come back after being 3 - 1 down. Just feel that could be one draw too many.
Needed the Win last night. Hope I am wrong, last night's draw could be the end of our Title bid.
If we win at Manchester City, that would change the mindset.

Premier League England GIF by MolaTV

Hope we can keep the Etihad quiet next week. Score two early goals, look comfortable, turn Etihad into the Emptyhad. Hopefully, we are not 2 - 0 up, then draw 2 - 2.

ptrcopp

Think this showed some strange decisions again from Arteta… different strange decisions.

He has clearly learnt that we need to keep Ode on all the time. He is probably the one who can do something as an individual, maybe Saka, but Ode has many moments like the goal he scored. He also drags the team forward with his attitude.

Why he started Vieira is beyond me. ESR must be wondering what he needs to do to get game time. The decision to put Martinelli at LB was very strange: we were unbalanced all over the pitch. However, he corrected this and when Gabriel went there and Partey CB we took control again.

There were also decisions from Zinny and Jesus that were not good. The 3rd goal is partly on Zinny for not staying with his man. Jesus dropped deep again too much earlier in the game but when he played as a striker, backing into his man, running at the defence, we looked a different team. Those are the qualities from Nketiah and especially Trossard that saw the amazing run we went on. Every goal was an individual error yesterday which was frustrating to watch

I suppose it still is in our hands… we need to beat City for it to be.

Tom Mix

:lol:

I just want us to go there and play with the shackles off. No fear, time wasting or jitters. Need the team to just play like we were in the first half of the season.

Is that too much to ask? 🤷‍♂️
Yes, If we play with the shackles off we'll get thrashed. The defence is not strong or confident enought at the moment to give us that freedom. We need to pack the midfield, play it cose o the defence and hit them on the break where we have speed.

Like when we beat them in the FA cup semi.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Will always think Liverpool away was a good performance/result, tbh...we played well first half and they played well second half, plus they are still scary at their ground (you can get at them now without that Anfield factor though) as they have only lost one game at home and have even beaten City...good point that.

Absolutely bottled the last two game though sadly, from coaches to players...the lack of composure we have shown in the attacking and defensive thirds in those matches have been shocking.

Still.gutted this morning, smh.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
At least now we know who on this forum should be trusted.

In the summer, i told you about Ramsdale, Vieira, Tierney. Even Gabriel and his bozo moments.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

SomGooner

Prolific Liker

Just like benge saying his players not enjoying the pressure they struggling mentally even tho they doing all they can but nowhere near of first half of season the 2nd half of season the mistakes did grow not being discipline defensively too

Even he’s not enjoying it as his team selection and substitutions will testify.

He needs to calm the f*ck down and stop tinkering with the team selection and play our strongest team.

What was the point of starting Vieira? Why not give Nelson more minutes when both their FBs were on yellow and tell him to run at them at every chance?

He’s bottling this just as much as the team.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Im still sad and frustrated our team trying hard to beat themselves and waste opportunity. We scored 7 goals last 3 games including 2 at Anfield yet all we took is 3 points from 9

Arteta said yesterday the players are not focusing about the game but the occasion really desperately need him to fix them up mentally because clearly all the players want to do something special but they easily forgetting how to do the basics stuff in pitch if this wont be fix it'll cost us for remaining 6 games

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Even he’s not enjoying it as his team selection and substitutions will testify.

He needs to calm the f*ck down and stop tinkering with the team selection and play our strongest team.

What was the point of starting Vieira? Why not give Nelson more minutes when both their FBs were on yellow and tell him to run at them at every chance?

He’s bottling this just as much as the team.
I really dont think he bottling his players just not doing the basics nobody told partey do flick the ball above rice head or he told Ramsdale to pass it straight to Southampton player.

I don't think the drop of results is about his tactics its all about the team not doing simple things its his job and coaching staff job to get them back mentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom