• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Newcastle United v Arsenal | April 15, 2018 13:30 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pacstud

I know but you know 2-0 up in first 20 minutes could've changed the game
If we need a two goal lead to put forth effort and challenge the 50/50 balls, then it's a bad squad.

Side note: it was a bad squad today.

It was a weakened XI with no leadership and sporadic courage. It's clear we're taking the manu path and putting all our eggs in the EL tilts.

If it works, great. If not...

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
If we need a two goal lead to put forth effort and challenge the 50/50 balls, then it's a bad squad.

Side note: it was a bad squad today.

It was a weakened XI with no leadership and sporadic courage. It's clear we're taking the manu path and putting all our eggs in the EL tilts.

If it works, great. If not...
The fans don't like it but there is little difference between 5th and 7th.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Seriously though, we are 2 points and a trashing in Madrid away from not competing in ANY European competition next season. However sad it is, the 6th place is still to be achieved.
Is that a bad thing?? Really this club and the ranch man need a wake up call big time!!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I didnt watch the game, clearing out the shed seemed more appealing. I said we could drop points here and I selected a draw. Burnley have a very good chance to over take us now as we have Utd away between the EL semi's and we also play Burnley. Wenger in danger of leaving the club with us in 7th, how the mighty fall!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Squad cost
:lol::lol::lol: Who said this?
****ing had enough of this squad cost ****.

But then went on to say

Squad cost.

There's going to be a squad cost argument in a minute

Squad cost

Squad cost. Doesn't get more unpopular then that.

Stick to talking about squad cost.

Don't be silly. Squad cost.

Well, we have to keep the squad cost up somehow.

Squad cost threatens the very existence of football.

Think this squad cost thing has dragged on far too long now. People repeating things that have been said over and over in other threads.

Here's my contribution
Squad cost.

:lol:Stopping there because there's dozens and dozens of them :lol:

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The fans don't like it but there is little difference between 5th and 7th.
5th gets you into the EL group stages, 7th means you'd have to play in the third-round qualifying stage before the PL season begins putting even more importance on the pre-season (where most of the first-team will be missing due to the WC).

CanadianGooner1608

I hope Wenger continue to blood in the youngsters. That greek defender we signed could easily be playing and making mistakes like Mustafi, at least he would be gaining experience.

Maitland-Niles should get playing time until end of season. Chambers was good in first half but lost the grip of the game a little in the second. He should also be in the mix. Holding is decent and should get more chances to impress.

Drop Mustafi, Elneny, Monreal, Lacazette for the PL games. Tell them they might be sold in the summer because failing to impress in the summer.

Agree with most of this.
I'd leave Elneny and Laca out of it though.
Elneny has been on an upward run of form, and a welcomed aura of presence and stability.
Lacazette seems to be getting (albeit slowly) the gist of what scoring in the epl entails. He looks like he's been hitting the gym lately, which is good.
Love Nacho, but he is part of an ageing defense that we absolutely need to rejuvenate and improve.
Mustafi still has bipolar performances, and need to sort them out or just go away.

Positives from this game includes giving game time to our youngsters. AMN in particular was a welcome presence. Eddie needs more than five minutes on the pitch.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Let me make sure I got this right, you are hoping we get a beating va Atletico so the Board can fire Wenger? o_O

Yes I do, unfortunately.
If it's the only way for the board to move on, then yes.

I can't stand another season like this one. Watching the great potential this club have getting wasted by a coach who has been underperforming lately, players that are simply not good enough, and a board who doesn't care.

pacstud

No, wanking.
PaleAmazingGalapagossealion-size_restricted.gif

Gunners4life

Definitely Not RonaldoMadness
Can't believe people are making excuses for a loss to Newcastle or all clubs.

Look at the team when we had Pires, Toure, Patrick, Henry, Bergkamp in the side

Come on they wouldn't be embarrassed like this even if it wasnt the strongest starting 11

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Can't believe people are making excuses for a loss to Newcastle or all clubs.

Look at the team when we had Pires, Toure, Patrick, Henry, Bergkamp in the side

Come on they wouldn't be embarrassed like this even if it wasnt the strongest starting 11
Tbf, it's not people making excuses. It's Makingtrax. His views are completely redundant at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom