• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Buendia

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Heavily linked with Buendia? Maybe. Heavily linked with Bissouma? No.

When I say heavily I mean reputable links. Charles and Orny have both said we want Bissouma and there's been news saying Bissouma would love to join us as well.

Personally think that one is inevitable in the summer.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
When I say heavily I mean reputable links. Charles and Orny have both said we want Bissouma and there's been news saying Bissouma would love to join us as well.

Personally think that one is inevitable in the summer.

When did Ornstein say that? Charles Watts is not someone i would trust easily.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Don't particularly blame the club if this deal doesn't happen tbh. Firstly Norwich really don't want to sell, but secondly it's just a dead market. Haller to Ajax is the only deal for any notable money I can think of this window. Nobody is doing anything.

I'm no economist but my guess is that clubs were able to spend a bit in the summer despite the pandemic as they had money already lined up and they assumed fans would be back in stadiums. But we're gonna go basically a whole season without fans. Finances will be hit. We can't just pretend like there aren't huge mitigating circumstances right now.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
That is very categoric. Care to share some insights as to the why?
He is worth more now because he is probably Norwich's best player as they push for promotion back into the PL. They would be more willing to sell and listen to his demands (if he wants to come here) after they have reached their goal and have time to find a good replacement.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
40m for a Championship player in this market? :lol: GTFO.

Was better than most 40m players in the PL before though. Anyways, 40m is steep and it's blown up because they dont want to sell.

40m gets you 2-3 class talents with a good chance of 1-2 already being ready to do a job.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
If we assume he’s available for 30m in the summer then the question is should we pay the extra 10m for 6 months? There is still plenty to play for securing EL is worth a few times more than the 10m we save + we might even be gunning for the CL. Too many times I’ve seen this club go for the cheaper option only to lose out in the long run.

The only thing stopping me from saying go for it at 40m is the fact that there is serious doubt over club finances. Pre covid this would be a no brainer but with the current situation it’s not so clear.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Who is he displacing currently?

I keep my oppinion that he's as good centrally as he's out on the flanks, pretty much just like Cazorla, which is also the closest you could compare him to, imo.

I want a Partey-Buendia partnership.
Buendia is outstanding in defensive areas, such as pressing, interceptions and will improvement us both ways.

We also need 1-2 more creative players for depth, City has like 6 players who can do ESR's job and like 3 players of ESR/Buendia profile in the squad at almost all times.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
He is worth more now because he is probably Norwich's best player as they push for promotion back into the PL. They would be more willing to sell and listen to his demands (if he wants to come here) after they have reached their goal and have time to find a good replacement.
Will they? Or would their goal change to staying up after getting promotion. A promoted club has more funds than one chasing promotion.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Will they? Or would their goal change to staying up after getting promotion. A promoted club has more funds than one chasing promotion.
I think history tells us they wouldn't mind selling the player. They will get good money which can buy them a replacement and another player on top. They will have so much time to do so.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I think history tells us they wouldn't mind selling the player. They will get good money which can buy them a replacement and another player on top. They will have so much time to do so.

Yepp, that's usually how it goes.
Clubs just aren't that stupid, just us at times, and very well know the maths.

If they take a huge risk on missing out on promition because they sold Buendia for a few extra bucks, they just wont do it - obviously.

Getting back into the Prem is worth it multiple times, and they get at least 80% of the relative peanuts that is Buendia's fee, in comparison, in any way after it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom