• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Buendia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Has there ever been anything to this? Seems more of a wish list by the fans rather than anything concrete.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'm worried this guy is our first 11 attacking midfield signing for the next few seasons. If its a case if Buendia this January and no one in the summer, just go with Smith Rowe till then end of the season, then have a proper go at an Aouar type signing in the summer.

There remains the possibility that Buendia is also really good and he's just playing in a less prestigious shirt. And if you could buy for example Buendia and Bissouma for roughly the amount you'd pay for Aouar then isn't that good squad building?

I think Arteta still probably wants Aouar, maybe as a long-term partner for Partey, but wanting and getting are different things. We could finish outside the European places and we could be competing for his signature in the summer with the likes of City, Juve or Madrid. Isn't it a bit silly to pass up the chance for Buendia to wait for a player you might have no hope of signing anyway?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I agree with you regarding ESR, he's done well but physically he struggles later on in games, needs to build his fitness up.

Regarding Buendia, I'm not so sure. I'd rather the club wait and get their first choice targets, rather then go for stop gap signings that become deadwood in the future. I'm not saying that will happen with Buendia, but the recent past has told us to try and avoid situations like that.

I don't know what you are referring to here, we haven't dont much of clever deals such as Buendia in the past. We actually have missed out on them, which was the issue.

Guy's had supreme stats in every department in the PL, is tearing it up now and looks a complete midfielder.

He would not have any issues to hit the ground running in the league, is physical, great defensively and in offense as well + can play in multiple positions.
Has immense ability in tight areas, looks okay'ish in terms of pace, has a great shot, extremely good passing ability and vision..

Except for age, I'd actually say that Buendia looks the better player than Aouar for less money. He's just more under the radar.

Besides of all this, his youtube compilations give proof to all the stats. Pretty much one of the most impressive and complete compilations for a modern cazorla type midfielder I could watch.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I don't know what you are referring to here, we haven't dont much of clever deals such as Buendia in the past. We actually have missed out on them, which was the issue.

Guy's had supreme stats in every department in the PL, is tearing it up now and looks a complete midfielder.

He would not have any issues to hit the ground running in the league, is physical, great defensively and in offense as well + can play in multiple positions.
Has immense ability in tight areas, looks okay'ish in terms of pace, has a great shot, extremely good passing ability and vision..

Except for age, I'd actually say that Buendia looks the better player than Aouar for less money. He's just more under the radar.

Besides of all this, his youtube compilations give proof to all the stats. Pretty much one of the most impressive and complete compilations for a modern cazorla type midfielder I could watch.

Yep, his only significant downside is his attitude and lack of discipline, but the same thing could be levelled at Aouar or Brandt. Aouar refused to train and Brandt is accused of being mentally weak. At least we know Buendia can do defensive work and handle the physicality of the league, which we don't necessarily know for the other two.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There remains the possibility that Buendia is also really good and he's just playing in a less prestigious shirt. And if you could buy for example Buendia and Bissouma for roughly the amount you'd pay for Aouar then isn't that good squad building?

I think Arteta still probably wants Aouar, maybe as a long-term partner for Partey, but wanting and getting are different things. We could finish outside the European places and we could be competing for his signature in the summer with the likes of City, Juve or Madrid. Isn't it a bit silly to pass up the chance for Buendia to wait for a player you might have no hope of signing anyway?

It obviously depends how good they think Aouar and Buendia are respectively. If they think Aouar is significantly better, and would be a top PL player, then pay the extra money for him. I just don't want a scenario where signing Buendia prevents us making an effort to sign a top player in that position in the summer.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
It obviously depends how good they think Aouar and Buendia are respectively. If they think Aouar is significantly better, and would be a top PL player, then pay the extra money for him. I just don't want a scenario where signing Buendia prevents us making an effort to sign a top player in that position in the summer.
No need to sign Buendia.

For what purpose? Are we gonna win tge league? No

Top 4, nope after the barren run of form we had.

We showed we will not get relegated, so just work with what you have and clear deadwood.

Assess Arteta end of season now if he met expectations.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
No need to sign Buendia.

We showed we will not get relegated, so just work with what you have and clear deadwood.

He may help us with winning the EL. If we did that it would be a game changer. CL next season, more chance of signing top players.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

When I watched him last season he never really stood out to me despite his stats being impressive, although admittedly I only watched a few games. If you vouch for his ability then fair enough, won't dispute that, I just haven't seen enough.

I think the fact no PL clubs were really in for him is a bit of a warning sign as well. To be honest I think he'd probably improve us in the short term, but long term is he a started for a top 4 PL team? I have doubts.

I'm referring to us going for back up targets and it cost us in the long run. None of Xhaka/Mustafi/Lacazette were first choice and they've cost us in the long run. Even the likes of Lucas Perez caused the club to bleed money.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No need to sign Buendia.

Agreed, prior to ESR's emergence I would have said go for a player in that position. But now if rather just keep the money for the summer. If we sign Buendia now, we will be in a dilemma in the summer. If we go for a top player in the summer in that position, where does that leave ESR? He'd be third choice and he certainly doesn't deserve that.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Imagine not getting a creative player if they can't sell Özil

Hes not ever coming back in the squad so can’t imagine offloading him will hinder bringing in an attacking mid. Buendia will jump at the chance to join Arsenal. We’ll get him if we really want.

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Hes not ever coming back in the squad so can’t imagine offloading him will hinder bringing in an attacking mid. Buendia will jump at the chance to join Arsenal. We’ll get him if we really want.
Can always count on you to reassure me, you fat mess.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Cant help but think why don't we just bring Özil back, go with Özil/ESR in that position till the end of the season. Can anyone say for certain Buendia would come in and in short term offer the team significantly more than Özil? Don't forget there will be be an adaptation period as well. If the club actually rate him that highly, go for him in the summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Özil or not if we shift Mustafi and Sokratis it'll free us a space and about 150K a week to get a signing. we all know Özil is not going so don't bother.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Cant help but think why don't we just bring Özil back, go with Özil/ESR in that position till the end of the season. Can anyone say for certain Buendia would come in and in short term offer the team significantly more than Özil? Don't forget there will be be an adaptation period as well. If the club actually rate him that highly, go for him in the summer.
what the point bring player who is unmotivated leaving in few months he not going to offer you anything good we need to move on from him.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Imagine not getting a creative player if they can't sell Özil

Strange situation with Papa, we'll surely terminate his contract by mutual agreement, don't see how we can't just do it now and move on from there.

Özil is a different scenario, but the bonuses he'd get for us terminating his contract can't be that prohibitive, can they?

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom