• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Buendia

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He isn't proven at all. He's just played in The League before. He wasn't even a guaranteed starter for Norwich at stages last season.

Played 36 and started 28 in the league.... Had superb attacking stats and played well in general. He proved himself in the league

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Grealish 8 assists, 6 goals, kept his team up and genuinely looked a class act.

Buendia looked okay. Prem level like Aarons and Cantwell but nothing special.

truth_hurts

Didn't mean goal and assists on its own. I suggest you watch him play.

I did and he didn't really stand out. Aarons, Cantwell and for about a 5 game stretch Pukki did.

It's such a weak argument to say watch him. What are people seeing in Buendia can somebody actually explain what justifies splashing 25m plus on a guy NOBODY took from a relegated side?

truth_hurts

One would cost £80M or more the other £20-25M. That's the exact difference you're talking about.

Grealish is far better than Buendia. I'm trying to think of a player in a struggling side last year who is comparable.

I've seen lazy comparisons to Gini at Newcastle, but his stats were far better than Buendia's and he was a Dutch international.

My only argument is against the rhetoric that Buendia is proven in The Prem. He isn't. He might be good, but a few hot games in a relegated team doesn't inspire me.

Last edited:

truth_hurts

If we're buying Buendia, we should sign Pukki as well. 40m for the pair? Both Prem proven.

Finesse

Do you go for Buendia at £25M or do you get a 6 month loan on Isco and then put that £25M towards a Grealish in the summer? Or even try to sign Aouar again if thats who the manager really wants.

Would Buendia make a vast difference to our season compared to a Grealish kind of signing next year?

I hoped we tied him down in the summer even ahead of Aouar. He stats are up there with Maddison and Grealish. I remember Maddison’s brilliant season in the Championship with Norwich. Anyone who knows the game should have seen the player he was becoming. Leicester made the move while the top clubs looked around for the exotic names. See what he has become. He would play in any top team today.

He knows the league. Will take little or no time to adapt. He has a fight in him and needs to play in a top team to bring out his game.

Most fans look a YouTube vids but rarely take note to spot the basics. It’s not about the dribbles or runs or goals. Watch how he receives the ball , first touch , how he directs and positions the ball upon reception , and how quickly he thinks on transition and carries out the very simple things quicker than his opponent. This is what makes Saka a stand out player for Arsenal. The opponent has an idea of what he is about to do , but they are just a second quicker in execution and evade the opposition every time. Buendia , Saka , Madisson etc have that in them.

For example the pockets of space ESR has been tasked to occupy for us ,is where Buendia would explode. Especially with the players like Partey behind him and runs from Martinelli and Saka around him.

truth_hurts

Maddison and Grealish shat on Buendia last year in The Prem and were clearly better in The Championship.

All these other clubs are being really kind in leaving the door open for us to sign him.

I'm neutral on signing Buendia but am under no illusion that he would come here and tear defences a new one.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Maddison and Grealish shat on Buendia last year in The Prem and were clearly better in The Championship.

All these other clubs are being really kind in leaving the door open for us to sign him.

I'm neutral on signing Buendia but am under no illusion that he would come here and tear defences a new one.

That's reasonable. We need to be careful because on the one hand we need to bring in 8 players by my count. We don't have many saleable assets so we can't spend loads. But we run the risk of just becoming mediocre if we buy a load of £15m OK players

benjamin86

Established Member

I still think Buendia is more interesting in a midfield 3 than a front 3. He's very good at receiving the ball from the defence under pressure and starting the attack. (think Cazorla when he played deeper)

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I still think Buendia is more interesting in a midfield 3 than a front 3. He's very good at receiving the ball from the defence under pressure and starting the attack. (think Cazorla when he played deeper)

Tackles and intercepts well according to the stats too

benjamin86

Established Member
Tackles and intercepts well according to the stats too
Yup puts in a lot of work for the team. I also just had a quick look and his stats in the championship are very similar to Grealish and Maddison.

25m or less is well worth it and at that price we don't need to ask him to be Bruno Fernandes just an incremental improvement that could end up worth a lot more.

Legend14

Established Member
Do you go for Buendia at £25M or do you get a 6 month loan on Isco and then put that £25M towards a Grealish in the summer? Or even try to sign Aouar again if thats who the manager really wants.

Would Buendia make a vast difference to our season compared to a Grealish kind of signing next year?
Isco doesn’t move the needle. Waste of time and money.

We can’t afford Grealish.

Did you really being up Aouar again. Why? He doesn’t fit anything we are doing and he is expensive.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Grealish or Aouar are not coming here, so who are suggesting?
Could maybe sign a Sabitzer or Nkunku. It all depends on our budget really. If we are confident about signing that calibre of player (40-60m bracket) as well as fixing defensive midfield and RCB then go for it.

However if signing Buendia is going to cost us a quality transfer at RCB, CM or CAM then our board should use their initiative and make the right call. Go for a loan for now and buy big in the summer.

What I would say though is we need to start stockpiling creative players. As it stands we only have ESR as a final third creator. Willian was meant to be that too but his performances have left us with only a 20 year old.

KenyanGoon

Grealish is far better than Buendia. I'm trying to think of a player in a struggling side last year who is comparable.

I've seen lazy comparisons to Gini at Newcastle, but his stats were far better than Buendia's and he was a Dutch international.

My only argument is against the rhetoric that Buendia is proven in The Prem. He isn't. He might be good, but a few hot games in a relegated team doesn't inspire me.
We cannot turn our noses up at Buendia, not when we have no one else in the club putting up similar numbers. Unless you enjoy seeing clueless Willian every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom