• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Arsenal 2 - 2 Fulham | Saturday 26th August | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal-vs-Fulham.jpg

Screenshot-20230822-202059.png

Screenshot-20230822-202113.png

Screenshot-20230822-202126.png

Screenshot-20230822-202148.png

cba8ad28-d4f2-41e7-af3e-3b1084666042.png

Prediction

Arsenal 3-0 Fulham

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
One of Gabriel’s pubic hairs is worth more than 4 years of Arteta’s project.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Yup despite all the weird personnel decisions and mistakes at the back, if we just had better finishing we would have won comfortably.

Its good perspective for moving forward but also makes it that much more frustrating right now.
I am a little worried that poor finishing could become a common theme for the season though.

Farzad Stoned

Yup despite all the weird personnel decisions and mistakes at the back, if we just had better finishing we would have won comfortably.

Its good perspective for moving forward but also makes it that much more frustrating right now.
If only every chance fell to a clinical Haaland type goal scorer Mik would look like a genius. Dumbest manager in world football and you guys love him. Partey RWB lol. Lol of Fing laughs

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
You may be right, we did go through I think the longest period in the league before giving up our first setpiece goal but then the floodgates opened. I don't understand Areta's reasoning for it. He's doing kind of what I thought he would do but in a way that doesn't make sense to me and I can't see how it works out in the long run. The CB partnership should never change when it works as well as theirs does.

What's odd is that for most of last season we seemed to have shaken off the tendency to stop playing and we were putting teams to the sword. It all went downhill when Saliba got hurt and the mentality seems to have unfortunately carried over. You simply can't win the biggest prizes like that. You've got to be able to end games and use the dying minutes to rotate and keep everyone ready to contribute. We'll never do that if we keep putting the brakes on a goal up.

The floodgates opened when Saliba went out injured.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
So upset Eddie didn't start. I like Trossard, but when your striker is in form, you play him. Trossard hasn't started all season so should have come off the bench and been eased in.

HighburyHigh

This is where we needed a 25/30 goal a season out and out striker. Chances wasted yesterday, but with someone like Kane's level he would have bagged an hattrick.
Because we haven't got a decent proper striker, chances are gonna go to waste as per normal and we then get punished up the other end.

mpower2540

I don’t know if it’s a lack of balls. It seems like a deliberate strategy. We took Ødegaard off, brought Jorginho on and set ourselves in a defensive low block with the aim of keeping the ball and run down the clock.

I ****ing hate it.
Think you're right. We've been doing it as far back as Arteta's first season. Remember against Olympiakos how much we toiled and finally got the goal. Only to start messing about in our own half, concede a set piece then concede the killer goal from the second phase of that set piece. It's been happening too often throughout his tenure here to just put it down to a psychological barrier.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Seems about right; i thought we played well its just concentration and error related. So many early goals against at home, generally from our own errors. This is concentration related and being so focused on applying pressure to the opposition that we become reckless and forget the opposition can hurt us also.
And as good as Zinchenko is on the ball and how much better we look as a team, individually, he costs us a lot of goals. Contributed to the late equaliser again today; its really difficult to know what to do. I think we have to play him but there is a more than 50% chance he is going to cost you a goal every game.
Just do the basic right even when leading Zinchenko yesterday wanted to play between the midfield pass and wasn't needed just pass it back and have more control.

Even tho it resulted to corner it wasn't mainly his fault we didn't defend the corner everyone was stand ball watching.

These things are basic stuff and we have to relearn that again. We too comfortable at home and this big issue

Tom Mix

I suppose you didn't watch?
Because if you did, you would have seen us wasting countless chances and gifting them the two goals they scored.

Had we been a little bit more clinical and didn't pretty much help them to score it would've been a much different scoreline.
I was in my usual seat Block 92 but I must admit at times I closed my eyes in despair. What about you? Live stream or big screen tv?

All goals count "gifted" too. If Fulham had been clinical we'd have lost the game in the first half.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@A_G did you see Lee's interview on AFTV on this game?

I thought he was gonna headbutt Robbie "I am only playing devil's advocate here" Lyle at one point 😅

Reactions: A_G

Gn1212

I was in my usual seat Block 92 but I must admit at times I closed my eyes in despair. What about you? Live stream or big screen tv?

All goals count "gifted" too. If Fulham had been clinical we'd have lost the game in the first half.
Lost the game in the first half?

Brother, pass me whatever you're smoking...

bastun

Player:Saka
We are the most reactionary fanbase in the world. Lose or draw a game - we are getting relegated. Win a game - we are winning the treble. We were far the better side and should have scored 3 or 4 goals at least. The individual mistakes and poor corner defending once again cost us unfortunatelly. This is the only negative I can take from the game as well as the Havertz cameo. Fabio is knocking on the door. He was amazing when he came on.

Farzad Stoned

Neither goal woukd of happened with Gabriel in there. The game tying goal was a near post corner ball Gabby eats up. The Saka back pass was a brain fart from a player used to having a CB in that spot when he passes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom