• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Buendia

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yeah that's why he never won big trophies and got slapped in big games over and over towards the end of his career :lol: :lol:

You need balance in the team, wether that's a destroyer at CM among the "ballers" or a top level striker to finish things off or simply a solid defence and base to work from.

Wenger had ballers, the players you mentioned aren't ballers. Two wingers who are insanely left footed whereas Arsène always had a Nasri or a Santi sort in there somewhere out wide. That was the balance, one proper winger and one number 10 type winger.

Raphinha and Pepe aren’t ballers? What did you eat for breakfast? Because they are the definition of absolute ballers. Those are the sort of players that people pay money to watch not some trash footballer like Willian who you were twerking for and just spams crosses.

I agree about the balance part but it’s pointless bringing in players that just spam crosses into the box. We’ve got Aubameyang and Lacazette waiting in the box. We need ballers that have the opposition fullbacks running scared.

And also put some respect on our greatest ever manager. You’re sounding like an opposition fan the way you’re disrespecting Arsène Wenger but I’m not surprised since you’re an Arteta fanboy.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Good player and think he would be a good signing but for 40m I wouldn't be keen. 40m for a player from a Championship team, a player who probably has said to Norwich look I've done all I can for you let me go should be gettable for 25-30m. 40m for me is too much.

I don't think any of our young players would fancy Norwich but something like 50m plus say Nelson for Buendia and Aarons would be good for us and maybe enough for them if the players actively have said they want to go.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Raphinha and Pepe aren’t ballers? What did you eat for breakfast? Because they are the definition of absolute ballers. Those are the sort of players that people pay money to watch not some trash footballer like Willian who you were twerking for and just spams crosses.

I agree about the balance part but it’s pointless bringing in players that just spam crosses into the box. We’ve got Aubameyang and Lacazette waiting in the box. We need ballers that have the opposition fullbacks running scared.

And also put some respect on our greatest ever manager. You’re sounding like an opposition fan the way you’re disrespecting Arsène Wenger but I’m not surprised since you’re an Arteta fanboy.

They're out and out wingers, sometimes Pepe looks like he couldn't dribble his way out the desert. For me a "baller" is a Cazorla, and in that essence Buendia is the closest thing I've seen to Cazorla in a very long time. Willian is a good player, just can't be arsed here, nothing more nothing less.

I always respect Arsène for what he did between when he arrived and 2013, that was absolutely elite. After that with the money spent he failed, and I am well within my right to say that it failed. That isn't disrespecting, that's having an opinion based on what I saw at the time.

Stop trying to nit pick, we're trying to have a decent conversation but you simply can't do that without nit picking and trying to rile people up. So odd.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Norwich seems to run a similar model to WBA. Self-sufficient selling club with contracts with relegation clauses in regards to wages.

I'm sure they'll be willing to do business.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

They're out and out wingers, sometimes Pepe looks like he couldn't dribble his way out the desert. For me a "baller" is a Cazorla, and in that essence Buendia is the closest thing I've seen to Cazorla in a very long time. Willian is a good player, just can't be arsed here, nothing more nothing less.

I always respect Arsène for what he did between when he arrived and 2013, that was absolutely elite. After that with the money spent he failed, and I am well within my right to say that it failed. That isn't disrespecting, that's having an opinion based on what I saw at the time.

Stop trying to nit pick, we're trying to have a decent conversation but you simply can't do that without nit picking and trying to rile people up. So odd.

I was referring to a baller as in a flair player, someone that can produce a moment of magic from nothing and both Raphinha and Pepe are those sorts of players.

Look at the clip below, he made something out of nothing. How many of our players would turn back and play the ball back to the fullback? Then to the other wing and then back again. It happened countless against Villarreal.

tenor.gif

Also, Willian is dog*****. Absolutely horrendous signing. He’s also a turn back merchant too since he runs out of ideas.

So, why isn’t Arteta getting that same treatment then? You were backing him for large parts of the season even though we’ve had our worst season of all time. Arteta is the WOAT yet you find it easy to criticise Arsène Wenger.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I was referring to a baller as in a flair player, someone that can produce a moment of magic from nothing and both Raphinha and Pepe are those sorts of players.

Look at the clip below, he made something out of nothing. How many of our players would turn back and play the ball back to the fullback? Then to the other wing and then back again. It happened countless against Villarreal.

tenor.gif

Also, Willian is dog*****. Absolutely horrendous signing. He’s also a turn back merchant too since he runs out of ideas.

In that respect I think Raphinha is far better than Pepe, Pepe is more of a natural finisher in my opinion. So maybe they'd work on opposite flanks. I'm not sure Raph would really be attainable for us though, sadly.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

In that respect I think Raphinha is far better than Pepe, Pepe is more of a natural finisher in my opinion. So maybe they'd work on opposite flanks. I'm not sure Raph would really be attainable for us though, sadly.

I was reading on Twitter that Utd and City are interested and Leeds want €40m for him.

It’ll be interesting to see if Utd opt for Raphinha over Sancho.

Token Yank

Should have used the throw away Europa league games to play Pepe at CF but we have LEGO head.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
60m combined for aarons n buendia should do it if we are fast enough and give them time to buy replacements and also before other clubs come in
Just don't be passive for once arsenal

Gn1212

Must admit, I have never seen him play. Is he as good as people make out?

I don't think he will be cheap. With the money the promoted teams get they won't be in any financial rush to sell imo. Aswell as keeping one of their best players for the season ahead.
Not to overhype him but he is even better than people make out. Truly special player.
Have no doubt Arsenal fans will love him.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Not at all surprised, this is why I think it's very unlikely to happen. Norwich are in a position of power, they don't need to sell and probably don't want to sell.

I hope we aren't stupid enough to pay what it would take to tempt them.
If he rocks up and say I want to leave they have no choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom