<

EPL I Liverpool vs Arsenal I March 4 17.30 GMT | BT Sport 1

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by ggunner12345, Feb 26, 2017.

?

What will the result be for this match?

Poll closed Mar 3, 2017.
  1. Liverpool win

49.0%
  2. Arsenal win

29.4%
  3. Draw

21.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bendtneer

Bendtneer Well-Known Member

Leicester won the league becoz they were better then everyone else by a good margin..We have bottled a few titles in last 13years but last year we were never in it.

2. karl

karl Well-Known Member

I don't think this is true. He just needs a change of scenery. Almost any manager at one club so long is going to run out of ways to inspire a team.

This particular set of players need a very strong hand, as the cannot motivate themselves and Arsène's style is to soft for them.

SA Gunner likes this.
  3. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk The Reason We're Out of Europe

I suppose at this stage there should be at least one arena where he can technically win, seeing as it's practically hopeless with regards to football :lol:

4. Giroud

Giroud Well-Known Member

Wenger set up the team to defend deep because Liverpool struggle to break down compact defences. Then 8 minutes in they found themselves 3 v 3 with our defence from a ****ing goal kick.

Always find a way to shoot ourselves in the foot.

5. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Fair enough, but if he can't take the pressure anymore he shouldn't be the manager.

There is pressure at every club, though, and he doesn't even have owners and DoF's breathing down his neck here demanding him to win trophies.

Twenty years is a very long haul in an extremely demanding and exhausting job that is being a manager. Sooner or later it catches up to everyone.

Sapient Hawk and Gooner Zig like this.
  6. Mikomir

Mikomir New Member

As an Arsenal supporter since 1971 I have seen us going into decline a number of times before. This a another one of those times. Only a change in direction can minimize the damages. The team is not playing for Wenger anymore, and it his own fault. Selecting Iwobi over Sanchez makes no sense other than Wenger was playing a powergame with Sanchez....and lost. If Sanchez wasn't on his way out before today, he certainly will be now!

7. Jm89

Jm89 Active Member

He has far to much control over everything here! He is useless at signing players the only real star he's brought over the last few years is Sanchez!

He's a control freak he really is! He won't be able to minipulate another board like he's done ours!

8. Jaywood Mac

Jaywood Mac Well-Known Member

That's some grade A conspiracy BS there man, **** me.

9. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

It's like watching the last couple of fights of Mohamed Ali. Eventually someone had to step in to stop the great man taking the punishment.

10. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

Umm it's not disingenuous to point out what a manager had at his disposal when comparing his record to that of a manager with nowhere near that level of talent in his squad. Your RVP comparison is wholly irrelevant not just because we're talking about Klopp and Rodgers rather than Wenger but because he never came close to putting up the 54 league goals in 66 league matches that Suarez did under Rodgers. Brendan Rodgers had 2 strikers who put up a combined 85 goals in 2 full seasons for him. When Klopp has that kind of firepower at his disposal then he can be compared to Rodgers' results. His squad is considerably worse by some measure.

Rimaal likes this.
  11. Hyruga

Hyruga Active Member

Senseless to sub in walcott. Does arsenal expect any difference from him after 10 + years?

Has he ever score any crucial goals while Arsenal is chasing the game?

redanddread and Garrincha like this.
  12. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Yes.

Kotikalja likes this.
  13. VancouverCanuck

VancouverCanuck Well-Known Member

You can blame the coaching in this case...everyone knows that this sort of defending can only be sorted if Wenger had another $200m to spend.

Kotikalja likes this.
  14. VancouverCanuck

VancouverCanuck Well-Known Member

BTW, I feel nothing when watching Arsenal matches nowadays.

When Liverpool was dominating in the first half and scored 2 goals, it was as if I have seen this so many times before.

I am just so sick and tired of the fight for top 4 year and year. I have stopped caring.

When Wenger leaves, which is looking more and more likely at the end of this season, I can see us really struggle and may even finish outside top 6. Maybe after a few years of mid-table finishes, I can get excited about top 4 again.

15. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

I feel a lot of the players would benefit from a change of manager. When they speak out in support of Wenger, it makes me feel ill. How these 'professionals' can feel comfortable being involved in these farcical games every season is beyond me. How they can't see that their manager is at the root of it all, is bewildering.

They trust him, he trusts them, yet together they're a steaming pile of sh!t.

16. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

If this group of players had any collective pride, there'd be ****ing mutiny. It's like a sect. They must either have very thick skin, or just do not give a ****. That's all it can be.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  17. FreakySami

FreakySami Well-Known Member

I don't think you get to say conspiracy when statistically it's accurate and when media are ****ting on the club daily for the past 20 years, if not more.

18. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Uh mate , how many trophies has this bloke won ? He's a winner , that's how they think .

19. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

That's isn't correct mate , throughout the years we have always switched to direct . Makes sense to me you don't play Xhaka and Coq and expect to play through the press . You're clutching at straws here .

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    Rimaal likes this.
  20. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Not only that Theo & Lucas are so bad on the ball in build up play. Shame as we had plenty of time & no need to go so desperate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.