• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Buendia

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
One thing I am seeing a lot is suggestions of Buendia + 1 for AM. Even with Buendia (and even if 433) I start to think about impacts on Pepe, but that is all manageable, but if we bring one more in that potentially impacts both Pepe and Martinelli, especially if neither Laca or Auba leave this summer.

Regarding freedom to roam across our AM line, the overall balance with full backs and CM personnel is something to think about. I do like Buendia's energy to burn to even help out with defence, as well as pressing, that is something Arteta should like.
To me. Pepe is our most dangerous player and probably our best finisher. Whatever starting formation we play, there are certain players who just need to be in certain positions. Pepe and Martinelli need to be able to arrive in the box. Tierney needs to be wide and too the byline which means we need the same on the right. You then need a central pivot who can run in behind and be a threat in the air. Then depending on the situation you decide who the midfield 3 will be.

Tierney------Martinelli-------Pepe--------new RB
-----------------------------new cf

Bissouma, Partey, Buendia or ESR, Bissouma, Buendia. It's probably why Camavinga would be perfect. He allows you to go between a 4231 and 433.

The problem is Auba and Laca. They take up starting places in the wrong manner. The truth is both of them don't fit and we are stuck with them until we get rid of them both.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
To me. Pepe is our most dangerous player and probably our best finisher. Whatever starting formation we play, there are certain players who just need to be in certain positions. Pepe and Martinelli need to be able to arrive in the box. Tierney needs to be wide and too the byline which means we need the same on the right. You then need a central pivot who can run in behind and be a threat in the air. Then depending on the situation you decide who the midfield 3 will be.

Tierney------Martinelli-------Pepe--------new RB
-----------------------------new cf

Bissouma, Partey, Buendia or ESR, Bissouma, Buendia. It's probably why Camavinga would be perfect. He allows you to go between a 4231 and 433.

The problem is Auba and Laca. They take up starting places in the wrong manner. The truth is both of them don't fit and we are stuck with them until we get rid of them both.
would put Saka in his best position also, one Martinelli is having, but I like how you use your cf. reason shy I prefer to keep Laca not Auba

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

40m for Buendia is really too much but if they want him they should just go sign him.

I'd say try to push if for 30m and 10m for addons such as qualifying for CL or so.
With a bit of desire from the player, this might be working, he's been clearly looking to move on after going up, it's his natural desire.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

40m for Buendia is really too much but if they want him they should just go sign him.

I am relatively confident that we get a good chunk of money to spend, and it isnt because of Kroenke's good will for the sport, but to preserve the value of the club.

However, seeing us trying to spend a big chunk of it for a CB really has me go down in confidence.
It's just such an irrelevant signing and it means Saliba is going to be pushed away - the money will be there, we probably dont invest it that wisely again.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Buendia expected to leave Norwich with Arsenal and Aston Villa keeping tabs

Now that the domestic season is over in Europe’s top divisions, clubs will step up their summer transfer plans and few players have been more heavily linked with a move than Emiliano Buendia.

Despite winning promotion to the Premier League with Norwich City, the 24-year-old attacking midfielder is the subject of well-documented interest from teams such as Arsenal and Aston Villa. And it is not only English sides who have their eye on Buendia — a major continental outfit are believed to have enquired last week, following his maiden call-up to the senior Argentina squad.

It has all the makings of a classic tug-of-war as Norwich seek to keep the creator at Carrow Road and suitors attempt to prise him away, but on this occasion, that probably won’t be the case.

The Athletic understands that Buendia and his employers accept this is the right time for him to take the next step in his career and the expectation is that he will depart in the upcoming market.

It will require a fee of more than £40 million and some of the proceeds must go to Getafe, from where Norwich secured Buendia for €1.5 million two years ago, as the deal included a sell-on clause. But when his age, profile, statistics and experience of British football are taken into consideration and compared to those of other potential signings, it seems to represent decent value for money.

Neither Norwich nor Buendia wants the situation running into next season, but they are in no rush and know their options should increase once admirers clarify their recruitment ideas and budgets.

Arsenal technical director Edu and manager Mikel Arteta think highly of the Championship player of the year and could take it further if they do not land their first-choice target Martin Ødegaard.

That position is among Arsenal’s priorities, as has been right centre-back. They covet Sevilla’s Jules Kounde but may struggle to attract the 22-year-old Frenchman, who will cost around £50 million and is likely to want Champions League football.

Buendia is also a candidate for Aston Villa as they look to strengthen in forward areas after Trezeguet suffered a serious knee injury last month and Ross Barkley’s loan spell came to an end.

Villa have watched Buendia closely and are familiar with buying talents who have shone in the second tier, although it is unclear if Buendia will be their final pick. Whomever that proves to be, the intention at Villa Park is for them to play alongside Grealish rather than replace him.

Norwich are still to receive any formal offers but if a suitable bid arrives they will not stand in Buendia’s way. The same applies to team-mates such as Max Aarons and Todd Cantwell. Internal or external replacements would be sourced and that way of working is key to the club’s model.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I watched all season for Watford and he's been arguably player of the championship. Very aggressive and to me, he suits Arteta to a T.

Are you guys aware that he's mostly played on the right midfield? not necessarily as a winger, but he's their widest right player every time I've seen them. Is there any indication that he is going to be used centrally for Arteta?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Buendia more suit us than Ødegaard because of him capable of playing RW and AM i read he naturally better as RW. Ødegaard is good too his loan was positive apart from few games i'll be happy if we end up with either of them to be fair both will add creativity goals and assists.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Ødegaard being our number 1 creative signing fills me with anger.
Because we trying to loan him again. Everything is about money. Even our fans are about the money. I want buendia but not at 40 million. I take him at 30 million is typical nonsense I hear. Like the quality of player don’t matter it’s all business. We are better of buying 3 players we believe can really improve us rather than 6 good players who improve the squad. We have no European football to worry about. It’s all about the league. So squad size has never mattered less. We could potentially play 40 games next season 19 less than this season

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I can understand why Ødegaard would be first choice. Slots into the 10 role instantly, whereas Buendia plays more from the right and tbh Pepe should be starting every game from the right with the form he's in. Other than Ødegaard I can't really think of another out and out 10 we could go for that would come here with no European football.

Its brutal out there for that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom