• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League | Liverpool vs Arsenal | 27/08/2017 | 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
it points to a mindset

also case in point we have not bought a proper DM since Gilberto really, Coq/Song arrived as youngsters
Flamini wasn't a starting XI player at first

for some strange reason Wenger wants us to play this silly way
Fair point but the bigger issue is a lack of quality. I look at Casemeiro and Kroos and wonder why we can't find a versatile player capable of doing a job in a position.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

giphy.gif
I love you too, Emma.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

What is really bitter is watching Klopp and how he has improved Liverpool since he came there two years ago. The structure and purpose they play with compared to the shambles we are. To think that he could have been our coach if Wenger and the board had shown any foresight and willingness to do what is best for the club. Instead we have at least another 2 years of this.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
What is really bitter is watching Klopp and how he has improved Liverpool since he came there two years ago. The structure and purpose they play with compared to the shambles we are. To think that he could have been our coach if Wenger and the board had shown any foresight and willingness to do what is best for the club. Instead we have at least another 2 years of this.
Even more bitter for me because I am massive fan of Klopp is watching his interviews and his interactions with the fans. Here is a man with tremendous humility and zeal who you can tell genuinely appreciates the fans and not just his wages. It means something to Jurgen Klopp to manage the club for those supporters. It isn't just that he has the backing of the owners it's the backing of thousands at Anfield and millions around the world. His enthusiasm is fantastic. He actually cares. He's not so selfish and arrogant that he can't address and correct his mistakes. We don't know what it's like to have a manager like that anymore and that is so sad.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I've been suggesting boycotting home games for years now. I mean attendances are dropping steadily but it's not a radical enough change.
Attendances are dropping because people are not turning up, but they've paid for the tickets so the club aren't worried.

What is needed is concerted, explicit action. People should advertise they're not going and say why rather than just not bother.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Tbf they actually defend a lot worse since klopp took over.

Tywin

You guys are spot on about Klopp. He would have been perfect for us instead of wasting himself at Pool. We had a better squad and a lot more money if only Wenger had bowed out before Klopp left Dortmund we would be so much better off.

I don't even understand what Wengers game plan is anymore. It's like football manager after it's been run by AI for 20 years nothing makes sense anymore. Im not even sure it makes sense in Wengers head either.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Honestly, you cannot blame Wenger for the players not doing the basics right.

His tactics were laughable to be fair, especially having the midfield partnership we currently have. We can't respond with this group of players.

Wilshere will be a breathe of fresh air but the problems will persist as he is unreliable in terms of fitness. We desperately need a CM

Eri

Klopp is not the answer is you really wanna win things.
His teams will be exposed again against a defensive set up or any properly coached teams.

We look poor because we dont have any identity on the pitch. We have no shape whatsoever. We dont press the opposition and most of all the word our manager likes to use most of all we have no cohesion.

Wengers teams used to work out tactics themselves before. Lee Dixon was sayind the players should have worked out what they needed to do reminiscent to his days. That doesnt work not unless you have some real leaders in the team which we dont.

The players today looked like me arriving at work on Monday morning saying "ef it only 8 more hours to go". They looked like someone had dragged them to the pitch against their will.

We need someone like Jardim, Allegri or Sarry of Napoli.

Something feels wrong about the whole set up at our club.

Zaza

We made liverpool look better than they are. A decent manager would've beaten them today with what we have.
Now let's look at Wenger's stupid decisions today.
- Starts Bellerin and Ox AGAIN together today. Anyone with half a brain knew this was asking for trouble with the players they had out wide i.e Salah and Mane(!!).Why didn't he start Kolasinac?? Ox should never have started. Bellerin and Kolasinac would've been much better
- Why did he choose to start Holding today?? I know Holding needs a confidence boost, but he shouldn't have started such a big game considering he also didn't play well in the u23 game during the week. Ok fine, you start holding and you play him on the right of a back 3 leaving him isolated against Mane. Why didn't he start Mustafi?? Mustafi would've been a much better option.
- Ramsey is a bloody liability. Is Wenger instructing him to roam the way he does or does he do what he wants?? I expected a disciplined performance from him, but as usual, he kept on being a glory hunter. It's either you play him as part of the 3 upfront or you drop him totally or switch back to a 4-2-3-1 and play him out wide or play a 4-3-3 and move Özil to the right. Ramsey is a very frustrating player
- Why did he start Welbeck and not Lacazette?? Don't give me the adapting nonsense. Welbeck is a piss poor finisher. He should've been subbed instead of Alexis.
Wenger is a ****ing tactical novice. He's been exposed more frequently as we see better coaches in the league. Klopp comes in and has a full season and we don't make top 4...it isn't a coincidence. Wenger is the 6th best coach in the league.
Adapt or piss off

Vibra

Established Member
Gary Neville is a ******* bastard. **** him.

Always bigging up Arséne Wenger but now he seems like he's not defending him.

**** stain.

That makes him a **** stain? **** off. He may be biased towards Wenger but he's just a pundit, a great one at that, and him saying Wenger should be off would change nothing, he's not gonna ask for the head of a manager publicly since he's been through it

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Our 'central midfielder' -- well done by Carragher pointing out the gap.
Oh look! Pundits finally noticed that our midfield is a problem (Ramsey especially), and it only took a nightmare performance for them to do it.

Problem far too obvious to scapegoat Özil this time, clueless ****ers.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Klopp is not the answer is you really wanna win things.
His teams will be exposed again against a defensive set up or any properly coached teams.

We look poor because we dont have any identity on the pitch. We have no shape whatsoever. We dont press the opposition and most of all the word our manager likes to use most of all we have no cohesion.

Wengers teams used to work out tactics themselves before. Lee Dixon was sayind the players should have worked out what they needed to do reminiscent to his days. That doesnt work not unless you have some real leaders in the team which we dont.

The players today looked like me arriving at work on Monday morning saying "ef it only 8 more hours to go". They looked like someone had dragged them to the pitch against their will.

We need someone like Jardim, Allegri or Sarry of Napoli.

Something feels wrong about the whole set up at our club.
Agreed even though I still love Wenger.

Today's display was pathetic in every form. You were simply sitting there wondering when the next one would come. Come half time we were lucky not to be 3-0 down.

The right hand side was absolutely disgusting. Body language and attitude was completely rotten. You had the Ox playing to Liverpools strength and you have Ramsey doing what he is often critisized for doing in CM. Then you have Özil who to all his attacking talent is a liability past the half way line. That combination absolutely killed us.

You had instances where balls could have been won, attacks could have been started yet the right hand side, time and time kept playing it backwards.

We had an empty midfield. Xhaka is a dictator of play not one to be left alone to clean up in midfield. A partner who can stick with him creates smoother play and less chances conceded. Ramsey should be used as an impact sub or back up to Özil. CM should never be his spot in a serious league game (cup winners aside). We started so well with Kolasinac and Lacazette. Get in a good DM and have Wilshere as backup to that position.

I just don't want to see Ramsey or Ox in the starting line up. Can tolerate Ramsey as a back up but Oxs attitude today has me completely appalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom