• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Buendia

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I think there were several people including myself who had him as one of the creative mid options, usually behind someone like Aouar though as a more affordable option. He was definitely talked about.

Yeah, we talked about him all the time - it was even a bit too repetitive, basically any maniac ,including me, that constantly visits AM during the window, posted a clever hint that we should get Buendia :lol:

Bloodbather

Established Member

Yes of course it is easier to find a replacement in the summer when you have more time than in January. My point still stands, why would Norwich have accepted a lower fee when they had already balanced the books and were under no pressure to sell?

You are absolutely right about players forcing the move changing the dynamic. If Buendia had been aggravating for a move back in the summer then maybe Norwich accept a lower bid to get rid of an unhappy player but there was no evidence that he was pushing for a move.

It's always more difficult for a relegated club to retain their players. Had there been strong interest in Buendia in the summer, the player probably pushes for a move to a higher level, thus facilitating the transfer. Bournemouth, for example, lost pretty much all of their highly-rated players. It's less likely to happen when the player begins the season with the relegated club and is in contention for re-promotion.

As far as I can recall he wasn’t discussed much here during the summer transfer window.

It was actually the opposite, Buendia was almost talked about ad nauseam with a number of members -including myself- bringing him up as an option pretty consistently.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...iliano-buendia-otro-objetivo-del-arsenal.html

Not a good source, but saying that we're still "kinda interested" and that his agents will travel to Arsenal "in the coming weeks".

Feels very much this will be one for the summer.

Was definitely the first target for the winter window, but the club has only himself to blame for leaving it to such a situation when we could've gotten him for around 25m in the summer when we realized Aouar isn't gonna come here.

The better journalists all reported our interest already and he's the obvious first choice in this window, quite frankly.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I’d quite like one. He’s a baller.

My only worry is position.
Yeah, he's been playing as a RW for Norwich. Pepe, Saka, Nelson and Willian can all play there. It's suggested he would play centrally here though, but it really is a strange one.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I’d quite like one. He’s a baller.

My only worry is position.

Absolutely want this guy, looks a bargain for probs 30m. Don't think it's a hard thing to do by then, just now, since there's too much on the line.

Would only give up on him for Grealish, but come on, we all know it..

Iceman10

Established Member
It was actually the opposite, Buendia was almost talked about ad nauseam with a number of members -including myself- bringing him up as an option pretty consistently.

Sorry I didn’t notice, could be because I was on holiday and came into transfer threads late when Aouar and others were dominating the discussions, can’t remember. Have to admit also after the Emery debacle I was down on following PL football quite a bit for parts of last season, and that’s why I obviously missed a lot of what Buendia was doing in the league.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Yeah, he's been playing as a RW for Norwich. Pepe, Saka, Nelson and Willian can all play there. It's suggested he would play centrally here though, but it really is a strange one.

He's versatile enough to be able to play all attacking midfield positions. A Santi Cazorla type in that sense. Would fit in very well with Saka and ESR imo, you could alternate them in various ways (Saka on the left, Buendia on the right - Buendia on the left, Saka on the right - ESR on the left, Buendia central, Saka on the right, etc).

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
In summer it'll be more difficult if Norwich get promoted either we'll have to pay 30m at least if we move on pepe Willian it'll make it easier buying him

Iceman10

Established Member
In summer it'll be more difficult if Norwich get promoted either we'll have to pay 30m at least if we move on pepe Willian it'll make it easier buying him

If you are saying 30m (or a bit more) this window the problem is promotion is worth 100m+ for clubs, so this is where the maths problem comes in, unless in these mid-season windows the player stinks up the club he is at by trying to force the move. The player is not really forcing a move even though his agents are putting out that he is interested while the club is counteracting that all by saying the player is settled in Norwich.

tcahill

^this.

I don't understand why people are saying wait until end of season. Norwich will be in the premier league, and they'll want to keep their best PL proven player. Only way we'll get him cheap is if he forces a move or if Norwich stay down.

Iceman10

Established Member
Have seen a decent amount of video of the player now, definitely looks the part technically and physically, and can roam to either side of the pitch effectively while also looking good down the middle. Definitely would be an instant fit and boost to our football, I see an argument to be made that he could be better, and lower risk, than Aouar.

Main question remains availability, price, and how much we would be prepared to pay. As mentioned above it is going to be tough to get Norwich to offload him unless the player forces a move, but nothing unprofessional, just a transfer request at most (which Norwich can turn down).

Goonger

Only thing is, you don't know the conversations clubs have with players. For all we know, there might be a gentlemans agreement, something along the lines of stay, get us promoted, & we'll be receptive to fair offers in the summer.

I don't think Buendia would really be looking forward to another relegation battle of he has the chance to compete at the top end of the table.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The "getting him cheap" ship has sailed long ago, its halfway across the world by now.

We going to have to pay at least 30 million for this player, and it would be a worthy investment in my opinion. Pay between 30-40 million, and throw in a player if needed, and get this man in for next season.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Have seen a decent amount of video of the player now, definitely looks the part technically and physically, and can roam to either side of the pitch effectively while also looking good down the middle. Definitely would be an instant fit and boost to our football, I see an argument to be made that he could be better, and lower risk, than Aouar.

Main question remains availability, price, and how much we would be prepared to pay. As mentioned above it is going to be tough to get Norwich to offload him unless the player forces a move, but nothing unprofessional, just a transfer request at most (which Norwich can turn down).
Yeah, even if we get Ødegaard I can definitely see a midfielder 3 of both of them inverted on either side of Partey working quite well. ESR and another rotational midfielder that can cover for Partey would be a pretty strong midfield then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom