• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Arsenal 2 - 2 Fulham | Saturday 26th August | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal-vs-Fulham.jpg

Screenshot-20230822-202059.png

Screenshot-20230822-202113.png

Screenshot-20230822-202126.png

Screenshot-20230822-202148.png

cba8ad28-d4f2-41e7-af3e-3b1084666042.png

Prediction

Arsenal 3-0 Fulham

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Definitely not all him as you say.

But what we have to do to get him into midfield alongside Ødegaard while also (trying at least) to maintain shape, has really ****ed us...kinda more Arteta's fault that Kai's, in that sense.

If we had to sell Xhaka in the summer, we should have replaced him with more of a proven 8 in midfield.
This is the thing though, we don't have to do all that. The first 2 matches he showed he could win duels in that position. He's made some good runs into the box that just haven't quite been found. He's put some decent balls in that people haven't gotten on the end of. I would prefer to see if he can play in last year's system with Zinchenko and Gabriel in their correct positions first. If he's still struggling then give Rice that role and play Partey at the 6 but I still don't think he's actually been put in position to truly succeed in the attacking phase and everyone played dreadful football today except stunningly Vieira.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I also feel arteta ask our players to be perfect how many times today we got into Fulham box and just refused to put cross in specially in 2nd half first 15 minutes it always was like that i dont get it. It make me really angry isnt that what Havertz best ability is too to head the ball? We do it in pre season too he scored twice from it ffs.

What worry me is our players will be mentally exhausted because of it.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
It is frustrating that we keep giving away such cheap goals. The first goal was absolute rubbish to concede. The second from the corner was also pretty poor.

What’s frustrating is that we concede ****ty cheap goals yet struggle so much to score our own goals.

It’s actually ridiculous that we make the situation 10x harder for ourselves trying to justify spending £65 mill on what looks to be a dud. Second half after Havertz came off was when we played our best football. Incisive and with a threat

Melquiades

This is the thing though, we don't have to do all that. The first 2 matches he showed he could win duels in that position. He's made some good runs into the box that just haven't quite been found. He's put some decent balls in that people haven't gotten on the end of. I would prefer to see if he can play in last year's system with Zinchenko and Gabriel in their correct positions first. If he's still struggling then give Rice that role and play Partey at the 6 but I still don't think he's actually been put in position to truly succeed in the attacking phase and everyone played dreadful football today except stunningly Vieira.

I feel like he got himself into good positions today and you can see the IQ and technical skills and holdup play but it feels like there’s very little intensity or directness in his game. Very casual. He’s talented but he isn’t a late-career Bergkamp who can just jog around being a genius. Needs a firecracker up his ass like we saw from Vieira today.

benjamin86

Established Member
For anyone that was lucky enough to miss this game and wants to watch it to see how we did...

3d76b146-c502-46df-a74a-71dbaed10bd1_text.gif

...there, saved you 100 minutes to do something more enjoyable with your life 👍
Missed the game but i'd like to see one of those "every touch" highlights on youtube for Vieira as I heard he was sensational.

Batman

I feel like he got himself into good positions today and you can see the IQ and technical skills and holdup play but it feels like there’s very little intensity or directness in his game. Very casual. He’s talented but he isn’t a late-career Bergkamp who can just jog around being a genius. Needs a firecracker up his ass like we saw from Vieira today.
Seems like a player struggling for confidence as one might with an entire fanbase rooting for them to fail. I agree, he does need to be more assertive. As far as Vieira, I have no clue wtf that was today but if he can replicate it then we've found something fantastic. Nobody can say they were expecting it.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Seems like a player struggling for confidence as one might with an entire fanbase rooting for them to fail. I agree, he does need to be more assertive. As far as Vieira, I have no clue wtf that was today but if he can replicate it then we've found something fantastic. Nobody can say they were expecting it.
Lol its not Tets fault Havertz is **** but the fans fault.

Alexs

Barney sums it up well: João Palhinha stuns Arsenal as 10-man Fulham battle back to earn late point

"Thomas Partey may or may not be an instinctive positional postmodernist, able to slip into a fluid right-back-midfield role. But there was very little evidence of it here and his 55 minutes on the pitch felt like time lost pursuing an under-researched experiment."

"Kai Havertz looked unremittingly confused, not just by his role on the left of midfield, but by the basic fact of taking part in a Premier League match. “He got in great areas but the ball didn’t arrive,” was Arteta’s verdict."

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

We should play back 4 with Gabriel, play double pivot of Partey and Rice. Get some stability and start winning games before trying to be too cute. We should be playing way more fluently for the talent we have and win games against bottom table sides more comfortably.

We won't concede that goal from the corner kick with Gabriel on the field. Arteta can be really weird sometimes I just don't get it

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
So much has been said but today, only Nketia and Vieira can be pleased with themselves. It’s going to be hard to pick up 14 players who seem to have no idea what's going on and I'm struggling with the formation given the personnel we have trying to execute it. Now it's just beat Utd and go away with your countries.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
So much has been said but today, only Nketia and Vieira can be pleased with themselves. It’s going to be hard to pick up 14 players who seem to have no idea what's going on and I'm struggling with the formation given the personnel we have trying to execute it. Now it's just beat Utd and go away with your countries.

Team selection may be Artetas undoing this season, last season the team pretty much picked itself.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Our game management has been piss poor, NF put us under the cosh when they went to 2-1 we hung on for the result....at home.

Same with palace, we scored and then because sloppy

Now with Fulham we pressured took the lead and then let Fulham control the game.

This is all down to mental weakness, it's the same weakness that saw us capitulate at the end of last season.

Batman

Atmosphere was dead. This new ticketing system i guess. Seems the club are determined to kill everything good about last season.
Probably had something to do with the club handing out a free goal inside a minute again as well.

King87

Is there anything Kiwior provides that Gabriel is not capable of? Just don't get what the manager is trying to do.

There is also this problem of us not been able to close out games if our lives depended on it. That has been an Arteta problem from day 1, Doesn't seem a solution is in sight yet again

Batman

We should play back 4 with Gabriel, play double pivot of Partey and Rice. Get some stability and start winning games before trying to be too cute. We should be playing way more fluently for the talent we have and win games against bottom table sides more comfortably.

We won't concede that goal from the corner kick with Gabriel on the field. Arteta can be really weird sometimes I just don't get it
It's amazing how players' legends grow on the bench. We've conceded stupid corners like that with Gabriel on the pitch. He played almost every minute last season and we conceded plenty of ridiculous soft goals with him out there. The players have an issue with focus and finishing matches off. This is evident regardless of personnel. There's something wrong with the mentality with a lead. It's too negative and defensive. We need to keep playing until the game is truly over.

King87

It's amazing how players' legends grow on the bench. We've conceded stupid corners like that with Gabriel on the pitch. He played almost every minute last season and we conceded plenty of ridiculous soft goals with him out there. The players have an issue with focus and finishing matches off. This is evident regardless of personnel. There's something wrong with the mentality with a lead. It's too negative and defensive. We need to keep playing until the game is truly over.
I prefer centre backs who dominate their own box، I don’t think we conceded a goal last season from a set piece with both saliba and Gabriel on the pitch tbf you might want to check that

..Crazy to break up such good partnership Crazy to break up the white/saka partnership and Ødegaard’s game is also suffering without Partey to feed him between the lines، however Rice had a very accomplished game.

Agree we can't close a game even if we score on 89 minutes the team always looks like it will concede. How do you win a title like that?

andeoch1

I prefer centre backs who dominate their own box، I don’t think we conceded a goal last season from a set piece with both saliba and Gabriel on the pitch tbf you might want to check that

..Crazy to break up such good partnership Crazy to break up the white/saka partnership and Ødegaard’s game is also suffering without Partey to feed him between the lines، however Rice had a very accomplished game.

Agree we can't close a game even if we score on 89 minutes the team always looks like it will concede. How do you win a title like that?
We haven’t a hope 🤦

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom