• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: Stoke City v Arsenal - 6/12/14, 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
CurryFlavoured said:
The Jury said:
CurryFlavoured said:
If you've gone with Monreal CB and Chambers RB so far you've got to stick with it. Can't believe he threw Bellerin in there.

Media's telling me that Adam was a gigantic **** again today.

<a class="postlink" href="http://gfycat.com/PeacefulGroundedCaribou" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://gfycat.com/PeacefulGroundedCaribou</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seen that online. What was the result of that?

:lol: The result? Anthony Taylor.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

What a ****ty game, I stopped watching after we went 2-0 down.

Defence was shambles, but how on earth did Giroud miss that header 10 minutes in? Shows again that he is not good enough to be a starter.

Anzac

Established Member
CurryFlavoured said:
The Jury said:
CurryFlavoured said:
If you've gone with Monreal CB and Chambers RB so far you've got to stick with it. Can't believe he threw Bellerin in there.

<a class="postlink" href="http://gfycat.com/PeacefulGroundedCaribou" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://gfycat.com/PeacefulGroundedCaribou</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yellow.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

CurryFlavoured said:
The Jury said:
CurryFlavoured said:

And thats what we are up against. Stoke come out like a team that has just sniffed a key of coke each, fire in the belly, adrenaline pumping, ready to kick maim and injure and we come out with 'its all ok if its within the rules'.

Rules are there to be broken, that is why there is a ref to be as neutral as possible and arbitrate. Sometimes you need to fight fire with fire - Stoke after the build up this week is one of those games. Let the ref decide if we have gone to far, not for Wenger its lets play our game. Im fed up with this repetitive timid bollocks.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
This team has sucked the life out of me, I wasn't surprised nor did I care all that much when I saw the result. We're predictable and mediocre.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Exactly, we have been getting bullied for years now, but still Wenger persists with technical midgets. We are never gonna win jackshit if we don’t add some power to the team and find a better balance in the squad.

Anzac

Established Member
The Ref was way out of his depth today - some very 'soft' yellows given out as well as some bizarre decisions to prevent the ball being played quickly and other free kicks going the wrong way all over the place.
His assistants were just as poor.
No way should we have ended up with more bookings than Stoke.
Crouch should have been off before half time same with Bardsley(?). Adams should have had a red instead of yellow.

Whilst Chambers' 2nd yellow was soft (as was his 1st), he should have known better after the CFC game.

Anzac

Established Member
We were that poor and will now miss players like Chambers & Sanchez, that I now 'fear' for our performances and results A v Galatasaray & H v NUFC.

Original_AAA

The first goal was just a calamity of mistakes. First you have Gibbs not applying enough pressure and from a poor angle. Then you have Mertesacker's positioning in no man's land between Gibbs and the area in front of goal. He should have been much closer to goal. Lastly you have Chambers poor attempt at heading.

For the second goal Gibbs is yet again unable to keep their winger under good enough pressure. That not a single player on our team picks up the run coming into the box is just piss poor. If I remember correctly Flamini was the player closest, but at least four Arsenal players were guilty of ball watching.

The third goal is another example of our poor set piece defending and tendency to watch the ball instead of players. It was Stoke's first goal on a set piece this season by the way.

The fourth goal is another "great" example of the art of ball watching. If you see it again, there's 7(!) Arsenal players in the box and only one is trying to apply any sort of pressure to the Stoke player.

All of these goals are easily preventable with a better defensive set up. Furthermore this is another one to three point(s) thrown away due to Wenger's refusal to adapt his team to the opposition. I wonder how many point's we throw away each season because of his unwillingness to alter formations and style of play to better counter our oppositions strengths or exploit their weaknesses.

I do not see this changing any time soon, nor do I expect us to ever be able to defend properly against teams like Stoke, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United etc, because of Wenger's philosophy of letting the players figure this out on their own.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Anzac said:
We were that poor and will now miss players like Chambers & Sanchez, that I now 'fear' for our performances and results A v Galatasaray & H v NUFC.
A/Doesnt matter, we are already through to the prestigious last 16 with X million already banked - though we have no hope of going much further.

B/ Yeah, Newcastle tend to give us a good game. They will be on a bit of a high and we once again are on a low.

Bullshit really.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So ****ing predictable once again. What is the ****ing point in turning up for these games, we all know we'll lose before the game has started. The team is full of wankers, wasters who only turn up against the likes Burnley and Hull.

Thought Mertesacker just needed time to get over the world cup win but when you look at the other German players at other clubs they're not hiding behind a ****ing excuse. It's becoming increasingly obvious that Koscielny carries both him and Gibbs when he plays. Talking about Gibbs, I'd sell him in January if we had enough defenders, sums us up, average as hell.

The likes of Gibbs, Cazorla, Arteta and Giroud should be lucky to get in our squad, they're starters most games and the ****ing work rate of Giroud today was disgusting, his header was just typical Giroud.

We're ****.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Everything is just so predictable with us I hate it. Knew we were going to lose and we didn't disappoint

BobP

Memri Fan
How does Anthony Taylor keep on getting work as a referee, don't get me wrong, we were atrocious at all levels, but when I see him in action he always inevitably loses control of the game.

I only watched up until the second goal but that first goal highlights the lack of intelligence evident in this team. We have a 6'6 centre back, if you're not going to wheel him out when Peter Crouch is out and about I don't know when else you're going to instead Mertesacker leaves Chambers and Bellerin behind who are a fraction of Peter Crouch and to do what? stand in an area with no relevance, Stoke sure as hell weren't going to be putting in low crosses with Crouch in the box so there was no cutting out to be done, if you're going to have a player move out to that position make it Chambers.

BobP

Memri Fan
Also Gibbs "attempts" at blocking out crosses highlights this culture of " Oh, somebody else will deal with it" that is evident at this club. You can even see it with the midfielders in the defensive transition, their is no desire behind their attempts at taking up defensive positions. This inexplicable complacency which we see on such a consistent basis is unheard of at the level we play, you see other teams at our level and the players bust a gut when fufilling their duties, in our case they'll bust a gut to attack but not at all when defending.

BobP

Memri Fan
All good and well for Wenger to talk about intelligence this, intelligence that, but it is clear to me that this team isn't intelligent.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

^ systematic of the managers you score four we will score five approach. Defending is an art in Arsenes case his defensive art is the equivalent of a child at primary schools.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Just finished watching the highlights. Laughably bad goals conceded, you'd take the piss if you saw that at a Sunday league game. Gibbs needs to have a look at some of those attempted blocks, if you can call them that. Chambers is as rash as they come but that has to be the softest 2 yellow cards I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom