• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v West Ham United | April 22, 2018 13:30 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

AfTV will always divide the fans even with new manager I don't blame them but I blame the stupid people who listen to the crap AFTV say. What knowledge does Claude Tropz DT have outside the PL? they can't even pronounce managers players name right ffs

Even if we get Allegri or Ancelotti which seems like what they want. I'll give it three months (max) before they start questioning the manager.

I didn't realise that AFTV is such a powerful tool. Looking at those quotes by AW the divide has impacted him and the other at the club during the past couple of months.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I don't know what game you were watching either, tbh. Xhaka had one shot and strolled around for the rest of it. When El Neny went off, we had a really dodgy patch. Ramsey wasn't brilliant but he had quality moments.

Elite analysis there :lol: speaks volumes.

I don't have the stats in front of me but he would have touched the ball and made the most passes out of any player on the pitch quite comfortably.

If he's not on the pitch, West Ham run rings around us ffs.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
1. I relayed two things that I saw on my television and called them facts (which they were)

You're throwing me off here... Not sure about how @carlito'sway has processed this.

So the things said were factual or not? Because you relaying someones opinion and then saying it is a fact that that person/people said it yet not being clear if the content is factual is rather pointless in this context.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Even if we get Allegri or Ancelotti which seems like what they want. I'll give it three months (max) before they start questioning the manager.

I didn't realise that AFTV is such a powerful tool. Looking at those quotes by AW the divide has impacted him and the other at the club during the past couple of months.
Its became powerful because a lot of stupid arsenal fans start take the seriously I hope they just stop and just understand football much more better.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

o far from the example, you are saying that the things you posted were not factual, but it's a fact that those things were said...?
Exactly!

The panel believe he was pushed out.

The opinion: Wenger was pushed out
The fact: The panel said on live TV that they believe he was pushed out.

Does that make sense? I never at any point said 'oh NBC said he was pushed out so he was definitely pushed out'. People in a rush to argue with me not actually reading my posts.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Interesting, feels like he might then be eyeing at some position within the club. Would love for that to happen also on side job he could do all the interviews!
Not sure about that. When Shreeves asked,Wenger said he didn't know and it wasn't his decision to make. A clean break for a season may be best all round. I doubt the egos of Gazidis or Josh Kroenke will allow it any time soon.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Elite analysis there :lol: speaks volumes.

I don't have the stats in front of me but he would have touched the ball and made the most passes out of any player on the pitch quite comfortably.

If he's not on the pitch, West Ham run rings around us ffs.
Touching the ball and passes sideways, big woop. What a ringing endorsement that he stopped us from being overrun by Mark Nobless. Dunno what you saw bruv, but we were trash til Aubs came on and that's the end of it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Dude, again you don't know what facts mean. As others pointed out, you are confusing facts with opinions. You are conflicting them with your narrative and you have been doing it since yesterday. You are so transparent.
By the way, is that your pic in the profile, I always wanted to know what a douchebag looked like! ;)
At this stage I'm just laughing at you.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Exactly!

Does that make sense? I never at any point said 'oh NBC said he was pushed out so he was definitely pushed out'. People in a rush to argue with me not actually reading my posts.
Yes but it is pointless to call it a fact because the content is not factual.

When @American_Gooner pointed out about Ornsteins tweet being more of an opinion, I didn't say it was a fact that Ornstein said that nor did I defend it as a fact (once pointed out that it's his take on the situation).

carlito'sway

Established Member
You're throwing me off here... Not sure about how @carlito'sway has processed this.

So the things said were factual or not? Because you relaying someones opinion and then saying it is a fact that that person/people said it yet not being clear if the content is factual is rather pointless in this context.

Your point is correct mate. These guys expressed their opinions on TV this am. It is as simple as that. Some may want to run with them to support their narrative but those were just pundits speculations. None of theise guys came with any sources to corroborate anything.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member

Doesn't sound like a man who wanted to leave tbf.
But that's just my opinion :lol:
If you decide to end things with your spouse (mutual agreement or otherwise) after 2 ****ing decades... You are not going to find it easy to move on.

Come on lads... 22 years is a long time, to choose to leave takes monumental effort. To move on requires a lot more. How is this not simple to grasp (we all fall in love and have had breakups we found difficult to have... Doesn't mean you were dumped at every occasion).

IslingtonBornandbred

Exactly!

Does that make sense?

No it doesn't make sense.

Wenger woke up one sunny Friday morning at his home in Totteridge, got dressed, brushed his teeth and then thought as he was out the door "I'm going to resign today from the club that I love, the club that is my life and the club that I never want to leave".

What part of that don't you understand? You are not allowed to have your own view on it. You have to go by the official statement, and you have to ignore the news outlets and you have to ignore the fact that Gazidis and the board appointed two senior members of staff to help facilitate and prepare for the departure of Wenger despite the fact that in his own head he wasn't going anywhere. And if he did leave on his own accord, it's because he was self sacrificing himself because he wanted to leave last year but there wasn't enough structure in place. He's also not walking away with the money from his last year, that's a myth that's being reported that hasn't been leaked by the club or close sources.

FFS.

Just got back and was about to write what a lovely atmosphere it was today. Reminded me of the Highbury atmosphere because it was so relaxed and positive. The energy and vibe was like one of the games before or after we were champions in 02&04. Really refreshing. The only mention of Wenger was to sing "there's only one Arsène Wenger" and I come on here to check out the match-thread and still there's the same debates going on.

I've seen some posts the last couple of days that have just been a load of rubbish. For example, "Arsenal is a club of class, and that created by Arsène Wenger". I thought to myself, that's nonsense, Arsenal was known as a classy club who acted and did the right things decades before Wenger joined, yet I chose to ignore it because it's not worth it, yet the second somebody posts something about Wenger potentially or most likely being asked to step down/told the club wants to go in a different direction the propaganda merchants get involved and pounce like wild dogs. Just let people discuss and have their own opinion, you don't to debunk everything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom