• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL Arsenal V Chelsea Sun 26th 16:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godwin1

Very well-known
We're on a very good run at the moment, though we'll have to improve on how we played the last two games, need to be a bit sharper. Very good oppertunity to beat Mourinho at last, though I'm pretty sure it will be a draw. A win is possible at last though!

COYG

Proof

Established Member
I think Wenger will finally win against Mourinho come Sunday.

Abramovich has to sit in the stands half-asleep watching the club he's pumped billions into, surrender 75% of possession at home against injury ravaged teams or teams with 10 men. I wonder if he will even put up with Mourinho for another season with a young and attack minded coach like Jurgen Klopp on the market.

Loyalvillan

We're on a very good run at the moment, though we'll have to improve on how we played the last two games, need to be a bit sharper. Very good oppertunity to beat Mourinho at last, though I'm pretty sure it will be a draw. A win is possible at last though!

COYG
But is Winning when not playing at your best a sign of a great Team?? i really think with oned addition you will be a major contender for the title!

Godwin1

Very well-known
But is Winning when not playing at your best a sign of a great Team?? i really think with oned addition you will be a major contender for the title!

Well I just ment we need to be sharper for this game and I think we will. Winning while playing bad can be a sign of a great team, Chelsea have been doing it since december. But Man Utd have been doing it all season and I don't really count them as a great team.

If we aren't major contenders for the title next season then something would have gone very wrong in the transfer window.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lets concentrate on what we do well these days, defend well and score on set pieces. Same M.O. as the City game.
To think we can actually write Arsenal defend well and score on set piece without using it as sarcasm, this is not expected before this season

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Either we perform like we did against City or we lose imo. A responsible, well disciplined display or Mourinho will exploit us as per usual

onetowatch

I think he won't care as long as Mourinho delivers trophies.

I think Roman would want the CL again soon. And I don't see any of the English teams challenging the big 3 anytime soon. Certainly Mourinhos defensive style won't be enough to conquer the sheer force of the Barca, Real and Bayern attacks.

And it's only a matter of time before Roman wants sexy football again.

I don't see Mourinho sticking around more than another couple of years tbh.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Mrs Loyalvillan only really hates 2 players in the world, One being Robbie Savage for obvious reasons, the other being John Terry......mainly for just being pretty mush the epitomise of being a total and undefinable ****!!

Sorry for the bad language but i cant say John Terry in any sentence without adding an expletive!! lol

Terry is an English legend, mate.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Some crae line ups posted here. Mourinho owns Wenger precisely because he knows Wenger will never use width against him. He'll just pack the middle and hit us on the break. Its a great shame Ox is out because Chelsea's biggest weakness is in the full back areas. Alexis is always looking to cut inside, so it's logical to me (even discounting his excellent record against them) for Theo to play on the right.

Triniboy

@Big Poppa The thing is theo is not a guy who will take his full back on and run him down the line like ox. He will always cut inside / pass the ball backwards. Secondly, if he is ahead of the play, he now likes to just hang on to the last shoulder of the defender looking for a through ball rather than spreading wide. This is just based on how he has played since he has come back imo, we will see though.

onetowatch

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...he-arsenal-chelsea-rivalry-and-why-it-matters

Another decent read on Guardian, by Scott Murray, on the history of the two clubs and their rivalry. Quite an entertaining read. Lol at the pensioners badge and nickname.

The mention of Wayne Bridge still send shivers down the spine. That was the year.

Gerry Francis and Alan Curbishley just previewed the game on SSN's The Morning View. Predictable stuff really...Wenger doesn't set his team up to play the oppositions strengths (with some cursory references to City away), while Jose does, our poor record against the top 4 etc etc. Curbs backing Chelsea, Francis not so sure.

BobP

Memri Fan
What rivalry? Chelsea were a ****ing non entity before the corrupt oligarch came, parked his tanks outside Highbury and begun blasting 50 pound notes at us as Dein said.

It's funny, just today at Uni my tutor bantered off the Chavs as we were discussing explicit and implicit class structures. She argued that in Australia there is a certain attachment to the idea of the working class man by those who are middle class making the working class man venerated. In England however she argued that the class structure is explicit as highlighted by the fact that NOBODY wants to be a Chav. Said it with disgust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom