• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Buendia

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

ESPN Argentina: Former Arsenal goalkeeper Martinez encouraged his team-mate Buendia to join Arsenal at the expense of his club Aston Villa, Martinez told his friend that he deserved a big club to grow with.

shocked mr bean GIF

Emi redemption arc?

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Don't think it will go that high unless there is a bidding war, but he's probably worth it. 15 goals and 16 assists (14 NPGs) is massive. Grealish got 6&7 in the Championship in 2018 by comparison (Buendia got 8 &12 that year as well).
What people forgets is his defensive attributes. Guy is like Santi but stronger. He Made a Lot of tackles and recover the ball very good. Like Alexis playing throug the middle. He is Santi and Alexis combined. I am 99% sure he Will move to CM later like Santi did.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Forced out because he offered him a new contract and told him he was 95% likely to start the season as #1? Nice.
"It took 10 years to get there. You train as a goalkeeper every day, but nobody prepares you for the story of your life.

"Nobody trains you to be frustrated, nobody trains you to cry.

"What about when you don’t play for four months? Will you keep going or will you be mentally dead?

"I could’ve done so much more over the years, but finally the world started to see what I’m capable of."

His time between the sticks was immensely successful, winning the FA Cup and Community Shield in the process.

But after Leno resumed fitness, he was back in goal - much to Martinez's annoyance.

It led to the 28-year-old demanding a move away, with Aston Villa signing him for a fee of around £20m.

“I thought if I played well that game [the Community Shield], I would be No.1, but afterwards it still wasn’t clear who was going to start in the league," Martinez added.

"I was told that there was a 95% chance I would start against Fulham, but I just thought, ‘why not 100%?’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom