• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Do you want us to sign him?

• Yes

Votes: 174 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Longy

arent the gang back now ? Snuck in the back door ?

I'd say that's a good indication that they could not agree along with Auba playing last night.

This just has the smell of the Suarez deal so much.......
Everything in order with the player, a price expected yet the kooks at AFC trying to lowball them and expecting them to fall, which they don't.
Therefore deal is off because of relatively small amount.

It's typical opportunistic grabs.

Player pops up available
May be able to buy at cut price
Don't really need said player but he's good.
Expect everyone to fall over for us
Doesn't happen, wait for someone else to magically pop up.

It all equals ........... AW and AFC HAVE NO PLAN.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
While this could definitely still happen I am starting to feel that familiar resignation that we're run by ******. It's funny, every couple of years the cosmos hands the club an opportunity to turn the corner on a silver platter and religiously it's pissed away. Clear path to the title with everyone but Leicester underperforming? No thanks, we'd rather not make any meaningful signings except a slightly past his prime keeper and get tonked by Southampton and the United's under 21s en route to achieving nothing. What's that? One of the best strikers around wants to join up and is available for a quite reasonable fee frankly given his output and a market where Brazilian Lampard costs over 100 million? We'd actually just prefer to lowball his club even though this sort of signing would please our fans and send the message that we actually want to try to win things and be taken seriously. Lovely stuff. Truly.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Morning, Happy Sunday fellas

Morning to you too.

"Borussia Dortmund have said that the transfer of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to Arsenal is still possible, but that unless Arsenal meet their demands, they’ll keep the player until the summer and leave the Gunners empty handed this month.

The club did have a delegation in Germany but they have since returned to London after attempts to broker a deal with the Bundesliga outfit failed.

In a statement released today, Dortmund Sporting Director Michael Zorc said, “We are prepared to implement a transfer under certain parameters – but only if these parameters are fully met.

“Arsenal has started several attempts so far, we have rejected all so far.

“Either our demands are fulfilled, then there can be a transfer, or else they will not be fulfilled and Auba will play in Dortmund until the summer.

“This has been discussed and accepted by the Aubameyang family.”

At the time of writing, the 28 year old is playing for Borussia Dortmund in the Bundesliga against Freiburg, so it’s clear they’re going to use him.

This is not a bluff on their part, it’s about getting what they want for their leading scorer, and now it’s up to Arsenal to decide if they want to do what it takes to get this deal done."

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Deadline day job this now - old habits die hard. Whatever gap we have now we’ll settle 2/3 in favour of BVB

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There is nothing wrong with what Arsenal have done in terms of mutiple bids. We did the same with Lacazette. Didn't it take us three bids to get him? The public posturing was similar with Aulas and Lacazette wasn't exactly kicking and screaming to leave.

The difference with Dortmund is that they have set a price. They have openly come out and said we have made 'several bids' which must be two. They have also said they are willing to let the player go if the demands are met. If not they will just keep him. They haven't said that they will let him go only if they find a replacement.

Whether we make the bid today or on deadline day doesn't really matter. What would be unforgivable by the club is to let this transfer slip buy due to our valuation of the player. We value him at £50 million. They want £60 million. Offering £55 million won't do anything. It has to be £60 million.

Is he worth £60 million? In today's market you really have to say he is when you look at the price of strikers. Dortmund set the price at £80 million in the summer. It's now lower. It's just a question of spending the money that the world knows is all available.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
With him having to appear in court tomorrow this won’t be completed until at least Tuesday if we manage to agree a fee.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Stuff like this usually resolves itself with The player refusing or reducing loyaltybonus from the selling club ot sign on fee from the buying

Surely Auba would still raise his profit even if he did that? With longer contract and higher wages

So that he is not doing that is pretty telling that he isn't super keen on joining

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Deadline day job this now - old habits die hard. Whatever gap we have now we’ll settle 2/3 in favour of BVB

I rather think this will be decided till monday - Dortmund has shown that they don't **** around, if we don't bid soon enough for them to find a replacement in time they just won't sell.
Even if we bid the full price.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

:lol: My girlfriend always knows it’s transfer window time because I’m always looking at Twitter on my phone.

“Why are you always looking at your phone. Oh, are Arsenal buying players again?”.

If only she knew :(
Yes i get the why is your head in your phone all night. Its Arsenal lol i say then i get the so Arsenal is more important than me thing. YES IT IS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom