• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Buendia

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

From the Norwich forum:

"We are going to have to get use to this, it isn’t the first and won’t be the last, and not just for Buendia either. In fact, we all need to get use to the idea that it’s very likely one of the Crown Jewels (probably Max) is likely to be linked and then that will be that, a deal done and his chapter at Norwich closed.

Couple of key points; Real Madrid find themselves at a bit of a cross roads, a lot of older players on one hand so they might want to hold onto Arsenals main target, but with the collapse of the super league seeing them in a financial mess and them likely to lose the title to their rivals Atletico will put them in a position where they will need to sign someone like Haaland or Mbape to keep the fans happy. That means they are going to have to shift players and 40 million for a previous fringe player might be too tempting.

The other is our resolve and the financial stability brought by potentially selling Max. If we do get a 30 million fee and Aarons heads on then we are even more in a position to hardball a team like Arsenal. We won’t need the money in comparison to the disruption it could cause and we would still be able to enter the market with the transfer fee we had already obtained, so that motivation would also be gone. I think with the Argentina call up already on the cards, Webber knows that Emi is just a 8-10 goal and 8-10 assist season away from a 50-60 million pound move next summer."

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Think Delia will let Aarons go by the way, was willing to do a loan deal with an obligation last summer. He stayed and helped get them promoted so I think she’ll accept a £20m deal.

Think he’s **** like.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Sure it's the Championship but there's precedent for players going from that league and becoming top top players. 40m sounds fair. If he pulls on an Arsenal shirt and starts doing in the PL what he was doing in the Championship last season, trust me people are gonna say 40m was very reasonable. It's all about perception, to me he looks like a player just on the other side of the line, about to break out. Once he does, everyone's perception changes and he gets the elite label. We keep saying we need to buy them just before that moment. Well, this is that time.

E1HEAE_XEAc3qL1

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Buendia is what I'd call an astute signing. You'd take him over anyone abroad in the same position for the price being touted.

Only other player I'd probably take ahead of him is Grealish.

Gn1212

No joke I don’t think 40M for Buendia is much tbh, especially in this market.
It's really not. Norwich almost collapsed back in January-February when his form slightly dropped and then he got suspended. It looked like Brentford would've overtook them and they could've slipped back to the playoffs spots even.
Buendia returned and he took them by the scruff of the neck and won them the Championship. He somehow got even better in the second half of the season.

There is no doubt selling Buendia would most likely blow their chances of staying in the PL. Unfortunately, they're Norwich and their model doesn't allow them to hang on to their assets for long so...

Bloodbather

Established Member

Should've signed him last season after Norwich got relegated. Not in the position of power that would have been then.

The biggest selling point about Buendia as an option is his versatility, imo. He can play anywhere as an attacking midfielder, can be used in a 3 if we ever switch to a 4-3-3, etc. Makes a lot of sense especially with ESR and Saka also being versatile in the same way. You could move them around seamlessly.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Maddison cost Leicester 20m with similar goals but half the assists. He wasn't tried or tested in the PL. 20m more for PL experience and better assists figures would be about right normal times. However with Covid problems 30-35m could work. Especially if he says I want to go.

Malky

Established Member
I don't even think that first bits true tbh.
Put Ødegaard in Norwich’s team that was relegated last season and he’d do **** all, just let games pass him by. Despite being relegated Buendia was putting up ridiculous numbers, mans a baller. Ødegaard hasn’t done anything here worth the hype.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Seems their fans think that their resolve would harden if they sell Aarons first. Not sure how easy it will be for them to hold onto Buendia anyhow:

"If we keep hold of either Max or Emi this summer, that would be fantastic. Keeping both would be almost beyond belief. Emi, in particular, is 24 and has taken a rather circuitous route to his current position. Time is of the essence, and I would be delighted and astonished in equal measure if he's still here in September. Aarons, at 21, might consider waiting out one more year to ensure he gets the right club. If one of them goes, though, the offer for the other will have to be astronomical for us to consider selling this summer. If they both leave, we should be bringing in an absolute minimum of £70m."

Last edited:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I think this one makes a lot of sense and ticks a lot of boxes. Can cover for CM/RW, has done it in the league and the price is about right.

As @GoonerJeeves just posted from their forum, as soon as one of the three is sold, the time and price to get the other two becomes more of an issue.

Leicester would have had this transfer on lock if they were after him. As others have pointed out, we need to have 2-3 ins (CM/RB/AM) in before the Euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom