• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Anderlecht v Arsenal - 22/10/14, 19:45 - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We're a shambles. I'm praying we can somehow win this group otherwise we'll get another thrashing in the next round when we come up against Bayern or Madrid.

Due to the size of our team we now even get dominated by **** teams with a few big fellas in the side. Flamini, Cazorla and Wilshere all playing together is laughable.

We've too many weaklings in this side, once we lose the ball the opponent basically has a free run at our **** defence.

What an awful season so far.

BobP

Memri Fan
Pathetic is the only way to describe this utter clusterfuck of a situation we find ourselves in.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
bingobob said:
If we started games the way we finish them most weeks we would be brilliant. Clearly there is something there we just need to show that desire from the final whistle rather than when we seem dead and buried.

It's only due to the opposition being rubbish, defending deeper and a bit of luck that saved us. We scored both goals during our worst period of the whole match! That's what's most galling--we didn't respond at all. Nothing. Yet we scored twice.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
also Flamini need to set of bench from now on the guy is awful yeah Arteta is slow but he is not stupid as Flamini.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We just find it hard to create chances at the moment what the problem we have good players on the pitch i mean Sanchez Welbeck Cazorla Wilshere Ramsey all good players but why we are struggling to create chances is the formation the problem?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Flamini is getting away with murder here, look at him on their goal, he saw the striker free and instead of going and marking him he pointed to the **** for somebody else to mark him, despite the fact that Chambers was already marking the other Anderlecht player.

He plays a part in every ****ing goal we concede.

blaze_of_glory

I'm starting to think that teams form is linked to the technical issues of the forum. Get this place fixed and all will be well.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
yousif_arsenal said:
also Flamini need to set of bench from now on the guy is awful yeah Arteta is slow but he is not stupid as Flamini.

Flamini ... He's one of those Arsenal players that, when he signs for another club that's desperate enough to take him and looks complete sh!te for them too, will make you disgusted at the thought he played so many times for us. We'll wonder what the fvck Wenger was thinking or seeing, and cry at the thought of what we could have done with competent player in there. So much wasted time.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The Jury said:
bingobob said:
If we started games the way we finish them most weeks we would be brilliant. Clearly there is something there we just need to show that desire from the final whistle rather than when we seem dead and buried.

It's only due to the opposition being rubbish, defending deeper and a bit of luck that saved us. We scored both goals during our worst period of the whole match! That's what's most galling--we didn't respond at all. Nothing. Yet we scored twice.
I agree we were awful I mean we could and should have been two or three down I was fuming but then it seemed to click and I got that feeling that we will do it same against Palace and Everton or even Hull. What worries me we only click when chasing the game and as we have seen this season the clock often beats us. So the talent is there the application is there but why in such short bursts and why not early in games.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

It’s interesting that if we score, we often score another within minutes. Happened last season too, but this season even more it seems.

Anyway, somehow we got the points, but it was a dreadful performance.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
And also what was Arsène waiting for to bring Campbell and Ox? the game was crying for them why he wait until we concede a goal to bring them.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

THunter said:
Flamini is getting away with murder here, look at him on their goal, he saw the striker free and instead of going and marking him he pointed to the **** for somebody else to mark him, despite the fact that Chambers was already marking the other Anderlecht player.

He plays a part in every ******* goal we concede.
I criticise Flamini more than anyone cost us a lot of points this season but you also have to question the centre backs where were they Monreal out to wide and Mertesacker filling in his spot. It was comical defending by everyone.

ScotVieira

Established Member
Our midfield is non-existent and that is the reason we always look so shaky.

Rambo and Jack are not strong players neither are they fast but they are always running forward to join the goals. That is why we are always in trouble when the opposition get possession. Something needs to give.

I would play Arteta and Flamini with Jack instead of playing Jack and Rambo. That will make us look more assured than this hopeless and shaky formation.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
yousif_arsenal said:
And also what was Arsène waiting for to bring Campbell and Ox? the game was crying for them why he wait until we concede a goal to bring them.

I don't know, but that's two sub appearances from Joel and two defeats turned into a draw and a win!!

THE MAN HAS A WINNING PRESENCE!! :p

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Poor performance from the boys against perhaps the weakest team in our group, when you look at the quality we have, turning in performances like that is just unacceptable.

Good points;
-Alexis Sanchez, world class player, game changer, Arsenal player.
-Damien Martinez, initially I thought he could've kept the header out, but tbf, it was a brilliant header. He made 2 or 3 saves at 1-0 which kept us in the game, proving himself adequate backup to Szczesny for the coming months.
-Poldi, Campbell, Ox- three players who turned the game for us, won't even start when everyone is fully fit, shows the depth we have in attack.
-There is a player in Joel Campbell, no doubt about it.

Bad Points;
-Despite Gibbo's goal (which I thought was sensational), defensively he's poor. He's never sure when to stick to a man or to allow room. At 25 he should have a nose for defending which he just doesn't seem to have.
-Our team defending on a whole is just poor, a few times the lads were just ball watching, gazing into the abyss, Mertesacker needs to find form quickly, he looked a pub player at times tonight.
-Our football, this to feet footy isn't penetrative enough. Not enough outlets, not enough passes into space, not using our pace enough. I did think we used the flanks better today and both our goals were a result of some good wing play, needs to be more of that and more attacking consistency.

Relieved to have grabbed all three points, means we still have a chance of winning the group. But man, up until the 88th or so minute it was dark, dark times.

Iceman10

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:

When does Arteta come back from injury? He plays it safe but at least he has ball security and the issue of lacking a motor is not so great in comparison (although still a major negative) as Flamini is losing 'pop' himself. I would also be looking at out of the box options such as Diaby, doubt he can be much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom