<

EPL I Liverpool vs Arsenal I March 4 17.30 GMT | BT Sport 1

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by ggunner12345, Feb 26, 2017.

?

What will the result be for this match?

Poll closed Mar 3, 2017.
  1. Liverpool win

49.0%
  2. Arsenal win

29.4%
  3. Draw

21.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rain Dance

Rain Dance Well-Known Member Trusted

welcome, to this forum
    and yes, I agree

2. marc-in

marc-in Active Member

i told myself this year i won't watch arsenal games as long as wenger is in charge, its simply not worth the frustration, same mistakes being made for a decade !

i just saw he didn't start sanchez, what kind of idiotic decision is that ?

3. STYLEZ

STYLEZ Well-Known Member

God only knows

4. Gooner n Proud

Gooner n Proud a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini

Personally I would've started Alexis but I see the reasoning behind him not being picked; Arsène wanted to go for a more direct approach with some aerial threat in attack.

Its also worth mentioning that despite Alexis's productivity in terms of goals and assists his overall performances have been terrible since December; constantly loses possession carelessly which deters the teams attacking momentum.
    The reason a player like Coquelin usually gets mercilessly criticised when he plays poor is due to him being a defensive midfielder whose bad performances can lead to opponents scoring whereas a player like Alexis can perpetually give the ball away and stifle the teams cohesive potential for 85 minutes but because he'll score a goal or two his shortcomings which disturbs our fluidity and pace in attack will go unnoticed.

When are we as supporters going to be less narrow minded and more flexible with our analysis of players performances?

Ewarwoowar likes this.
  5. redanddread

redanddread The stone that the builders refuse

Really? If he's such a winner (and he was) he'd know the game was up - his team has shown nothing this season that would indicate they could lift the title, let alone now 13 pts behind with 12 games to go.

6. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

That's the point, winners keep going long after you and me have given up .

Ewarwoowar and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  7. Aevi

Aevi Hale End FC Moderator

He's got to be f*cking kidding me. Without games off, we get fed a story about lack of time to prepare. Now we get a game off, and and suddenly we are "too raw"?? What the **** are they doing in training then? Yoga?

RacingPhoton likes this.
  8. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

Feel like the players are actually lethargic and are comfortable with the club. What else can explain the fact that most players become s*** immediately after they signed a new contract? Players' agenda at arsenal
    1) Play some good games when contract is about to expire.
    2) Win a contract with handsome pay.
    3) Become mediocre till the contract is about to expire or you need a pay hike.
    Reason players are able to do this? We have a manager who doesn't have the balls to sell them off. All of a sudden, a player who really has the hunger and passion to win games joins the team. We see the stark difference in the attitude of him and rest of the team. No wonder he wants to move on. Others want Wenger to stay so that they can continue to lead their luxurious lives without an ounce of pressure on them. They know that they won't be sold, no matter how s*** they are.

Personally, given a choice, even I would want to stay at Arsenal. Can't blame the players.

9. Hyruga

Hyruga Active Member

No

10. Hyruga

Hyruga Active Member

Most players at Arsenal are actually reactive players. They acted passively and waited for something to happen. Only when they are behind, then they start to step up the games.

It only feels good to win and it's not a must to win at Arsenal. There is also no leader in the squad.

RacingPhoton and Ewarwoowar like this.
  11. redanddread

redanddread The stone that the builders refuse

Fair enough - I may not be a Premier League player but I've won nuff competitive events in my life and there's not giving up and also being a realist. If he thinks that this lot of rabble still had a chance of winning the league then fair play to him but he's deluded imo.

celestis likes this.
  12. OShea's2010

OShea's2010 Well-Known Member

Yeah, just blame the fans, the FA, refs, media, pundits, the ball boys, whoever. None of its the managers fault is it? never is with some people, unbelievable

Jaywood Mac likes this.
  13. Hyruga

Hyruga Active Member

If Arsenal had won last night, Arsenal would be 10 points behind with 12 games to spare. It's not impossible but with this current group of players, it did look impossible even before last night.

14. OShea's2010

Doesn't matter what the scenario is, the leagues impossible with Wenger these days

redanddread likes this.
  15. OShea's2010

Was this Sanchez after the bayern game?

16. FreakySami

FreakySami Well-Known Member

I never said the manager didn't mess up the first half

17. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Exactly. It's the managers job to move people on, or even 'manage'. Wenger is accountable for this. It's NOT the fault of the players. Yet you'll get people that only want to focus on the players letting him down... You know who they are. Wenger's got nothing to do with that, apparently.

18. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Really bad management from Wenger today, like special bad:

- Drops our best player
    - Continues fielding out of form players (i.e. Coquelin, Iwobi)
    - Shifts our best performing midfielder in recent games onto the right wing AGAIN
    - Sets the team up to play on the counter but instead of a player who creates/attacks space up front, he plays Giroud
    - Still refuses to play Lucas
    - STILL doesn't prepare his midfield for the press, not that they would have done much regardless.

Comically bad. The only thing he got right today was finally giving Welbeck some minutes. And he struggled to get into the game anyway but worked hard and scored the goal that got us back in the game.

One look at that lineup and I knew we were going to lose.

mm76, Vinci, salvat and 12 others like this.
  19. OShea's2010

Yeah but you're trying to blame a section of fans and the media for the problems. I can promise you, Arsenal fans are patient, actually too patient and loyal for their own good. It's takes a lot for these kind of reactions. I've wanted Wenger out for a long time, over 5 years and my reasoning then was that he never learns from his mistakes. he hasn't changed one bit

marc-in and redanddread like this.
  20. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

It's utterly ridiculous taking that line of thought. I mean look at it in the corporate world. You manage a team of individuals, if they aren't producing that's on the manager to sort it out, not the other way around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.