• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Buendia

Status
Not open for further replies.

REWB

agree thought the covid would make clubs back to realistic values but no they still going with over valuing their players.
Clubs dont NEED the money anymore, thats why even small clubs like Norwich can ask for whatever they want. Back in the old days they actually needed the moeny.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I guess no matter what league you play if you get 30 G/A in season you automatic worth 30M plus specially when that player is under 25 years old. Buendia had decent season in PL and MVP season in Championship he is risk worth taking he already settled in england knows how tough the PL is so he won't need time to get use to play in england. Norwich will sell between 30-35M even tho in my opinion his real Value must be 25M max but clubs will always ask more money specially from clubs who have owners worth 10B.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I've been torn on Buendia because a bid high enough to tempt Norwich will be more than I would be willing to pay.

He was an interesting option at the £20m initially quoted 6+ months ago but at the £40m (including add ons) that it will probably take it's a massive gamble.
Why you talking like it’s your money. I never hear fans of other big clubs say I want this player for this amount but not this amount. Only Arsenal fans move like accountants. Is buendia our nr 1 target for attacking midfield position? Do we thing he is gonna improve us? Then 30 million or 40 million don’t make any difference. If the so called experts we have in the club has concluded he is the best option we can get and he is not worth 40 million then we have serious problems

Iceman10

Established Member
Why you talking like it’s your money. I never hear fans of other big clubs say I want this player for this amount but not this amount. Only Arsenal fans move like accountants. Is buendia our nr 1 target for attacking midfield position? Do we thing he is gonna improve us? Then 30 million or 40 million don’t make any difference. If the so called experts we have in the club has concluded he is the best option we can get and he is not worth 40 million then we have serious problems
The only reason we negotiate a bit for this is to set the tone with other clubs for further transfers, but yeah, I'm sure we can meet in the middle for an agreement and there should be no excuse not to with Kroenke/Arteta promises for big transfer activity this summer.

benjamin86

Established Member
31 goal contributions and 14 MotM in 39 games for Buendia.

Watkins cost 28-33m last season, so it's not surprising Norwich would ask for a little more.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

40 million is fine. I saw quotes of 50 million for the stuff Norwegian and Buendia offers far more than the odd through ball every 10 games.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Scarred by 15 years of penny pinching since we left Highbury probably. 🤣

We have so many holes in our squad and owners with deep pockets but short arms so it's hard not scrutinize every penny.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Scarred by 15 years of penny pinching since we left Highbury probably. 🤣

We have so many holes in our squad and owners with deep pockets but short arms so it's hard not scrutinize every penny.
One thing i learned about this club is none of the wholes get fully closed. We half close severs holes and with time they open again. We need to think of quality rather than quantity. Specially now we have no European football. Get 3 40 million players and just focus on 3 positions. And sell 7-8 players and go from there

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

For some reason they seem to absolutely loathe Villa... was not aware there was any sort of rivalry there.

benjamin86

Established Member
Norwich fans are calling for £50m Emi

That's a lot of combined harvesters...
The thing the fans probably arn't thinking about is Norwich probably attract players as being a stepping stone to another premiership club, if they make it too hard to leave then players won't want to join. (Watford do the same)

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The thing the fans probably arn't thinking about is Norwich probably attract players as being a stepping stone to another premiership club, if they make it too hard to leave then players won't want to join. (Watford do the same)
That has been mentioned by some on their forum.

benjamin86

Established Member
That has been mentioned by some on their forum.
Ah ok! I went through this with Watford fans when they were selling Richarlison and Doucoure. As a club, they've got to be seen to be selling at a "fair valuation" to continue to attract the type of players they want.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I don’t buy Ødegaard being our number 1 target anymore really, was probably just PR talk to try and finalise Buendia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom