• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Arsenal 2 - 2 Fulham | Saturday 26th August | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal-vs-Fulham.jpg

Screenshot-20230822-202059.png

Screenshot-20230822-202113.png

Screenshot-20230822-202126.png

Screenshot-20230822-202148.png

cba8ad28-d4f2-41e7-af3e-3b1084666042.png

Prediction

Arsenal 3-0 Fulham

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Team selection may be Artetas undoing this season, last season the team pretty much picked itself.
It sort of was last season in that he wouldn't make certain changes unless desperate. This time round I don't see the connection from what we did in pre season to now unless I'm forgetting.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I prefer centre backs who dominate their own box، I don’t think we conceded a goal last season from a set piece with both saliba and Gabriel on the pitch tbf you might want to check that

..Crazy to break up such good partnership Crazy to break up the white/saka partnership and Ødegaard’s game is also suffering without Partey to feed him between the lines، however Rice had a very accomplished game.

Agree we can't close a game even if we score on 89 minutes the team always looks like it will concede. How do you win a title like that?
You may be right, we did go through I think the longest period in the league before giving up our first setpiece goal but then the floodgates opened. I don't understand Areta's reasoning for it. He's doing kind of what I thought he would do but in a way that doesn't make sense to me and I can't see how it works out in the long run. The CB partnership should never change when it works as well as theirs does.

What's odd is that for most of last season we seemed to have shaken off the tendency to stop playing and we were putting teams to the sword. It all went downhill when Saliba got hurt and the mentality seems to have unfortunately carried over. You simply can't win the biggest prizes like that. You've got to be able to end games and use the dying minutes to rotate and keep everyone ready to contribute. We'll never do that if we keep putting the brakes on a goal up.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
From a tactical POV, Fulham did very well. They shifted to our right-hand side, and interrupted our build-up and passing lanes. Obviously, there was confusion on when Partey should stay wide or inverted which didn't help things. I think Martinelli should have done a lot better though. He was often the free man and failed to create anything. Also, that German guy is making worse than Xhaka on the ball. Shocking signing.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
3 goals conceded in first minute of the game in last 9 home games. That's an insane statistic and an inquest needs to happen by the coaching staff on this.
You know when did the club start doing the “NLD Forever” song? Maybe it’s having the opposite effect of YNWA, it’s a pretty soft song tbf, and it’s destabilizing us not the opposition.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

What’s frustrating is that we concede ****ty cheap goals yet struggle so much to score our own goals.

It’s actually ridiculous that we make the situation 10x harder for ourselves trying to justify spending £65 mill on what looks to be a dud. Second half after Havertz came off was when we played our best football. Incisive and with a threat
Havertz has been poor since joining us to be fair. Hope he doesn't end up being a dud like you write. What gets to me watching him play is that he seems to want to do everything at 80% speed. Especially his passes could be a lot quicker. His confidence seems shot. But playing him week in and week out will not help improve it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So who turn to be to gift manutd early goal next week?

The teams even kind of manutd will sense this and put us in big pressure first 5 minutes its not joke it kinda becoming tactics against us at home and you know what i hope teams keep doing until we actually make it stop

Gn1212

The overreaction over this game is ridiculous. Most of our players were **** today we didn't play at our very best and we still should have won this by 4-5 goals really.

Our depth is actually ridiculous even when you consider we're down to 6 defenders now.

We're gonna do much better this season. We were far worse against Fulham last season at home. Lucked out a win really.

If we have our shooting boots next week Man Utd will get pummeled.

Tom Mix

The overreaction over this game is ridiculous. Most of our players were **** today we didn't play at our very best and we still should have won this by 4-5 goals really.

Our depth is actually ridiculous even when you consider we're down to 6 defenders now.

We're gonna do much better this season. We were far worse against Fulham last season at home. Lucked out a win really.

If we have our shooting boots next week Man Utd will get pummeled.
Yeah we were superb today, have spent all evening in ecstasies and raptures at how we pummeled Fulham today, we thrashed them 2-2. But, hey, there's always next week's pummeling to look forward to. Always next week There, in the future... you can almost touch it, it's so close.

Gooner_girl14

When Saka misplaced that pass in the first minute and the rain pouring down, I had a bad feeling about the game. We played poorly, made too many mistakes and weren't clinical with our chances. Credit to Fulham for staying compact and keeping their shape but we handed them this result.
Feel we need to go back to our formation from last season v United, who are not in good form either.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳

Still fuming be serious arsenal ffs.
Seems about right; i thought we played well its just concentration and error related. So many early goals against at home, generally from our own errors. This is concentration related and being so focused on applying pressure to the opposition that we become reckless and forget the opposition can hurt us also.
And as good as Zinchenko is on the ball and how much better we look as a team, individually, he costs us a lot of goals. Contributed to the late equaliser again today; its really difficult to know what to do. I think we have to play him but there is a more than 50% chance he is going to cost you a goal every game.

Gn1212

Yeah we were superb today, have spent all evening in ecstasies and raptures at how we pummeled Fulham today, we thrashed them 2-2. But, hey, there's always next week's pummeling to look forward to. Always next week There, in the future... you can almost touch it, it's so close.
I suppose you didn't watch?
Because if you did, you would have seen us wasting countless chances and gifting them the two goals they scored.

Had we been a little bit more clinical and didn't pretty much help them to score it would've been a much different scoreline.

Mohamed7

It’s easy to fix our line up changes by reverting back to our back four last season and Vieira/ESR/Rice in LCM depending on the opposition with TP5 coming as 6 in case Rice plays the 8.

However, we need A LOT to fix our game management once we are leading at home. Knew the equalizer was very much on the cards given how passive and defensive we became after taking the lead. Too early to drop deep at home against inferior opposition. We had zero control of the game at that point.

We are too arrogant at home and don’t give the respect needed to mid table teams. How in the hell we conceded so early in yet another home match? Our RCB pushed too early as soon as Saka received the ball at the half way. Arrogance.

Likewise, we play too emotionally when we go down at home which is why we kept missing chances and poor in the final third. We were rushing. There’s a difference between urgency and rushing. It is ok to play at higher tempo and take on your man but we were trying to make decisions too quickly. After finally taking the lead, we were mentally too exhausted and lost focus. This is when you need leaders on the pitch and they were non-existent. Arteta tried to solve that with Jorginho but was ineffective.

Extremely unacceptable to drop points against 10 men at home. Like many said here, we are too far behind City in game management and leadership and these are why we will again not win the title.

But, at least we will able to challenge till towards end of March IF Arteta eliminates these many changes in this season.

* TP5 cannot play RB without disrupting our attack.
* White and Saliba partnership not working.
* LCM is our weakest link.
* Havertz is a very poor signing and we fans all knew it before even the season started. Must be benched.
* We have no LB cover.
* Relying on another injury prone for RB cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson
Top Bottom