• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Buendia

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcahill

Absolute monster of a player. We could of nabbed him for 20 mill last season but instead put it into Willian's wage fund.

Understand that some thought it was too much of a risk then but he had great stats in a crap team and passed the eye test to back it all up.

Hopefully we get this done soon before he keeps balling in the Premier league and Norwich start asking for Grealish prices.

Legend14

Established Member
I couldn’t figure out why Saka was playing on the left last match. I think Buendia plays on the right. If so, he is the #1 or #2 target for Arsenal in my opinion. Sometimes, numbers don’t lie and this guy has serious creativity creds. Who has better?

1. Bissouma
2. Buendia

60m spend. We’ll land them both.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Looking at the cost of Buendia I think 30+10 in add-ons would be fair. Benrahma went for an initial loan fee of 5m with an obligation to buy for 20m + 5m in add-ons if I'm not mistaken.

Benrahma in his last two Championship seasons had 17g 9a and 10g 15a. First PL campaign 1g 6a
Buendia in his last two Championship seasons had 15g 17a and 8g 12a. First PL campaign 1g 7a

Question here is how much premium the promotion to PL and the funds that come with it is worth

Iceman10

Established Member
Headlines and write-ups like this concern me, even if we don't know which are true. I don't know at what price buying Ødegaard would beat 35m for Buendia, but I'm not sure it would be anything realistic from Real Madrid's end. At this point we need something more permanent as part of a squad rebuild than any loan extension without any buyout clause. We have to know our targets and be decisive, ideally to swoop in June and not run into complications while Copa and Euros are ongoing.

If we're not going for Grealish then in my view Buendia clearly beats out both Aouar and Ødegaard. Aouar hasn't proven he has personality and character to fight through adversity to lift players around him, and floor vs. ceiling for Ødegaard is probably still too wide, not helped by his injury during his half season loan spell.

I like Buendia and we can’t have too many creative players. The fact he can play wide or centrally is a bonus also.

But don’t be signing players like these without signing a partner for Partey. Pointless signing otherwise. Get that done first in my opinion.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I'd have went for him last summer as he was impressive despite the relegation but I'm not sure if he'd have got the same opportunities in our side as he would coming in this summer. Ok we'll pay a bit more but he's had a full season of football behind him and his confidence will be sky high with the season he's had capped off with an Argentina call up.

I've watched Norwich a lot this season and he's been on fire, every game he'll do something to effect the game. Would be a great signing. The advantage he even has over players like Jota and Maddison when they made the step us is that he's already played a season in the PL and we saw how quickly they settled in anyway.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Wonder why Liverpool is not interested in him, but at least Manchester clubs and Chelsea don't need him so the price shouldn't bee too high

Iceman10

Established Member
Useful heat map and stats analysis starts around 7:30 into this video, comparing with ESR, Ødegaard, and Grealish. Buendia's energy and dynamism is stand out. Passing accuracy isn't as high as Ødegaard and ESR, which could just represent risk taking with assists, but would have to change if he plays a deeper role in midfield which some at A-M have discussed; not something I have advocated.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
What we definitely shouldn't be doing is the sort of thing we'd do fairly frequently in the Wenger / Gazidis years. Lowball them with an offensively low opening bid to the point it makes them not want to do business with us at all.

Not saying we should go in and immediately offer them what they want but the opening bid shouldn't be less than £20m. If Buendia is our top target let's try to get this done and dusted before the Euro's.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Wonder why Liverpool is not interested in him, but at least Manchester clubs and Chelsea don't need him so the price shouldn't bee too high

I think he would suit Liverpool but they have a stupid amount of midfielders, they need to get rid of a few before signing more I would say.

Wijnaldum, Thiago, Henderson, Keita, Ox, Milner, Fabinho, Jones, Shaqiri, Woodburn, Grujic

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
They're saying the Olympics are still going ahead in Tokyo...m*dness
Lots of discussion in Japan about that, though. Definitely not a foregone conclusion it will go through.

So who does he bench?

ESR, Pepe?
We'd rotate ESR, Saka, Pepe and Buendia across three positions (LW, RW, CAM). All of them can play in at least two positions (Saka in all). Would be good to have four more or less equal options in those important positions.
Absolute monster of a player. We could of nabbed him for 20 mill last season but instead put it into Willian's wage fund.
I can't quite remember how the summer went, but I doubt we could've gotten him for 20mil. I did advocate for him all summer, as I was really impressed whenever I saw a Norwich game, but I think if he could've gone for 20 he would've gone.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Best example imo was the Brentford game which effectively sealed the title for them:

Feels like the kind of player that would become a favourite at the Emirates and actually deserve it unlike Ceballos after that game against Burnley
The partnership he has with Pukki is almost telepathic. That's something you'd hope he'd be able to replicate with an Auba or Gabi.

Goonger

The partnership he has with Pukki is almost telepathic. That's something you'd hope he'd be able to replicate with an Auba or Gabi.

Yeah, the through balls for Pukki alone are unreal, & he plays a lot of them nice & early, no turning back constantly with safe possession.

Of course, he needs that forward to be a willing runner, & that's my concern, that Auba has almost lost that with the way we play our football. However, he's had a similar understanding with Micky before, so he really should understand the benefits for him if he can replicate that, that's is of course if we get Buendia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom