• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Newcastle 1 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday 4th November | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLArsenalNewcastle2122.jpg

Prediction

Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal

Last edited by a moderator:

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Once the on pitch officials had given the Newcastle goal, I'm not sure what VAR could have done to overturn it though. There were no pictures they could show the ref to conclusively say their decisions were wrong, mainly due to the wrong camera angles.
Multiple angle footage of a two handed push downwards on the back of Gabriel's neck says you are wrong

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

My energy for refereeing decisions is minimal cos every clubs fans think they are against them in some capacity..
As long as football is a game of opinions (because most rules can never be factual), this is always going to happen. Plus human error is always going to exist.
I think that statement is a bit over the top based on the decision in question I’m ngl 🫣
I’m not trying to be that annoying unbiased try hard fan either..😂

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Ya unfortunately this will backfire big time. Carragher Neville etc are already swinging at us for this statement.

Can see us getting even less protection in games like this etc. I agree with the statement, but think it was a bit naive to put it out.

We are not Liverpool and will get slaughtered for things like this.
Carragher is a hypocrite

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Ya unfortunately this will backfire big time. Carragher Neville etc are already swinging at us for this statement.

Can see us getting even less protection in games like this etc. I agree with the statement, but think it was a bit naive to put it out.

We are not Liverpool and will get slaughtered for things like this.
A bit of a pathetic and defeatist attitude. If nobody ever tried to take a stand how will things change?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Sorry I don’t get what VAR error there was. I didn’t see any camera angle conclusively showing the ball out of play, the foul is a subjective decision not black and white, and the offside tbh I don’t even understand that rule and I’m pretty sure most spectators don’t either.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Sorry I don’t get what VAR error there was. I didn’t see any camera angle conclusively showing the ball out of play, the foul is a subjective decision not black and white, and the offside tbh I don’t even understand that rule and I’m pretty sure most spectators don’t either.
Don't know if ball was in or out, but clear 2 handed push on Gabriel's neck, handball by Wilson AND offside on Gordon (unless the ref deems the touch off Gabriel's arse after he'd been pushed over, and it bounced of Wilson's arm and chest is deliberate, which seems a stretch). You not understanding the law doesn't make it not the law.

Also more broadly re the statement, there is the failure to send off Bruno for a textbook example of violent conduct (and 4 or 5 other bookable offenses), the refusal to look at two possible penalty fouls on Nketiah, the second of which looked pretty nailed on despite Sky refusing to show a replay (the internet can show replays tho'), and a myriad of other poor decisions.

But Atwell is well known for ****ting himself in front of a noisy crowd, and for having no consistency within games, and the VAR bloke is not only a Saudi freelance boy, but is also a **** awful ref who should be nowhere near this level.

But is all good.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

My energy for referring decisions is minimal cos every clubs fans think they are against them in some capacity..
As long as football is a game of opinions (because most rules can never be factual), this is always going to happen. Plus human error is always going to exist.
I think that statement is a bit over the top based on the decision in question I’m ngl 🫣
I’m not trying to be that annoying unbiased try hard fan either..😂

Likewise I was more disappointed about the way we played than the decision itself. I’ve come to terms with the misuse of VAR and officiating as it’s always going to happen but what frustrated me more both on Wednesday night and yesterday evening was the lack of cutting edge we’ve had this season. At no point was I convinced we would score.

It’s all good having the ball and playing it sideways which a few in our midfield are masters at doing but if you can barely create any clear cut chances and have 1 shot on target in the game then you have to start looking internally at the issues. In about half of our games this season we’ve been having about 2 to 3 shots on target when we haven’t been playing fodder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom