• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Buendia

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It's what to do in terms of signings that's the tricky bit. Sign a young player to rotates with Saka and ESR and have a lot of inexperience/inconsistency or sign a prime player and risk hindering ESR

We need to be protecting Saka & ESR, thats why we need a quality squad. All 3 would play plenty but the younger 2 would get rests when needed.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We need to be protecting Saka & ESR, thats why we need a quality squad. All 3 would play plenty but the younger 2 would get rests when needed.

Definitely, I just wonder what the best squad building plan would be.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
At the time Amn had a great game in the Fa cup and the fans were up in arms about him being sold. Which just goes to show that fans are best ignored for the better of the club.

:lol: Yes he did have a good run. I've always felt he's not good enough to get us top 4 at any of the positions he can play. I'd sell this summer if we get the chance!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We are a big club and should be aiming to get back into CL (top 4) at least via. the 2021/22 season for 2022/23. Partey is that level, Gabriel maybe also. I see this signing as not just an addition but the replacement for Özil also.

If it has to be pushing the boat out on Grealish, that’s what it will have to be. Would be fine with Aouar also. Would also go with Ødegaard even though there would be some risk with that but I liked what I saw when he was at Sociedad last season.
Without the money how are you gonna push the boat? Call Villa and say we are big club and we demand Grealish? He will be 65-70 million alone and for a club whi has not been in the CL for years and unlikely to even make the Europa league this season. We are not gonna outspend top teams. And if Grealish becomes available you think we would be the only team interested in him? Why would he choose Arsenal ahead of a club like Man U for example? The players who are gonna take us back to CL football wont be big players that will choose us ahead of other top teams. It will be Buendia type of players who the elite teams dont want right now and we have to take a chance on them. Doesnt have to be exactly like him. But it will be player of similar standard we will go for

Bloodbather

Established Member

At the time Amn had a great game in the Fa cup and the fans were up in arms about him being sold. Which just goes to show that fans are best ignored for the better of the club.

The thing is, people objected to selling AMN with the idea that he'd feature pretty heavily the next season. That hasn't happened, so the decision to keep him became a weird one.

Iceman10

Established Member
Without the money how are you gonna push the boat? Call Villa and say we are big club and we demand Grealish? He will be 65-70 million alone and for a club whi has not been in the CL for years and unlikely to even make the Europa league this season. We are not gonna outspend top teams. And if Grealish becomes available you think we would be the only team interested in him? Why would he choose Arsenal ahead of a club like Man U for example? The players who are gonna take us back to CL football wont be big players that will choose us ahead of other top teams. It will be Buendia type of players who the elite teams dont want right now and we have to take a chance on them. Doesnt have to be exactly like him. But it will be player of similar standard we will go for

Saying we are without money when it comes to this summer is an assumption.

If you are saying buy Buendia now you are putting up money for that also, albeit 30-40m vs. summer spending 70-80m for Grealish, probably 50-60m for Aouar or Ødegaard.

If you’re buying a player who won’t be top 4 level (I have to be convinced Buendia is a top 4 player) you are also compromising the return on the buy when it comes to CL qualification, and in that way lower cost signings that take up squad registration spots who end up having to be upgraded on down the line can actually end up costing us more over the long run.

I’m not saying money dictates the quality, smart buys can be the best, but they have to be smart buys to get us back into Top 4. That’s also why I would wait until summer. Doesn’t have to be Grealish, Aouar, or Ødegaard; can be another target unearthed not being talked about right now.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Saying we are without money when it comes to this summer is an assumption.

If you are saying buy Buendia now you are putting up money for that also, albeit 30-40m vs. summer spending 70-80m for Grealish, probably 50-60m for Aouar or Ødegaard.

If you’re buying a player who won’t be top 4 level (I have to be convinced Buendia is a top 4 player) you are also compromising the return on the buy when it comes to CL qualification, and in that way lower cost signings that take up squad registration spots who end up having to be upgraded on down the line can actually end up costing us more over the long run.

I’m not saying money dictates the quality, smart buys can be the best, but they have to be smart buys to get us back into Top 4. That’s also why I would wait until summer. Doesn’t have to be Grealish, Aouar, or Ødegaard; can be another target unearthed not being talked about right now.
You think we can spend +60 million on one player this summer? I thought we were past the unrealistic target phase. When we used to sign no one and praise the club for the players we tried to sign and say well atleast they showed ambition by targeting these players. Auoar is not better than Buendia and I sure as hell wouldnt spend 60 million on Ødegaard when we have ESR who is also central player. Buendia is the one who can play wide and compliment the team as second playmaker/link man

Iceman10

Established Member
You think we can spend +60 million on one player this summer? I thought we were past the unrealistic target phase. When we used to sign no one and praise the club for the players we tried to sign and say well atleast they showed ambition by targeting these players. Auoar is not better than Buendia and I sure as hell wouldnt spend 60 million on Ødegaard when we have ESR who is also central player. Buendia is the one who can play wide and compliment the team as second playmaker/link man

We can scrap the rest because it will just be agree to disagree on finances, especially when neither of us know for sure what it will be like for gate receipts for 2021/22 at this point, but if you are saying Aouar is not better than Buendia that is interesting, you are the first I have seen here saying that, will see if more join you on that opinion (I don’t think either ESR or Ødegaard are 100% limited to CM while neither will be able to play 100% of games either, but that’s another discussion I think).

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Can't be spending that much money in January during a pandemic on a guy from Norwich, it'd be ridiculous. I mean I want us to do well this season but it's not like we're fighting for a title, and tbh I think Arteta's job is safe till next season. Just keep the money till the summer and buy a first choice target.

I get what you say but he's PL exp, this makes a big difference. He could also make the difference for us to win the EL. We then go into the summer with very different options in the transfer window ie CL quality players.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I get what you say but he's PL exp, this makes a big difference. He could also make the difference for us to win the EL. We then go into the summer with very different options in the transfer window ie CL quality players.
That’s the thing people seem to not get. He has played in England for years, played in pl and did well and would not need much adjustment. While taking a guy like Auoar who has played in his hometown France all his life and need to get used to England and pl and he may never adjust. We need instant impact to save this season

Iceman10

Established Member
That’s the thing people seem to not get. He has played in England for years, played in pl and did well and would not need much adjustment. While taking a guy like Auoar who has played in his hometown France all his life and need to get used to England and pl and he may never adjust. We need instant impact to save this season

What would you say “save the season” would be where there would be a significant change in trajectory and revenues as opposed to waiting to do a (permanent) signing in the summer? If it is buy the player to win EL I’m personally not convinced, or to get us into top 4. Could be borderline to get us back into EL to be fair, will have to think about that.

Finesse

Glad someone else is of the same opinion. Sometimes we forget we are no longer that Arsenal. We are this Arsenal. Buy Buendia now. Give ourselves the chance to finish in Europe and build from there. In 2-3 years we can build to the Arsenal some one here think we are. Then we can use CL pedigree and the finance it brings to convince the likes of Grealish. For now he is out of our league. We have an opportunity to get Buendia before he comes the Grealish level.

Iceman10

Established Member
Glad someone else is of the same opinion. Sometimes we forget we are no longer that Arsenal. We are this Arsenal. Buy Buendia now. Give ourselves the chance to finish in Europe and build from there. In 2-3 years we can build to the Arsenal some one here think we are. Then we can use CL pedigree and the finance it brings to convince the likes of Grealish. For now he is out of our league. We have an opportunity to get Buendia before he comes the Grealish level.

Good discussion for complex weigh ups. I’m not ready to be out of CL for three more seasons, and I don’t think that is compatible with keeping players like Partey and Leno at the same time, but it is a good discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom