• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Arsenal 2 - 2 Fulham | Saturday 26th August | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal-vs-Fulham.jpg

Screenshot-20230822-202059.png

Screenshot-20230822-202113.png

Screenshot-20230822-202126.png

Screenshot-20230822-202148.png

cba8ad28-d4f2-41e7-af3e-3b1084666042.png

Prediction

Arsenal 3-0 Fulham

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
This season

Last season

Yeah, exactly.

The outcome is not what we want, we all know that and are not happy.

But in terms of controlling the game, we have shown that in all our games so far this season. What is missing is the cohesion and incisiveness from last season, but that will come.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Yeah, exactly.

But in terms of controlling the game, we have shown that in all our games so far this season. What is missing is the cohesion and incisiveness from last season, but that will come.
It is frustrating that we keep giving away such cheap goals. The first goal was absolute rubbish to concede. The second from the corner was also pretty poor.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Because we'll face manutd who our players will be aware is good team expect them make zero errors and dominate game.

All these mistakes happened against lesser quality teams that what make me think our players even tho they young and good players but they not 100% focused in these home games they likely underrate teams like Fulham.

Yeah, exactly.

I feel like we got some very good attacks in the first half. Many half chances you want players like Martinelli to test the keeper a bit more than just shooting straight at him.

The system might be at fault. We might have struggled mentally after the sucker punch in the first minute. But I don't think it was armageddon performance. Lot of things to work on for sure and the result is frustrating but its how we respond now that matters!

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This result royally sucked. We should have battered this lot. Yet, we shoot ourselves in the foot again and again.

The individual errors are not on the manager, but isn't it time to return to a steady back four? A back four that performed well for us last season....

Extremely frustrating to throw away two points like that. If you have designs on the league, you have to win these games. Otherwise, you'll be "focusing on the cups"....

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We don’t have a LB who’s actually a LB anymore..

Also I thought Partey was really good in midfield and pretty solid defensively. You can’t really blame him for being out of position in transition because that’s Mikel’s fault.

I’d really love to see this against Manure:

Ramsdale

White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko

Partey

Saka Ødegaard Rice Martinelli

Nketiah​

Mikel forcing Havertz (and all the changes that comes with it) into midfield in this proper team, like...

tight-fit.gif

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Now we have to lick our wounds for another 8 days. And then if we don't beat the Mancs, another 14 days to marinate.

Riou

For anyone that was lucky enough to miss this game and wants to watch it to see how we did...

3d76b146-c502-46df-a74a-71dbaed10bd1_text.gif

...there, saved you 100 minutes to do something more enjoyable with your life 👍

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
On one hand you want us to lower our standards while on the other hand you want to praise Mick for raising them.
Nah after 3 games I've seen enough. The passion of last season isn't there anymore. I would be patient in general but when I see these players don't care you know it's done.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah, exactly.

I struggle to get much from this. All 3 opponents were very happy to let us have the ball and hit us on the break.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Nah after 3 games I've seen enough. The passion of last season isn't there anymore. I would be patient in general but when I see these players don't care you know it's done.
Did you see the training video before the game? Looked like they all came straight from a funeral.

• Goal
Reactions: Xln

Melquiades

You can't just diminish the penalty as a whole though. It was a correct call from referee and the chance still has to be scored.

Yeah that wasn’t a 50/50 call or a handball on the edge of the box or something. Vieira was around Tete in a great position and got sawed down. Tete didn’t even argue.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Mikel forcing Havertz (and all the changes that comes with it) into midfield in this proper team, like...

tight-fit.gif
It has absolutely nothing to do with Havertz outside of the chances he personally has missed. If we had performed anywhere near our XG and not made any ridiculous and easily preventable errors we would be near the top of the table with 3 clean sheets. He's just a convenient scapegoat because people don't like him or the fee. The reality is that the points dropped and stupid goals conceded were all conceded in a manner that we saw plenty of in the last 11 matches of last season when Havertz was at Chelsea. He has not added anything new in terms of a negative impact that we didn't see on display before he arrived.

Riou

It has absolutely nothing to do with Havertz outside of the chances he personally has missed. If we had performed anywhere near our XG and not made any ridiculous and easily preventable errors we would be near the top of the table with 3 clean sheets. He's just a convenient scapegoat because people don't like him or the fee. The reality is that the points dropped and stupid goals conceded were all conceded in a manner that we saw plenty of in the last 11 matches of last season when Havertz was at Chelsea. He has not added anything new in terms of a negative impact that we didn't see on display before he arrived.

Definitely not all him as you say.

But what we have to do to get him into midfield alongside Ødegaard while also (trying at least) to maintain shape, has really ****ed us...kinda more Arteta's fault that Kai's, in that sense.

If we had to sell Xhaka in the summer, we should have replaced him with more of a proven 8 in midfield.

Melquiades

Has anyone seen a conclusive angle of the Leno handball thing, by the way?

On the video we got here in Canada the commentator initially seemed sure he was outside the penalty area (and it certainly looked that way to me) but play carried on a long time after and we never saw a replay, and the VAR check was really quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom