• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Anderlecht v Arsenal - 22/10/14, 19:45 - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Iceman10 said:
yousif_arsenal said:
also Flamini need to set of bench from now on the guy is awful yeah Arteta is slow but he is not stupid as Flamini.

When does Arteta come back from injury? He plays it safe but at least he has ball security and the issue of lacking a motor is not so great in comparison (although still a major negative) as Flamini is losing 'pop' himself. I would also be looking at out of the box options such as Diaby, doubt he can be much worse.

He is back and was on the bench against Hull City and today. i think he'll start against Sunderland.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I understand the negative feeling in general, but having a pop at the team when they win makes no sense to me. We haven't been playing well lately and although we haven't been losing we also haven't been winning. The confidence of a win can do absolute wonders. It builds momentum and confidence. We should all know that as we have experienced it year on year. Winning needs to be a habit. You don't just play poorly in 8 games and then have an amazing game. It starts with the result.

I guarantee if that had been Chelsea or Man City who had put in that kind of performance and got a result, it would be something along the lines of 'a performance of Champions, they didn't play well and still found a way to win, what great character'.

Too many times we have gone behind and failed to win. There are still issues, still negatives, but tonight was a huge positive.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Re: Tonight's game, what a borefest. No idea how Sanchez is managing to put in such great displays when the team that surrounds him is doing nothing.

Le Professeur

Established Member
Awful performance, utterly abject. Possibly the worst I've seen in about 6 years of watching Arsenal. No cohesion, no plan, no spirit, no guts, nada.

Couldn't even scream for the goals either as I was surrounded by Anderlecht fans, all in all probably the worst 70 euros I've ever spent.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I feel bad for Sanchez - he puts in such a shift every game (to be fair, Welbeck does aswell, he's just not as quality as Sanchez). So much heart and determination.

I hope Playmaker is right though - because we do need the win to build up some momentum and confidence, especially a late win at that. We need to put a few past Sunderland, seriously.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
DJ_Markstar said:
The Jury said:
Taylor Gang Gunners said:
Well, the MOBOS is on..

Jesse J's arse might be on display. The mrs is out as out as well. :bounce

She's butters, what's wrong with you?

457241766-singer-jessie-j-performs-at-el-rey-theatre-gettyimages.jpg

ljeh5.gif

Nomsayin?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Sack Gibbs and Flamini, don't give a **** who'll replace them, play with nine men I don't care, just don't want to see them anywhere near the team sheet. And while we're at it burn Alexis' contract too, lad doesn't deserve any of this bullshit

mo50

Established Member
That dummy Flamini tried to pull off in the first half had me rolling on the floor. How ****ing stupid is this guy? One of the many sackable offenses Wenger has committed over the past few months is giving this nutter match time.

Le Professeur

Established Member
:lol: this thread. Ah well. Better go to sleep.

Watching the highlights it seems we played a slight bit better than I imagined from the stands. Still not very good though obviously.

Suave Gooner89

Established Member
I find it extremely disconcerting that we're no longer able to keep clean sheets - we've been leaking goals regardless of who plays.

Still, my foremost concern is the football - fu*king tragic.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
The_Playmaker said:
I understand the negative feeling in general, but having a pop at the team when they win makes no sense to me. We haven't been playing well lately and although we haven't been losing we also haven't been winning. The confidence of a win can do absolute wonders. It builds momentum and confidence. We should all know that as we have experienced it year on year. Winning needs to be a habit. You don't just play poorly in 8 games and then have an amazing game. It starts with the result.

I guarantee if that had been Chelsea or Man City who had put in that kind of performance and got a result, it would be something along the lines of 'a performance of Champions, they didn't play well and still found a way to win, what great character'.

Too many times we have gone behind and failed to win. There are still issues, still negatives, but tonight was a huge positive.

I think there's a general apathy and antipathy amongst many on the site to the style in which we play nowadays and whilst happy for the result are concerned about the bigger picture.

The team can't defend, can't score enough and seems to make the same mistakes over and over again. All the time taking the same worn, furrowed route to goal which sees them squander possession somewhere 20 yds from goal most times without registering a strike at goal.

Only when the chips are down and it's the last roll of the dice, do we come up with any decent attacking play. We'll get caught out badly yet.

The team are plucky and have fight but are handcuffed by a system or style that appears unable to get the best out of them and hasn't for a while.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Agree with Playmaker, in that commentary on the team will definitely come with some emotional baggage to it.

One thing yesterday, where I was watching the game was that I had no sound. Just having a look at the game made things much clearer for me as I could analyse players as I saw them.

Not happy with the way we went about it but we got the needed result, our plan to finish top is still alive, no matter how small it may be.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Make no mistake, that performance was not just poor but a complete shambles, given the opposition. I won't imagine what would've happened, had Anderlecht scored the second goal from their big chance.

Not going to go deep into rating players, because bar Sanchez none had an even acceptable game (maybe Gibbs stands out a bit, though).

Three points in the end, but we're a very long way from improving. It seems that we took several steps bachwards, after the 2-2 against City a couple of weeks ago. Don't know what's happened there.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We were minutes away from arguably our most embarrassing defeat in Europe and managed to turn it into a win. If anything it relieves the pressure on Wenger slightly but he needs to send the team out to be as motivated and aggressive and deliver a convincing win.

At the end of the day it is a results business we got the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom