• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Fighting **** & Glory Glory Go Into Meltdown

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Irritating. West Ham always raise their game against us and in this instance it was holding firm camping inside their own box.

Not just them. Other mid table table team raise their games against us. Is bragging rights to win against us and no shame losing. Best of both worlds. We just like to be the ****ing glorified and expensive whore satisfying all other teams in the league.

The Leicester City season is a clear example of this for sure.

I sometimes wonder about whether we're perceived to be at a level where teams don't underestimate us but equally don't fear us enough to not have a go. It seems Man City (and maybe Woolwich this season?) have opposition laying down their tools before the match even kicks off.

The curse is real guys…

We could have Pep, Klopp, Ferguson and Ancelloti all managing us at the same time and we’d still **** up👍👍

Forrest up next🙄

:nunothumb:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Kick off

Come on you Seagulls!

They'll either win this evening or lose 0-3.

Please make the Sky Gooner commentary team cry, Brighton

Lee Dixon on comm for the **** match. What a surprise

Not sure what way to take the BM result.
Are they so **** they will get whooped by the Goons or did they just take it easy with that game in mind?

Remind me, is this the one where Arse throw it away and then sulk for the rest of the season?

**** don't look composed at all.

As long as B'ton don't try and be too flash, they are bang in this game with a chance to get something.

Only a matter of time before Woolwich score. Brighton look so open at the back.

Feel if **** get the first goal, they'll go on from there.

B'ton must strike first, if there's has to be a goal/s.

0-1
This ****ing ref has given **** everything so far

I would just let **** have it up to their first third and then bite at them.

Don't get too sucked in, or they'll space-**** you, in behind.

****ing dumb challenge

no way a pen...no ****ing way.

Come on VAR he got the ****ing ball

What a ****ing joke

VAR isn't going to overturn that, but it's a BS penalty call. We'd never get that.

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaha so corrupt it's unreal.

Never a penalty

He gets the ball!

Lamptey, what the actual ****ing hell are you doing???

That's disgraceful.

****ing idiot for making the tackle. Lazy bloody challenge and gifts them a goal.

And.......the TV goes on mute.

**** off Smith you gooner ****

Alan Smith thinks they came to the right decision.

100% penalty...people claiming ball as if it mitigates that rash challenge...LOL

Its a penalty

Lamptey is a ****ing idiot.

show me where he's ever done that before and he saves it for ****ing **** in this title race, at this ****ing time.

Just absolutely **** off.

these jammy ****ing bastards.

Penalty no 10 for Woolwich. If we had half their penalties we'd be above them.

At this point when we played Brighton, was we 2 or 3 nil down at this point.

If nothing else, at least keep them to one goal, B'ton.

All I ask.

I think it was probably a penalty, but it’s the fact they’re in double digits and don’t we have one? Just so ridiculous how you can gift a team 10 goals and we’re stuck trying to grind away to score.

Another dodgy penalty for the goons…

Must be nice

Wonder how many more Gooner ****s Sky can ask if it was a penalty.

That's Smith, Carney and Walcott - now we cross to a neutral... oh we can't cos this is a Gooner only show ffs

Whom would you prefer to die in a fire? Mr Karen Kearney, theo wanksock or Arteta

All of the above?

Can’t even be ****ed now to check in on the **** games. They get lucky decisions and goals every match. We just need to hope Liverpool and Man City get more.

0-2
Saka miraculously recovers and joins in the celebration.

I hate these ****s so much.

Three defenders stood round Havertz and none of them do anything. Poor.

Still Saka made a miraculous recovery after squealing and lying on the ground like he'd been shot

Brighton gave it more of a go against the top sides under Potter.

Anyone else genuinely worried ?

It’s coming down to us to decide who wins the league

Well thats that turned off

Unbearable this, When the officials are standing by to give a helping hand its hard to stop

Beat Woolwich and play the kids against City and Liverpool but beat all the other teams.

Fcukimg cheating cnut Saka.

One thing I will give Woolwich credit for. They gift you nothing. We could benefit from being so miserly.

Who gives a **** about Woolwich they ain’t winning the league lets worry about us and getting that 4th place .

Unfortunately the **** look genuine challenger's, I think they will beat us as well.
If they do manage to win the league, would it put pressure on levy and the board, probably not as they have never shown desire to win it.

**** are playing like they were against Citeh now. Lego head surely learnt something from last season bottling. Damn it.

Brighton like many other teams this season have been completely useless v woolwich. They played good last weekend v Liverpool and now play terrible v woolwich

0-3
I guess it's just the inevitability of them winning games like these each time... There's just no jeopardy!

We got THUMPED at Brighton, and only JUST beat them at home..., and these ****s are cruising like it's a pre season friendly!!

Knew they would get bent over today.

Last season they were short in certain areas, that included mentality, but now they seem to have it and are genuine contenders.

They’ve won 10 and drawn 1 of their last 11 since New Year. In the head to heads involving Woolwich, Dippers and Citeh, Woolwich picked up 8 points, other pair both just picked up 3. We’re lucky that they are not well clear at the top. It’s those two losses over Christmas at home to Spammers and at Fulham that could well come back to bite them.

I think City are gonna drop more points than them, from here.

Last season not many thought they’d be able to handle the pressure. But this year it looks like their **** lot learned from it. They have been extremely consistent this year which is definitely a worry. Fortunately, Liverpool and City have been as consistent as them, but Liverpool might have a bump or two on the road. As for City, it’s out of their hands atm so yeah…

Also, referee decisions have been ****ing kind to them all seasons. Diving with no cards and probably one of the highest number of penalties awarded. Can't make that up. Depressing.

Tuchel just needs to go 3 at the back against Ars and let them have the ball and get Kane to play as a false 9, that's the only way they're gonna beat Ars IMO

Doesn’t matter what formation he plays,they ain’t beating arse.

Last edited:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Leaving the stadium, some of our fans were an absolute disgrace. You're supposed to be an adult, taking losing with a bit of grace. They were absolute ****, abusing and threatening the locals. **** off out of our club.
Newcastle fans are just as bad or even worse.
Think I'm gonna throw myself in the Tyne
Unfortunately, the style of play worked well enough in, the working mans league of Scotland but it's being shown up here.
Lovely man, says all the right things but, the standard of coaching and football leave a lot to be desired.
The defence is ****, hasn't kept a clean sheet for months, that is not the standard of a team chasing top four.
In any case, playing like this in the CL would create laughter among the other clubs.
thank GOD for the first 10 games eh? Or else we'd probably be Crystal Palace or Brentford by now...
Atrociously poor. People are talking naivety but our ability to actually carve out really clear cut chances is terrible. Newcastle found it so easy to contain us at 3-0 up, we didn't even come close to opening them up.
Ange is naïve to have that mindset, at Celtic away at St Mirren absolutely, away at Fulham & Newcastle u need to be adaptable
Ange has been found out .....better come up with a new plan
Need Villa thoroughly punished tomorrow to get the goal difference back.

Much doom and gloom at the ****.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Before the game

Saliba is very comfortable on the ball and very athletic. He's a top centre back. What they have (like us) is a really balanced partnership who play together nearly every week. Most teams don't have that and it is more important than any one individual defender. One of the things I admire most about VVD is he can play pretty much next to any CB and they always end up looking good, he's elite .. comfortably the best in the world.

2-0

Christ that was awful from front to back

What **** defending. ****ing useless.

Isak is absolute class to be fair

Son losing the ball yet again. Then the defense fall on their asses. Useless.

Timo is a goal threat who's not scoring :cool:

Horrible by Romero. Didn't need to jump in there

3-0
thats from son losing the ****ing ball yet again!!!

lol donkey brain udogie can’t even clear the ****ing ball

Shocking goal to concede. ****ing bumbling idiots.

LOL. Wankers.

Goodnight Vienna

Another Son giveaway.

Werner is pants. Flatters to deceive.

And that’s that.

lol Rubbish ****

Abysmal. Id turn the telly off but I'm in the pub and I've got a pint to drink.
LMAO Van Der Clownface at it again.

Absolute shambles

Son losing the ball, they score on the counter...is this first half again?

What's the ****ing point. I'm off to the supermarket.

We can’t keep playing this way, it’s so easy to score against us

Son is so weak, loses the ball & they go & score

What a ****ing shambles

Why the **** is Van Den Ven sitting in the Newcastle half.

Ange, this might be 'your way of playing' but **** me, we're going to get drubbed by anyone with a half decent attack.

4-0
Yep, and surprise, sur-****ing-surprise, they finally score from a corner.

Hahaha

Honestly, we even leave their centre half unmarked at corners

Thats not a player issue, it's a management / tactical issue.

everytime neucastle scored - their attacker is almost on a 1-1 with the last defender or goalie.

everytime we attacked - we face congestion. no space.

ANALYSE THAT.

ANge is finished if he d0esnt adjust.

Arsenals gonna run through us again at home

Terrifies me. If we concede the number of corners against them as we did today we might as well not bother showing up.

What a ****ing disgrace.

Free header.

Pathetic.

Embarrassing...

Ange may not like it but I think we need to start doing some preparation for how to deal with the opponent. Defending is half of the game.

Let's never speak of this game again.

I ****ing hate us sometimes... I really hate us!

They see that as success as well.

This is disgraceful

:davieshmm:

Conceded on a corner. I’m shocked, I tell ya.

Well, that’s it for me today. Doubt I’ll miss much in the remaining five minutes.

****ing garbage.

FT

Hey Ange maybe you're to arrogant to care or to clueless to know but Gooner **** start;

Rice, Ødegaard and Jorginho in the middle with Havertz dropping deep and helping out. If you proceed to start Maddison in the middle then you are even more clueless then I thought.

Denting Gooners title hopes means ****ibg everything.

The overreaction is insane. We were ****ing **** today, but calling for Ange's head is straight up ridiculous. Pep finished his first season in 3rd with a much better squad than ours in a worse League (at the time). The **** down the road finished 8th twice before going 5th and having some noticeable improvement. Even Klopp had a rocky start at Liverpool. I've seen enough this season to trust in the rebuild that Ange is committed to. We were supposed to finish around 8th this season, yet we're fighting for Europe.

Let's suppose that some here get their wish and Ange is sacked. Who would they bring? Would we go back to Conte? Or how about bringing Ramos back, he knows how to win a trophy with us...

Arteta only got the time he did because he won an FA cup in his first season.

Klopp got to 2 finals in his first season.

Why do these facts always get left out.

Arteta actually got time because there was no-one in the stadium, when he had them in 15th the fans would have forced him out.

He won the FA Cup in a Covid plagued season playing the worst football known to man (his football at the time was utterly horrible to watch, park the bus, give it to Tierney and hope that Aubameyang somehow scores out of nothing).
As for Klopp. he completely bottled the Europa League Final against Sevilla. His football at the time was great though, proper balls to the wall stuff.

What did people realistically expect Ange to do in his first season? Win a treble? Because the day before the season started, we sold one of the greatest players to ever play for this club, and I was hoping to at least get a 7th...

Agree.

Ange has got lots to fix, but chopping and changing every time we hit a rough patch isn’t the answer. It’s been 5 or 6 years since we had any kind of stability

Just give him time and back him. Worked for Klopp, Pep and Arteta

He's been looking a bit ruffled in recent weeks.

The calm persona is starting to crack.

Starting to look like a Sp**s manager now.

Gerry Francis used to tend to his pigeons when he had a bad day.

I wonder what Ange will do this evening.

What a miserable bunch you lot are. Let's go back to the manager roulette just 9 months into our rebuild.

Klopp, Arteta,etc. all had tough and difficult moments in getting to where they are now (Arse haven't won anything but to deny their quality is delusional). They were terribly inconsistent teams who stuck with their manager and spent money on their squads to get them to competing for titles. Klopp was called inflexible and stubborn for trying to play his "heavy-metal" football every game in his first season. Arteta was termed naive and out-of-his-depth in their dreadful first 2 seasons. Sound familiar?

They got the personnel they need and did make tweaks to their systems but overall, stuck to their principles and they're both better teams for it. Some of you are going mad suggesting wholescale changes game to game based on our performances.

Also, some of the revionism here is pretty funny. It's like some of you just support Sp**s to be negative.

Fair bit of overreaction as expected on here.

I think a lot of people started to think of Ange as the messiah after a really good start. This is the highest level of football he has ever managed at and the “we’ll score more than them” approach isn’t going to work with the forwards we have in our squad.

If you were ranking attacks in the Premier League, ours is a long way off Top 4.

Midfield? The same.

Defence? Romero and VDV are top centre backs, Udogie and Porro are good young wingbacks. The issue is that the high line exposes them constantly and when you’ve got attacking wingbacks expected to also play fullback, **** is bound to hit the fan.

The issue that Ange hasn’t addressed is that our forwards and midfield just aren’t good enough to create and score chances consistently against Premier League level defences. Yet he is pretending that it is, we’re playing high intensity football with a high line to create pressure in the final third, despite not being good enough which leaves us exposed at the back. We’re relying on our biggest weakness (our attack) to win us games.

Doesn’t take a genius to see similarities between what’s happening here and what happened under Conte and Mourinho. Back when we had those two, we had the best striker in the league and Son in his prime. played ultra defensive, counter attacking football despite having a dogshit defence. Now we’re playing ultra attacking football despite having a dogshit attack.

It’s just not going to work under Ange in the Premier League unless he’s given a top class front three and DM. You can only teach donkeys to pull carts. Levy isn’t going to give him those players. So Top 4 and a cup run is the best we can hope for.

Accept that and results like today are easier to swallow.

It’s the lack of a plan other than A that is mystit

It’s the lack of a plan other than A that is mystifying

When was the last time you enjoyed football?

That's not a dig, I'm wondering myself. The feeling of following a hopeless club is draining. I'll be back next season but really the initial Conte hype felt like the club might turn the corner then they did the exact same **** they always do in the transfer market and Conte went sour from the start.

Losing 3-0 at Fulham, 4-0 at Newcastle and finding yourself 4-0 down at Brighton is just not good enough.

The fast start/new manager bounce of 26 points from 30 in first 10 games has really masked mid table form over the last 22 games.

I like Ange, he seems a good bloke, I like that he's principled and wants to play on the front foot. But we need to be honest that there are quite a few issues. Squad depth, some average players, lack of focus/intensity, but there are some tactical problems. You can probably get away with his approach in the SPL when you're managing Celtic but even average-ish PL teams will catch you out...we need to wise up in this regard. I do think it's in part tactical because we have at CB Romero (WC winner) and Van de Ven (outstanding prospect) and being real we won't get any better than them. I would say Udogie and Porro have been a bit off it over the past month or two but the space issue isn't all on them, they could show more discipline but it's in part tactical.

I keep seeing this comparison again and again. And you know, there's a problem here. They were all backed 100% by their respective boards. Our history in this area is not good.

TornadoTed

Established Member
After the new manager bounce and feel good factor earning 26 points in their first 10 games, 34 from the last 22 games since is very mediocre form.

Discounting those first 10 games their PPG would give them 59 points over a 38 game season. They finished on 60 points last season so hardly the huge improvement Ange's arrival has been made out to be.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Sorry, just got to vent...

I REALLY REALLY DESPISE ARTETA.

Thank you.

Oddegard really is that player Madrid hoped they had signed all them years ago.

if City drop points at Brighton I think Gooner **** will win the league.

Chavs given up now by the looks of it.

Well, over to you Sp**s. We'd better ****ing show up on Sunday or I'll be bloody furious...

Chelsea getting absolutely pieced apart, not looking forward to Sunday

Goodnight all !

Chavs taking it up the arse from ****.....

This chelsea side are ****ing awful

Yet everyone knows they'll **** us

Would be just like us to lose on sunday and beat City and hand **** the title.

Just perfectly set up for one of our specials.

That's because we have turned them into West Ham. They can be **** all season but they know if they beat us their fans will give them the hero treatment and treat it as a good season.

I honestly don’t see how we get anything from Sunday. With how we have been playing the last few months it really is worrying watching this.

The only positive is that it's happening to Chelsea.

I guarantee you Chelsea won’t be this **** next week

Well, on this showing we have absolutely nothing to fear from Chelsea next Thursday...

Oh, no hang on, they'll actually turn up and GIVE A **** for OUR game, won't they?

What a waste of a club... the **** have they actually contributed to football...

If we play how we've been playing lately vs this Woolwich team then we are walking into a nightmare matchup stylistically. They will cut us to ribbons.

Jesus ****ing Christ!! 5!!

Embarrassing

****ing hell where’s the old bill, Chelsea are getting ****ed in public

Well it looks like Woolwich have the goal difference sewn up.
Worth an extra point if you think about it

Arse are extremely good without the ball.

You know it's bad when Ben White Orange gets in on the act!!

**** me!!!

Chavs are just giving away the goals that they borrowed from the toffees last week

Poch is a bum

Of course. When they play the ****, Chelsea look like a League 2 side. When they play us next Thursday, they'll turn into Brazil 1970.

Have we ever been battered like this vs Woolwich? Embarrassing how frequently the chavs roll over for that mob, surely there must be some kind of rivalry there, how do they both hate us but not each other???

The fact we play both of these in the next two games, and I'm not looking forward to either speaks volumes!

If Chelsea somehow turn up against us next week, then I SWEAR they've done tonight on purpose!

Chelsea always raise their game against us because we're their rivals and its a proper Derby. When they play Woolwich, both sets of fans just hold hands and sing about how much they both really hate Tottenham. It's why Chelsea are happy to roll over and have their tummies tickled by the ****.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom